Emby Theater

Luke

Has anyone else had trouble exiting out from the homescreen to the options menu (where you can choose settings, exit, sign-out, etc) by pressing exit on your remote?

Takes ages before anything happens (if it happens at all). Just now I had to resort to clicking the user icon at the top right.

Yes I have. It seems to have just started recently.

I hadn't got as far as Mobius with editing out the colour in ET but agree with him that it doesn't fit with the clean look of the rest of Emby. Is there any possibility of having the colour stuff removed at some point in the future? Or an option to have colour or what Mobius shows in his screenshots?

Also Mobius how much effort is it to edit the colour out using the windowsstyle.css file?

Thanks for all the great work you do with Emby.

First thanks for the latest update to 2.9.7. Always appreciate the work involved
That aside; the latest update has removed my ability to customise ET to my liking.

I've been customising certain elements of ET using the 'windowstyle.css' file. It has now been removed and is no longer recognised if I add it back.

Among other edits; I remove the 'tutti-fruity' colouring (See screenshots below), which I find 'cheapens' the look of the Emby-Theater app and for me makes it irritating to look at.

Is it possible to re-include the windowsstyles.css so that I can once again customise the interface to my liking?

More than happy to make a $30USD donation, or more if you feel it is warranted, to give me back the ability to remove the colour.

Personally, having the choice of whether you want the colour or not would make a great option under settings in my opinion.

Sorry to rant on a bit, but I must emphasis that I really find the colouring ugly and it distracts from an otherwise very professional and clean looking interface.

Cheers. :)

5a9fe4604edcf_EmbylayoutBeforeandafter29

5a9fe4a592a4e_EmbylayoutBeforeandafter29

• Like 1

denz

If you choose very dark theme then there will not be colour cards.

Edited by denz

denz

If you choose very dark theme then you will not have coloured cards I actually like the colour

I thought mine was set to very dark theme but I still have them but I will check tonight and report back.

Thank you for the response.

If you choose very dark theme then you will not have coloured cards I actually like the colour

I have tested it on a new install of ET on my laptop and set to Very Dark theme I still have coloured cards for missing actors and coloured settings icons.

I will make a new thread about this and another ET display question I have.

denz

I just tried it to change it to very dark but it is not displaying very dark theme but it is not horizontal theme any more. 

denz

It seems changing it to very dark makes no difference to colour tiles it worked last Sunday when I tried it but doesn't work any more. 

Mobius

Also Mobius how much effort is it to edit the colour out using the windowsstyle.css file?

Hi Lid,

Unfortunately the windowsstyle.css file has been removed and ignored (if you add it back) as of version 2.9.7, so you would have to download 2.9.6.  (Which means of course, no more updates, bug fixes etc).

The edit for transparent cards etc, is just a line of code so a simple cut and paste and your done. You'll also want to disable future updates.

If your still interested; just PM me and I'll send you a quick guide on how to go about it. (It will also help to revert it all back if need be).

I intend to put in a feature request anyway for the option to adjust the transparency of cards etc for future releases. This would help staff decide whether enough people are interested to warrant their time.

Having said that; I assume the staff are are very busy with so many other aspects of Emby and such a feature is likely to be very low priority, which is why I haven't bothered to make a separate post on it yet.

Cheers :)

UPDATE

I see 2.9.9 is out and the windowsstyle.css file is back - Much appreciated.  :)

Edited by Mobius

kikinjo

Missing back arrow, Episode 2

ET 2.9.6, Windows 10, Horizontal

Reproduce:

TV -> All -> Upcoming,  click on series u have downloaded there is back arrow, select upcoming episode that is not in library, no back arrow.

cheers

Edited by kikinjo

Missing back arrow, Episode 2

ET 2.9.6, Windows 10, Horizontal

Reproduce:

TV -> All -> Upcoming,  click on series u have downloaded there is back arrow, select upcoming episode that is not in library, no back arrow.

cheers

Trying to reproduce. How are you going from upcoming to a series? 

Mobius

Hey Luke

Just tried out 2.9.9 and so far it plays perfectly. Could be just me, but it also seems to bit more responsive as in it is very snappy when navigating and loading images over my wireless LAN.

I see the windowstyle.css is also back. Many thanks. :)

A number of hacks were required to make it possible. Removing those hacks improves the experience of the default player, but makes madvr no longer possible. I would suggest using mpc-be as an external player.

mrfaulk

are there any major differences in terms of performance or features between the emby theater web client, the pc desktop version and/or the android tv version? for some reason i'm really liking the web client vs the apps, whether using my pc or android tv (shield tv).... i'm guessing i might run into some problems using my shield tv remote control when i use the web client from my android tv?

right now i've been playing around with css-ing the web client, which doesn't seem to stick to my pc et app but the changes do stick to my android web client... also, the windowed feature in the pc app doesn't seem to work, i can minimize and close the app using the icons in the upper right corner, but the window resizing box doesn't seem to have any effect.

i'm really hoping that the shield remote can work at least somewhat with the web client from my android tv box, given i found i found a great app that allows you to save the web client (and any other website) to the android home page, and it also launches the shortcut as an app, with no url bar, as a standalone app vs a browser tab.

Edited by mrfaulk

mrfaulk

The shield remote will work with the web version of emby theater

Http://tv.emby.media

well that's some great news, thanks for letting me know, can't wait to get in front of my gear and give this all a spin, have been setting up emby remotely... so is there anything thing the emby android tv app can do that the web client can't? thanks again!

mrfaulk

If you're happy with it then no.

much prefer the web client, but i like the app too, as such if the app offered better streaming performance i would just assume go with the app, but if they're the same i'd definitely go with the wc...

infinitereality

Anyone here using Logitech Harmony remote with their HTPC? One thing I can't figure out is when I hit the off button and come back to turn it back on, Emby is only a window (in the upper left corner) and not full screen like I left it. Changing activities, everything is all good. I've double checked my Harmony settings to make sure it's not doing anything different turning off everything vs just changing activities and all is good. I also have it disabled from switching off the HTPC totally as I leave it running 24/7. When I had Win7 with Emby MCE, never had this problem. Also my Win10 doesn't go in stand by mode, turn off the monitor, etc. I assume it's something to do with Win10, but I'm at a loss with this one and wanted to post to ask if anyone has any ideas?

Also did the overall Emby theme change in the last couple of weeks with an update? I looked back a few pages didn't see anyone mentioning it. I rebooted the computer a week or 2 ago and upon reboot, saw it changed verus way it was. I sort of prefer the previous look since I was getting use to it, but the new one is okay...just wanted to ask if maybe there's an option I'm missing to go back to the previous theme?

Thanks for any advice and help!!

As far as the theme goes, yes, explore the display settings in the app to choose between the vertical and horizontal home screens.

• Like 1