Beta - 1080p Samsung Client

cmcg

Ultroman

But not with Coverart Treatments...

I can see why those two things wouldn't coincide beautifully.

Nevertheless, I would much prefer the old way, when not having coverart treatments on. This new way sort of disturbs the look of things, IMO. Especially with the choppy application of the effect. The white border had no choppiness to it.

Maybe a setting to switch between the two could be introduced to the user settings menu?

Edited by Ultroman

FrostByte

Not sure if it can be done, but if the white border was more of a white background behind the highlighted poster then you wouldn't have that weird look in the corners with CA

I believe chess also brought up the possibility of doing just a white line underneath

• Like 2

Time for a dose of pragmatism. We've had a good play with groovy CSS3 opportunities that ending D-Series support offers us, but we've quickly found that when combined with the higher resolution the Samsung platform is just not man enough.

This beta removed much of what was slowing things down but still moving us forward in terms of visual style.

2.1.0c
Unselected items now dimmed.
Removed CSS transitions for fast movement while navigating.
Playlist page style updated.
A-Z keyboard style improved.

• Like 4

chessdragon136

Thanks @@cmcg - Looks great in emulator but wont have time to test on a real tv for a while now.

Just so others know, do you want to go into a bit more detail on the "Removed CSS Transitions?"

And finally, when suits you to merge in my changes into the code? I'm happy with image caching now and there's little more i can do to test it on my own. 

• Like 1

FrostByte

Loading it now.  Thanks for all your hard work and patience while listening to all of us complainers, especially me :)

• Like 1

FrostByte

Really like how you did the highlighting of the selected movie.  I think it moves a lot faster. It does repaint all posters when scrolling, but it displays them real quick.  The AZ page is much better, a lot easier to see.   Not sure, but the menu seems to pop out faster too.

• Like 1

FrostByte

I noticed the same dimming in movies and episodes isn't there when using old man posters (aka large posters).  Is that a bug I should write up, or done on purpose?

FrostByte

Yes, large view posters are dimmed.

Somethings wrong, because now I'm not getting the dimming either in large or smaller posters.  I'll try and figure it out

Edit: it's also not dimming on the main page like it did the first time I used the app

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Ok, installed it again and every time I close the app and restart I get the same thing that it doesn't dim the next time I restart the app.  Tried both my TV and HTS.  Will report back

FrostByte

It has something to do with saving my settings.  If I just start and close the app after installing it dims, but once I change my settings and restart the app no longer dims

FrostByte

Ok, when I got done playing a movie the app is dimming again.  Then when I went into settings and saved it stopped dimming again.  Something is toggling the dimming off and on.

CBers

2.1.0c

Unselected items now dimmed.

Removed CSS transitions for fast movement while navigating.

Playlist page style updated.

A-Z keyboard style improved.

Installed, but lost all settings.

Not a major issue, but can you add to the release notes each time this is required please.

CBers

Ok, installed it again and every time I close the app and restart I get the same thing that it doesn't dim the next time I restart the app. Tried both my TV and HTS. Will report back

I can't replicate your issue on my TV.

Dimming works no matter what I do, although I think the dim is too dim.

I personally still have issues where the audio drops out for a second every so often. It's not the video, as if I rewind, the audio plays. It's very random.

I think the dim is too dim.

I've carefully tuned this as I tend to agree with you. Any brighter and you start to lose the distinction.

CBers

I've carefully tuned this as I tend to agree with you. Any brighter and you start to lose the distinction.

So back to a border then :)

• Like 3

FrostByte

I can't replicate your issue on my TV.

Dimming works no matter what I do, although I think the dim is too dim.

I personally still have issues where the audio drops out for a second every so often. It's not the video, as if I rewind, the audio plays. It's very random.

It happens when I turn my tv off and restart the app.  Happens every time for me.  Both on my HTS and my TV

• Like 2

CBers

It happens when I turn my tv off and restart the app. Happens every time for me. Both on my HTS and my TV

Just turned TV off and on and I lost the dimming.

Actually, I prefer it like that, as the in-focus item is larger than the rest.

As you also say, if you go into an item's info page and return, dimming is functional again.

• Like 2

FrostByte

Ok, thanks.  I will write up a bug report then.  For some reason Edge isn't allowing me to paste into a new thread right now though and I really don't want to retype the whole thing :)

• Like 1

SilentAssassin

I've carefully tuned this as I tend to agree with you. Any brighter and you start to lose the distinction.

I like the amount of dimming, I think its about spot on, can really distinguish between the selected and unselected now.

The app does seem a lot more responsive now as well.

• Like 2

FrostByte

I prefer the way the app dims compared to the webclient.  The webclient dims the poster which has the focus which seems totally backward to what it should be.

I prefer the way the app dims compared to the webclient.  The webclient dims the poster which has the focus which seems totally backward to what it should be.

The web client doesn't do any dimming and it doesn't really have a concept of a focused item.

The web client doesn't do any dimming and it doesn't really have a concept of a focused item.

Yes, it's different when you're pointing at stuff with a mouse. Different problems to solve. Samsung have a pointing device we are considering but doing both might be a challenge.

• Like 2