Beta - 1080p Samsung Client

cmcg

2.1.0e
Fixed: Music page opens at Recent instead of the selected section.
Fixed: "Hide watched content from latest media" not displayed correctly on the settings page.
Fixed: Indexing removed from the Latest view since it is not alphabetical.
Fixed: Keypad covers the password box during user logon.
Logon password is now obscured.

• Like 4

Hi @@fc7

Thanks for the screenshot. We had one similar report. It looks like the IME has picked up some style settings from somewhere that made it's background transparent. Did you try deleting the app and doing a fresh install?

Yeap, to no avail.

• Like 2

The missing red, green, yellow, blue icons have been missing since the HD version was introduced. I always put it down to maybe the filenames changing for the new high res versions of the icons. Never got round to reporting it as the screen works as should and you never usually see it again after entering the details at first installation.

Indeed. I'm only seeing this during the first-time config. Once I'm in the app all the icons are fine.

FrostByte

Still getting that weird screen on F6500 and NOT the SEK2000.  Must be device specific else I would see the same on both

Can you guys tell me if you see this IME bug (images missing from the on-screen keypad and tool bar) when you click Add to Playlist please? But only answer if you see the bug already on the new server page.

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 1

If you're able to side load from USB, could you please try a couple of old builds to nail down when the IME issue appeared?

It was first reported in beta 2.1.0c so it would be really helpful to know if the extensive CSS changes in that build caused it (seems likely) or if was there earlier.

2.0.3a http://82.11.185.51/Emby_2.0.3a_Europe_20151230.zip
2.0.7   http://82.11.185.51/Emby_2.0.7_Europe_20160123.zip
2.1.0b http://82.11.185.51/Emby_2.1.0b_Europe_20160124.zip
2.1.0c http://82.11.185.51/Emby_2.1.0c_Europe_20160127.zip

No rush on this. I've got a family thing for most of today.

Cheers

SilentAssassin

Exactly the same with 2.0.3a, is it worth trying the newer versions?

I mentioned that I noticed the missing icons ever since the initial HD version, never use the playlist feature so don't know if that was broken at the same time.

Edited by SilentAssassin
  • Like 1

A couple of other fixes here, in particular the audio transcoding.

2.1.0f
Fixed: Empty folder icon not displayed.
Fixed: Add to Playlist dialogue dimmed.
Fixed: Everything transcoded to Dolby when AAC Transcoding is Dolby set true.

• Like 4

CBers

Is it the server side that has to fixed for cinema mode or the Samsung app.

Thanks

I'm sure everyone will be aware if/when Cinema Mode is available in the app.

Until then, please be patient, as there's no need to keep asking the same question.

• Like 4

I tried lots of things to reproduce this error but I could not.

Mate it's just a cosmetic thing there are many other more important stuff to work on (livetv, recordings? hahaha). I think we can live with the missing icons in the first conf screen for a while. :)

Keep up with the amazing work.

Edited by fc7

fluffykiwi

I rarely use playlists but have recently created a couple as having a few friends over.

Just noticed the emby server creates playlist icons which are album sized, i.e. square with three half album sized images, but the Samsung app is placing them in the standard rectangular icon spaces, i.e space for four posters. The thin black line with rounded corners is empty at both sides.

btw great work on the updates. Even after deleting and reinstalling everything is very fast on first load.

post-44692-0-26409900-1455375171_thumb.jpg

Edited by fluffykiwi
  • Like 1

mcpllabelle

I'm sure everyone will be aware if/when Cinema Mode is available in the app.

Until then, please be patient, as there's no need to keep asking the same question.

Im just wondering what screwed it up.

SilentAssassin

Just looking through the code and it is definitely something to do with ime2.js, it must also present it's own onscreen buttons. Not sure if you are meant to package that in with the app, I would guess that is built in to the TV firmware though. Maybe Samsung has messed up with a recent firmware which has caused those graphics to be missing. Is there someway to control the ime when calling it that may give you the ability to hide the buttons. From the code in guipage_newserver.js you are getting it to display a return button but it looks as though the ime2.js is also "trying" to display a return button.

• Like 1

FrostByte

No, Cinema mode has never been in the app.  Nothing has screwed it up.  As mentioned by cmcg in post #288 it is something he MAY look at implementing in the future, not fixing something that is broke. 

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 2

FrostByte

Maybe Samsung has messed up with a recent firmware which has caused those graphics to be missing.

I haven't had a firmware update on my HTS in over a year, so don't believe it would be firmware.  Maybe an update to the Samsung SDK or something

mcpllabelle

No, Cinema mode has never been in the app. Nothing has screwed it up. As mentioned by cmcg in post #288 it is something he MAY look at implementing in the future, not fixing something that is broke.

I hope its soon, PLEX forums are talking about implementing it in their Samsung app.

Cinema Mode if anything should be enabled on TV apps before Smart Phone and Computer where the full benefits would be enjoyed.

DrWatson

I hope its soon, PLEX forums are talking about implementing it in their Samsung app.

Cinema Mode if anything should be enabled on TV apps before Smart Phone and Computer where the full benefits would be enjoyed.

Nag much

• Like 3

mcpllabelle

Nag much

Lol Im not nagging, just stating my opinion. Im paying for Emby Premiere and when I made a request I get told that it MAY happen, not the answer a paying customer should get.

DrWatson

The samsung app has nothing to do with Emby Premiere it is developed free by members of the community who see no money from you paying for Emby Premiere. So while you are a paid Emby Premiere subscriber makes not a jot of difference to the guys developing this app.

• Like 7