Emby Theater

Luke

JoshuaAJones

2.9.6 is great so far.

I've had no stuttering during playback, REW/FF work a lot quicker, and the menus seem to pop up a little quicker (that's saying a lot with 5200+ movies).

I do still wish that the filters worked as well and quickly as on the Android app but, hey, playback is definitely moving in a good direction.

Thanks for all the work!

Am0kSepp

Hey, i love the Emby Theater, in my point of view better than Kodi with emby plugin.

I just want to have one more Feature: Please add the reboot function :) currently you only have shutdown, than i always need to stand up and boot my nuc manually. That would be great!!!

All other functions working well, the Trailer function should get the trailer from the old trailer database....some youtube trailers which are linked over nfo from movie db are very bad quality, Lord of the Rings for example.

These are the only things from my site right now.

AdrianW

Please add the reboot function :) currently you only have shutdown, than i always need to stand up and boot my nuc manually. 

I have "Abort" on my harmony remote (it sends Alt-F4). So, after exiting ET back to the desktop, pressing abort brings up the Windows Shutdown dialog - just cursor up/down to "restart" and press OK.

I'd still like the ability to remove all those superfluous options from ET (select server, shutdown, sleep) I don't want them and it's easy to accidentally select sleep instead of logout.

mrfaulk

I have "Abort" on my harmony remote (it sends Alt-F4). So, after exiting ET back to the desktop, pressing abort brings up the Windows Shutdown dialog - just cursor up/down to "restart" and press OK.

I'd still like the ability to remove all those superfluous options from ET (select server, shutdown, sleep) I don't want them and it's easy to accidentally select sleep instead of logout.

i actually shutdown my entire pc system, that had a lot of important, unsaved work open, when i first played around with kodi, i selected "shutdown" assuming it referred to shutting down kodi, man i was pizzed, but i've come to learn that some folks use media centers as their only os environment, so when they want to "shutdown" they want to shutdown their system, altho i can't imagine ever wanting that...

if we're asking for features, and maybe it already exists and i haven't noticed it yet, i'd like to have access to apps when emby so that i could bypass the shield's gui completely...

• Like 1

Starlionblue

If I may piggyback on the request, the options to remove options should be user dependent, as in as a parent I'd like my kids not to have shutdown and so forth.

• Like 1

Starlionblue

You can set the NUC to start even after Windows shutdown by setting the sleep state to S5 in BIOS. In this state, the PC responds to an IR "power on" command (and pressing the power button).

You can read more about power configuration on this site.

Hey, i love the Emby Theater, in my point of view better than Kodi with emby plugin.

I just want to have one more Feature: Please add the reboot function :) currently you only have shutdown, than i always need to stand up and boot my nuc manually. That would be great!!!

All other functions working well, the Trailer function should get the trailer from the old trailer database....some youtube trailers which are linked over nfo from movie db are very bad quality, Lord of the Rings for example.

These are the only things from my site right now.

Restart would indeed be nice. However if you have a remote, you can get a Windows "one button restart" rather easily:

• Make a batch file with the "shutdown -r -t 5" (shutdown after 5 seconds and restart).
  • Make a shortcut to the batchfile and place it in the Taskbar.
  • Make a command on the remote that triggers "Win + x" where x is the position of the shortcut in the Taskbar.
Edited by Starlionblue

Just curious - why do you need to reboot the machine from the app?

Starlionblue

Just curious - why do you need to reboot the machine from the app?

Just to be clear, I don't know why Am0kSepp wants it and I cannot speak for she/he.

In my case it's because my kids and wife use the app. Reboot is an easy way to get back to a "known state".

Edited by Starlionblue

Am0kSepp

I have an intel nuc runnning win 10. I have seen the function to shutdown the pc. Thats okay, but sometimes i just want to reboot und than i have that problem what i discribed. Its nice to have. I just thought why should i build scrpts and things like that when the software developer can easylie add that feature because shutdown is allready there and they just need to increase that feature :)

• Like 1

The next update to the Emby Theater Windows Store app will have Wake on LAN. You'll be able to wake a server from the server selection screen. Just click on a server as usual, and you'll see "Wake On LAN" as one of the options in the menu for that server.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

infinitereality

I'm not finding a definite answer, but maybe I'm missing it.  On Emby for WMC, I had my Harmony remote button setup to do the zoom function (thru a generic IR WMC receiver) so I can ditch the black bars even though it skews the video.  It doesn't work on Theater and for the life of me I can't find where or how to zoom.  Is it available for Theater?

infinitereality

We haven't added that yet, thanks.

Makes sense why I can't find it then.  Looking forward to it being added in the future, thanks!

Diedrich

Request: New display mode - TV Vertical

TV Vertical would be identical to the web view but in a 10-foot UI for a TV (as in the current TV display mode). Some users don't use a remote for left/right scrolling and attempting to do so on a keyboard, trackpad, or mouse is cumbersome.

Diedrich

@@Diedrich have you explored the settings in the app?

Yes, and all three views were horizontal. Unless there was some refreshing that did not occur, I'll try them again with a software exit and restart.

AdrianW

Yes, and all three views were horizontal. Unless there was some refreshing that did not occur, I'll try them again with a software exit and restart.

Look under Settings > General > Display > TV mode home screen (and don't forget to exit and restart).

Note for @@Luke - when I opened Display settings, the text box directly under "TV mode home screen" was blank - it only changed to "Vertical" or "Horizontal" after I selected one of them. That would make the option hard to find initially.

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 1

Diedrich

The only thing that I feel could be improved is the login screen. I don't want/need to show my parents' profile picture, nor my mother-in-law's. It would be great if they were hidden and then could be easily accessed if they DID happen to visit.

Also, square off the pictures like the web client; it just feels a bit dated.

Edited by Diedrich