Emby Theater

Luke

daedalus

We will be adding sorting soon and you'll be able to do that. thanks !

i hope not only sorting by date, but the "timeline" like year view will also come back?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
CarlosLima

Hello, Happy New Year everyone I've been using Emby Server for a long time, since 2013 and with it, I share my collections with friends. I've always used Emby Server just as a general scraper for movies, serials, concerts and music, but for playback in my home theater, I've always used kodi. It turns out that now I have chosen to use Emby Server as a video player (leaving the kodi just as a music player) and I was surprised to learn that there is no remote control application for it. So I did some research and found Unified Remote, but it does not work with Emby Server. That way, I discovered the Emby Theater and was able to customize a remote control for it.

Faced with this, there were doubts about the Emby Theater.

1. If Emby Server is also a video player, what is the reason for existing and using the Emby Theater? 2. Can ET interface be translated?

Edited by CarlosLima

Guest asrequested

Hello, Happy New Year everyone I've been using Emby Server for a long time, since 2013 and with it, I share my collections with friends. I've always used Emby Server just as a general scraper for movies, serials, concerts and music, but for playback in my home theater, I've always used kodi. It turns out that now I have chosen to use Emby Server as a video player (leaving the kodi just as a music player) and I was surprised to learn that there is no remote control application for it. So I did some research and found Unified Remote, but it does not work with Emby Server. That way, I discovered the Emby Theater and was able to customize a remote control for it.

Faced with this, there were doubts about the Emby Theater.

1. If Emby Server is also a video player, what is the reason for existing and using the Emby Theater? 2. Can ET interface be translated?

The server doesn't have a player, or are you referring to the web app? In which case you're using the browser's player. The server directs (serves) the media to the players. Kodi is self contained, with an internal player. There are many players for emby. Theater for windows desktop is the most capable of them. It supports just about everything, so it can play most things without the server having to transcode.

Have you looked in the settings at the display language?

Edited by Doofus
  • Like 1

CarlosLima

Hi, thanks for the comments. In Emby Server yes, translations and various settings, but in the Emby Theater, in Settings I do not see how to translate the interface, which is in English in ET and would like to have in Portuguese, as I have in ES. In Emby Server, I open the Configure the Server by the shortcut next to the Windows clock from there I can play, so I understand that this makes it a player as well. I reproduce on the same machine that is installed the Emby Server and inside the Emby itself, so I do not understand this of web application. I take it to ask about starting the ET using the Windows + 1 key, because on the keyboard it works, on the remote control, no.

Guest asrequested

Hi, thanks for the comments. In Emby Server yes, translations and various settings, but in the Emby Theater, in Settings I do not see how to translate the interface, which is in English in ET and would like to have in Portuguese, as I have in ES. In Emby Server, I open the Configure the Server by the shortcut next to the Windows clock from there I can play, so I understand that this makes it a player as well. I reproduce on the same machine that is installed the Emby Server and inside the Emby itself, so I do not understand this of web application. I take it to ask about starting the ET using the Windows + 1 key, because on the keyboard it works, on the remote control, no.

5a4937ec33645_Snapshot_385.jpg

5a49380607496_Snapshot_386.jpg

CarlosLima

Hello, I'm sorry, it was my lack of attention, I thought this setting was for the audio language, now yes, it's in my language, very grateful. Just a question / suggestion: When pausing the movie, is it possible to display information on the screen, such as synopsis etc? This would be greatly appreciated.

CarlosLima

Para usuários do Emby Theatre, eu recomendo o aplicativo Unified Remote, que permite controlar o ET em Android ou iOS.

post-26813-0-75532800-1514760348_thumb.png

Edited by CarlosLima

CarlosLima

With ET as the number 1 on the taskbar, on the keyboard, Windows + 1 starts, but on the remote, it does not. Does anyone know the reason?

5a496b68b7ab2_Capturar.jpg

Edited by CarlosLima

AdrianW

With ET as the number 1 on the taskbar, on the keyboard, Windows + 1 starts, but on the remote, it does not. Does anyone know the reason?

It should. I do the same thing with my Harmony remote - I have ET as the second icon and sending Win+2 from the remote opens ET.

• Like 1

CarlosLima
friend's tips @@SHSPVR were very useful for creating the remote control, using the Unified Remote, available for all platforms and, in fact, it is very simple and fast to control the Emby Theater with your smartphone or tablet.

The application allows for various customizations in the creation of remote controls; icons, texts, background colors, standard icons can be replaced with images, etc.

I did the check in a matter of hours and I can share the file for those interested.

The end result is in the images. I have removed some buttons because I do not use Emby, playback and live TV or songs.

post-26813-0-55694500-1514849963_thumb.png

post-26813-0-07607600-1514849979_thumb.png

Edited by CarlosLima
  • Like 1

CarlosLima

I started using ET as a player for my movies and TV series and created this Android remote. To close Emby Theater, I'm using commands that call the "Alt" + "F4" keys and works fine, but my question is whether this action can be used or is detrimental to the system, as I realized that the closure is totally gross and maybe the ET needs to be closed by the normal button, so there will be time to save something.

In Kodi, the gross closure is pretty bad for the system. Thank you.

Edited by CarlosLima

swhitmore

friend's tips @@SHSPVR were very useful for creating the remote control, using the Unified Remote, available for all platforms and, in fact, it is very simple and fast to control the Emby Theater with your smartphone or tablet.
The application allows for various customizations in the creation of remote controls; icons, texts, background colors, standard icons can be replaced with images, etc.
I did the check in a matter of hours and I can share the file for those interested.
The end result is in the images. I have removed some buttons because I do not use Emby, playback and live TV or songs.

Thanks mate. I also used Unified Remote. Could I please test out your file?

• Like 1

CarlosLima

Thanks mate. I also used Unified Remote. Could I please test out your file?

Is there friend, sorry for the delay. I can't attach file here.

Link em meu drive: https://goo.gl/y6q74v

Edited by CarlosLima

• 1 month later...

Emby Theater now has sorting, filtering, and view settings on just about every screen. You can now enjoy:

• Sort order remembered
  • Filters remembered
  • Choose between poster view and list view
  • In poster view you can choose the image you want to use (primary, thumb, etc)
  • You can even hide the title underneath posters if you want

Enjoy.

• Like 4

Starlionblue

Emby Theater now has sorting, filtering, and view settings on just about every screen. You can now enjoy:

• Sort order remembered
  • Filters remembered
  • Choose between poster view and list view
  • In poster view you can choose the image you want to use (primary, thumb, etc)
  • You can even hide the title underneath posters if you want

Enjoy.

Has this been rolled out? I downloaded ET again and didn't see any differences.