Beta - 1080p Samsung Client

cmcg

Marc Morisse

I'll maybe just copy the stable release on the beta site in future if there is no current beta. Makes more sense than leaving an out of date beta there.

This would be very helpful!

Do you think you could maintain a sticky read only post with all version numbers for both stable and beta, as it is very difficult from User side to know which version is released where and when, and thanks to the cumbersome installation method (thanks samsung) it is very time consuming to check each IP to discover a new version was released (or not). Just asking :-)

• Like 1

FrostByte

media#1+4

I think transcoding occurs because of h264 profile. L5.1 is transcoded by purpose if I remember right.

Elysium is correct, our TVs only support X264 up to Level 4.1.  If you try to play it without transcoding you will get a Samsung Error code 1 or 3. 

The supported video types should be in the back of all user's manual

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

Marc Morisse

Done.

Brilliant, thanks a lot!

I can go back to stable since I know about it now :-)

Can you also add cinema mode tomorrow?

Just kidding :-) :-) :-)

Edited by Marc Morisse

CBers

Do you think you could maintain a sticky read only post with all version numbers for both stable and beta, as it is very difficult from User side to know which version is released where and when, and thanks to the cumbersome installation method (thanks samsung) it is very time consuming to check each IP to discover a new version was released (or not). Just asking :-)

FYI, there is a list of the latest versions for Emby software across server and clients listed here, including the Emby for Samsung Smart TV app.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Can you also add cinema mode tomorrow?

Just kidding :-) :-) :-)

You have to ask 29 more times in a very short period of time, then maybe he'll sneak it in there to see if you notice ;)

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

jaxnatax
Hallo Gentlemen,

Thank you for that you're trying to help.

@cmcg: I could not catch your sentence about H series TV's transparent keypad issue - I have an F series Sammy Tv

Beta or stable version check out - I think it'd just simple. If you do not want to merge the two sections, then edit the first post at both section (version numbering). With this you can save time for both side of us. !But! I do not ask this. It was my fault not checking out the other section...

The buggy screen - I knew it will be hard to imagine what I saw, so I made a picture of it today:

This happens sometimes when I push return or exit during movie playback

please check the left-down corner - only that controls available in this case

L5.1 incompatibility at Sammy side - got it, thank you! Maybe Sammy client could write it out ? It'd mean less complaining would arrive....eg "Transcoding (unsupported codec by TV)" ?

So much details - I know :) writing down and checking out was more horrible.

Full mediainfo details ? That's even more exhausting to read :)

HTAB/FTAB/HSBS/FSBS - filled up manually - now Samy Client show correctly, but playback is still rendered with two pictures...

as you can see here its called half-OU - may I suggest it to MB developers ?

The key information here is that media #3 can NOT be played back in 3D, WHILE media#6 CAN.

Both are HTAB (half-OU) and L4.1, only the x264 codec version differ a little.

At the 6th media, somehow MB or Sammy client handles the media differently. 

If you tell me that I should turn with this the MB guys I'll do...

Then as a final summary of my askings:

- Please implement hungarian (maybe other languages) to the primary audio/subtitle selection list Or let us add it manually

- Please display both local and original titles under the posters OR at the details pane OR just let us search for both

- Please display the item's full path at the details pane

- Please add filtering option to the movie folders section also

- At searching  a wildcard option could be great

- Please check if resuming issues are caused by Sammy client or I should turn to the MB staff

- Is that normal that secondary/third/etc audio tracks are not direct played ? Only audio is direct copied then ? what about video - Please add that info there

- Please check if some DTS audio tracks failing depends on Sammy client or not

- Texts at the frame of the screen are often overlapping (like "English and the menu index numbering" and "time against - next page, prev page, login etc texts" at the login page)

regards,

J

Edited by jaxnatax

FrostByte

L5.1 incompatibility at Sammy side - got it, thank you! Maybe Sammy client could write it out ? It'd mean less complaining would arrive....eg "Transcoding (unsupported codec by TV)" ?

It should have made a comment in the log why it was transcoding.  Something about the Level not being compatible.

FrostByte

I hate to sound like a noob, but how i get this on my smart tv, looking to do some testing....thanks in advanced

Went to: http://82.11.185.51/    - Says, " Nothing here..."

Use the instructions in this post depending on your model

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/9869-samsung-smart-tv-app-install-instructions/

Edit: the stable version is the most current version right now until the new beta cycle

Edited by FrostByte

SilentAssassin

Now that the 1080 beta has gone stable shouldn't this thread be locked. When any new beta's come through start a new thread to discuss those, as this one has now got quite lengthy.

• Like 1

Marc Morisse

Sorry guys if this is a dumb question, but is there finally a solution for detecting a E model + Évolution kit SEK-2000 as a H model and enjoy all the latest gizmos?

CBers

Has the Stable been copied over to latest beta?

I can't update from beta IP address.

I don't want to have to change the IP address just to get the Stable release, only to have to change it again for the next beta.

Thanks.

mcpllabelle

Has the Stable been copied over to latest beta?

I can't update from beta IP address.

I don't want to have to change the IP address just to get the Stable release, only to have to change it again for the next beta.

Thanks.

Is it really that hard to change IP?

My IP changed today. Normally it stays the same for months at a time but was messing with my firewall this morning. New beta IP is 82.27.106.58. Please confirm you can install from here. You'll find I've placed 2.1.2 there.

• Like 2

CBers

Thanks Colin.

It seems to find it, but it's taking a long time to update. Been sitting on the Synchronisation box for 5 minutes now.

I'll power cycle the TV.