Android Mobile

Redshirt

Anyone else experiences this: When I play a movie an tap on the screen to pause/forward it the overlay shows up, but does not disapear after a few seconds.... (!?)

EDIT: It seems to happen on the Samsung Tab3 we have, not the Tab2. Both devices have the latest versions installed (2.0.85).

Edited by 1972

James Nally

Does mirror content to device work with chromecast? Want to play on TV and mute sound then use headphones on phone so not to wake up wife but watch on big screen.

No, we both have the same issue. We both are unable to watch Live TV with HLS disabled. If you try it crashes the app.

Same issue here. In fact, sometimes it freezes my phone and only way to fix is take out battery or hard reboot.

Anyone else experiences this: When I play a movie an tap on the screen to pause/forward it the overlay shows up, but does not disapear after a few seconds.... (!?)

EDIT: It seems to happen on the Samsung Tab3 we have, not the Tab2. Both devices have the latest versions installed (2.0.85).

I have that same issues whilst watching movies/docos/TV shows/recorded TV these being;

a.When you fast forward a couple of times it starts back to the being of the video, but the counter remains at the last point in time i.e. 30:25...

b.If you try to go back, again it starts back at the beging of the movie, again the counter will not reset to 0:0.

c. The info screven will disapear the first time you touch the screen, but any other attempt it will remain on screen. The only way to clear it us to get info or pause and exit out and return.

d.Same issues as mentioned previously about FF / FR, but manualy moving the time line to a set point and restarting playback.

If you pause playback, and try to exit I sometimes get an app crash that requires a hard reboot.

This has appended on both of the following devices, both using app ver 2.0.85 and MB3 Server ver 3.0.5395.0;

Samsung Galaxy S5 Android version 4.4.2

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Android version 4.4.2

Edited by Damouav

fantaxp7

Any chance we'd see a Live TV icon under the library screen rather than having to go to the side menu? Or is that something we'd have to get done first on the server side?

Thanks

Guest t.mortonorr

Hi,

Just a quick post about a possible bug. As you can see in the attached screenshots. If you look at the details of recorded TV and it has a screencap then it messes with the info layout. It looks fine if there is no screen cap

post-6170-0-49407200-1413313681_thumb.png

post-6170-0-54512800-1413313693_thumb.png

• Like 2

blauter78

Great update!

Few things on my wishlist (seen discussed before):

1) Full grid EPG similar to web GUI so I can easily browse listings

2) Searchable EPG

3) Local sync

Keep up the good work.

Redshirt

Version 2.0.87 is now on it's way. It contains fixes to seeking and non-hls playback. The now-playing overlay will now vanish as expected for TV recordings just like it does for other media.

• Like 1

thefirstofthe300

Where are you resuming the video from? I can't reproduce the issue any more.

Also, are you playing with hls enabled or disabled?

I am attempting to resume a TV show from both the resume section on the home screen and also from the TV show section.

I do have HLS turned off as HLS is totally screwed up on 4.4.4 (running a Nexus 7).

I have rebooted the tablet since updating and I confirmed in Settings>About that the version is 2.0.87.

EDIT: This problem only seems to exist when HLS is disabled.  I enabled HLS and it works perfectly.

Edited by DaBungalow

thefirstofthe300

Updated to version 2.0.87 and I am still running into the problem regarding resume. If I attempt to resume a video, the progress bar starts at zero while the movie starts where it should.  It is rather annoying as the only workaround I have found is to use the progress bar to seek to where I should resume and the counter resets to the correct time.

Redshirt

Where are you resuming the video from? I can't reproduce the issue any more.

Also, are you playing with hls enabled or disabled?

Edited by Redshirt

TheShanMan

I don't get subtitles whether I pick them before playing the movie or while the movie is playing.

I also can't get the information display/player bar to go away during the movie. Once it shows, I can't figure out how to make it go away.

This subtitle problem still happens for me. The app thinks subtitles are selected (checkbox on the subtitle choice) but I don't get subtitles.

It's nice to see that the now-playing overlay goes away but it would also be nice if tapping the screen toggled the overlay rather than only showing it. If it's showing and I tap the screen, I would expect it to go away but it doesn't.

Also, screens commonly look like this when they first load and I have to wait for around 10 seconds for the screen to show what it's supposed to. If my server is being slow to respond, it should at least give some sort of "loading" indicator because I thought the app was crashing or broken or something.

Sorry for the size. I wish the forums would let me scale it down.

edit: snip...

Edited by Redshirt

Redshirt

I've changed the overlay so that it will hide when tapped. As for subtitles. I can't recreate. They work fine for me. I need to know what your clicking and where. Client/Server logs would help too.

• Like 1

I have the same issue. It goes to ready to play but when I hit play nothing happens. Been like this for two days. Will test with web client tomorrow.

Edit

Looks like they already confirmed issue with web client. So it's not an android problem.

Edited by Jasin

Sp3kt3r

I have chromecast issue now. Will connect and ready to cast but won't play anything. Thanks for all the work.

I have the same issue. It goes to ready to play but when I hit play nothing happens. Been like this for two days. Will test with web client tomorrow.

Edit

Looks like they already confirmed issue with web client. So it's not an android problem.

I do have the same problem and it's seems to be a broken feature from the MBS DEV release - Version 3.0.5400.37910.

Edited by Sp3kt3r
  • Like 1

TheShanMan

I've changed the overlay so that it will hide when tapped. As for subtitles. I can't recreate. They work fine for me. I need to know what your clicking and where. Client/Server logs would help too.

I'll try to get some logs for you.

Thanks for making it hide when tapped.

What about the problem where a page shows nothing but that little blue bar while it's trying to load the content?

toffee_123

I'm using v2.0.87. What happened to the movies view? I can only view my movies in the library view, which is showing the directory structure of my library. There's no way to display all my movies together?

Edited by toffee_123

• 2 weeks later...

Great! I've been able to cast (chromecast) recorded shows via android client better than ever in the past.  The app seems to be working well and stable.

One request at this point: add ability (used to be there) to list recorded shows by date recorded. 

Thanks, Jim :)

There seem to be issues related to subtitle handling and playback, HLS seems to handle the subtitles better than non HLS. Non HLS I can select subs and it thinks they are selected but nothing is playing back. HLS will play back "some" subs but not all. Could you tell me where the logs are kept on the android client device so I could find them and upload them along with the server logs, is there any particular portion of the server logs that would be more relevant than not? In addition playback of srt works fine under HLS for English language subtitles, can't seem to get Chinese language subs to playback in android or in mediabrowser theater but they playback with 0 issue from the web client. I can't get .ass subs to playback from any client no matter what I do, which I find strange since .ass should theoretically be easier to support from a transcoding perspective with HLS? Maybe I'm off there. Anyways if you can tell me exactly which logs would be helpful I can try and get the information to you. Thank you so much for ALL of the things you have done.

Also I have noticed an issue where the 'set played' tag is refreshing and shows that have already been watched are showing up again in the "next up" section. Not sure if I can provide any logs or screenshots to track down this issue?