Emby Theater

Luke

swhitmore

I would assume no, kinda defeats the purpose.  Just remove the password.

Not really. A lot of people want a password because they are opening ports to use MB3 externally. It's on every other client. Luke has said that Auto Login is coming though.

• Like 1

So after understanding the importance of reclock while staring at mpc-hc osd and noticing eventually a small microstutter and repeated frames racking up i want to resend my feature request to replace reclock for internal wasapi i made yesterday in this forum, unless luke is able to build his own reclock internally into mbt somehow which would probably be a huge undertaking.

With that said now that i worked out the kinks in reclock, what can we do about the video backdrop audio dropout due to reclock syncing?

Following media browser theater suggestion i purchased the backdrops and they are incredible, but the issue remains if we are to use reclock to remove microstutter, the audio drops out when browsing movies and when the video backdrop plays....this is quite a concern and quite annoying as i browse movies and the backdrop plays, the audio constantly drops at the start so reclock can sync the audio.

I dont know what can be done about it though. Can we somehow block reclock from being activated when backdrops play? And only activate when MBT internal video player is active? Can this be accomplished somehow?

• Like 1

I personally am amazed that we have decided to go with the re-clock option.. I believe we are fixing a problem with a mistake.. Re-clock is a great tool for power users and for those that get their stuff from al over the web, but if you rip the movies correctly you should not need re-clock or similar utilities.

Having said that, re-clock is in MBT as a option ( I tried it but it runs to much interference) and since MBT still uses external codecs, there maybe room for other choices..

It all depends on what you are doing. If you are doing frame rate switching it is best to do the pulldown at the source rather than on your TV/Projector. ReClock can help stop motion judder and audio sync issues in this regard. Having said that if you are using madVR with Smooth Motion Frame Rate Changer (SMFRC) enabled then there is no need for ReClock as it multiplies the source frame rate out to "infinity" and then divides it back into the display frame rate. 

Having the option to use both madVR and ReClock doesn't make a lot of sense to me but I have a powerful enough GPU to use madVR and take the workload off the CPU. If your machine is that low speck that madVR is not an option then there is an advantage is using ReClock.

Edited by cylon
  • Like 1

Following media browser theater suggestion i purchased the backdrops and they are incredible, but the issue remains if we are to use reclock to remove microstutter, the audio drops out when browsing movies and when the video backdrop plays....this is quite a concern and quite annoying as i browse movies and the backdrop plays, the audio constantly drops at the start so reclock can sync the audio.

I personally am amazed that we have decided to go with the re-clock option.. I believe we are fixing a problem with a mistake.. Re-clock is a great tool for power users and for those that get their stuff from al over the web, but if you rip the movies correctly you should not need re-clock or similar utilities.

Having said that, re-clock is in MBT as a option ( I tried it but it runs to much interference) and since MBT still uses external codecs, there maybe room for other choices..

joshstix

I have a question about expected behaviour with MBT.  Should MBT be able to continue to play a video file that is already started if the MB server is restarted for the install of an update etc?  I expect it to but in my situation it gives an error that kills the player as soon as it is responded to.

yardameus

Not really. A lot of people want a password because they are opening ports to use MB3 externally. It's on every other client. Luke has said that Auto Login is coming though.

I was thinking along the lines of multiple users (parental controls).  What you said makes sense though.

Isn't the smooth motion in madvr for playing back 23.976 bluray content at 60hz for example for tv's that cant do 23.976?

And i thought it was to be avoided if your tv can do 23.976? And 50hz, and 60hz, and most refresh rates?

The problem for me is ati systems or nvidia i dont believe can do exactly 23.976, and hence the occasional microstutter....

Not a big fan of reclock but unless luke would be able to do something internally like reclock with wasapi and syncing i dont think we have much choice. It is a big problem that video backdrops are a huge part of mbt presentation and reclock basically causes audio to drop whenever they load however. 

Also as someone who rips 1:1 blurays with a projector i dont  know if its an option im eager to use?

From madashi 

"23-25fps -> 60Hz: minimal sharpness loss, nearly invisible

24fps -> 24Hz: visible sharpness loss
60fps -> 24Hz: very noticeable sharpness loss"

Edited by Ghostm

May i also ask who is working on mbt? Its such a great player with so much potential, but alot to be done yet, is it really just luke basically working on this?

I hope he can get some help in this.....I cant imagine the work he has to put in.... the sooner i can finally switch from xbmc for good. I wish i knew more and could help, but instead I will just donate. 

I know he said server comes first, but mbt has so much potential yet with some work and kinks to be ironed out i think if he has enough support working on it, it can be an incredible solution for htpc users  within months. 

Edited by Ghostm

i have another developer who has just started, and another guy from doom9 helping out with the video player. but i need another wpf developer. so any recruiting help would be welcome.

• Like 1

"23-25fps -> 60Hz: minimal sharpness loss, nearly invisible

24fps -> 24Hz: visible sharpness loss

60fps -> 24Hz: very noticeable sharpness loss"

Yeah, I read that too when I started testing SMFRC. I also have 1:1 Blu-ray copies; my HTPC is outputting to my projector at 60Hz and I have SMFRC turned on permanently. So I am in the 23-25fps -> 60Hz boat. I have always hated jitter but I hate smooth motion even more so I was sceptical that SMFRC would be a solution to all my problems. But after many hours of watching multiple types of content I can honestly say that I love it. Picture quality is as good as it has always been and motion is fantastic, I have had friends ask how I have managed to get motion flow working without it being distracting.

I am sure the 23-25fps purists are cringing as they read this but I suggest you give it a go.

Edited by cylon

madfloyd

My understanding is that reclock prevents bitstreaming of high rez audio tracks.  Is this correct? If so, why would anyone use it?

Our new contributor has just implemented auto-login, so i've moved that to the done list. it's not going to go public right away but rest assured the wheels are moving a little faster now with an extra set of hands.

• Like 7

joshstix

Great to hear you are getting help on this, the work you've already done is brilliant and I'm sure it will get even better with you having a team to work on it now.

kamakamadaun

Maximixing/minimizing the windows I got this:

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MediaBrowser.Theater.DirectShow.DirectShowPlayer.SetAspectRatio(Nullable`1 ratio, Boolean setVideoWindow)
   at MediaBrowser.Theater.DirectShow.DirectShowPlayer._hiddenWindow_SizeChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at MediaBrowser.UI.HiddenForm.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18052 built by: FX45RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MediaBrowser.UI
    Assembly Version: 3.0.5086.905
    Win32 Version: 3.0.5086.905
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/no_name_here/AppData/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Theater/system/MediaBrowser.UI.exe
PresentationFramework
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18060
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.dll
WindowsBase
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18060 built by: FX45RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18044 built by: FX45RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
PresentationCore
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
System.Xaml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18015 built by: FX45RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xaml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xaml.dll
MediaBrowser.Theater.Implementations
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/no_name_here/AppData/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Theater/system/MediaBrowser.Theater.Implementations.DLL
MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations
    Assembly Version: 3.0.5083.366
    Win32 Version: 3.0.5083.366
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/no_name_here/AppData/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Theater/system/MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.DLL
MediaBrowser.Common
    Assembly Version: 3.0.5083.366
    Win32 Version: 3.0.5083.366
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/no_name_here/AppData/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Theater/system/MediaBrowser.Common.DLL
MediaBrowser.Model
    Assembly Version: 3.0.5083.365
    Win32 Version: 3.0.5083.365
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/no_name_here/AppData/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Theater/system/MediaBrowser.Model.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
NLog
    Assembly Version: 2.1.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/no_name_here/AppData/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Theater/system/NLog.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18047 built by: FX45RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18021 built by: FX45RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.ServiceModel
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18055 built by: FX45RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceModel/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.ServiceModel.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18047 built by: FX45RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18055 built by: FX45RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
MediaBrowser.Theater.Presentation
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/no_name_here/AppData/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Theater/system/MediaBrowser.Theater.Presentation.DLL
PresentationFramework.Aero
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework.Aero/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.Aero.dll
MediaBrowser.Theater.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/no_name_here/AppData/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Theater/system/MediaBrowser.Theater.Core.DLL
MediaBrowser.Theater.Interfaces
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/no_name_here/AppData/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Theater/system/MediaBrowser.Theater.Interfaces.DLL
SimpleInjector
    Assembly Version: 2.3.6.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/no_name_here/AppData/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Theater/system/SimpleInjector.DLL
ServiceStack.Text
    Assembly Version: 3.9.70.0
    Win32 Version: 3.9.70.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/no_name_here/AppData/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Theater/system/ServiceStack.Text.DLL
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
MediaBrowser.Plugins.DefaultTheme
    Assembly Version: 3.0.5086.904
    Win32 Version: 3.0.5086.904
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/no_name_here/AppData/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Theater/system/MediaBrowser.Plugins.DefaultTheme.DLL
MediaBrowser.IsoMounter
    Assembly Version: 1.0.5079.1480
    Win32 Version: 1.0.5079.1480
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/no_name_here/AppData/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Theater/system/MediaBrowser.IsoMounter.DLL
MediaBrowser.Theater.DirectShow
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/no_name_here/AppData/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Theater/system/MediaBrowser.Theater.DirectShow.DLL
DirectShowLib-2005
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/no_name_here/AppData/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Theater/system/DirectShowLib-2005.DLL
pfmclrapi
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/no_name_here/AppData/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Theater/system/pfmclrapi.DLL
MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction
    Assembly Version: 3.0.5083.604
    Win32 Version: 3.0.5083.604
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/no_name_here/AppData/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Theater/system/MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.DLL
System.Net.Http
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Net.Http/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Net.Http.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18052 built by: FX45RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
SimpleInjector.Compiled_1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/no_name_here/AppData/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Theater/system/SimpleInjector.dll
Microsoft.Expression.Interactions
    Win32 Version: 2.0.20525.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/no_name_here/AppData/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Theater/system/Microsoft.Expression.Interactions.DLL
Microsoft.Expression.Effects
    Win32 Version: 2.0.20525.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/no_name_here/AppData/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Theater/system/Microsoft.Expression.Effects.DLL
PresentationFramework-SystemXml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework-SystemXml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/PresentationFramework-SystemXml.dll
UIAutomationTypes
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/UIAutomationTypes/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/UIAutomationTypes.dll
PresentationFramework-SystemCore
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework-SystemCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/PresentationFramework-SystemCore.dll
CoreAudioApi
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/no_name_here/AppData/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Theater/system/CoreAudioApi.DLL
System.Data.Linq
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18060
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.Linq.dll
WebSocket4Net
    Assembly Version: 0.8.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.8.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/no_name_here/AppData/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Theater/system/WebSocket4Net.DLL
WindowsFormsIntegration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsFormsIntegration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsFormsIntegration.dll
PresentationFramework-SystemData
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework-SystemData/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/PresentationFramework-SystemData.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
Hyper.ComponentModel.dynamic
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/no_name_here/AppData/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Theater/system/MediaBrowser.Theater.Interfaces.dll
System.Deployment
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
MediaFoundation
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/no_name_here/AppData/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Theater/system/MediaFoundation.DLL
UIAutomationProvider
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/UIAutomationProvider/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/UIAutomationProvider.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Also playback of WTV files is choppy.

edit: seems it was not just WTV files. I cannot isolate the issue to something specific. Some files are fine. For others the video stutters.

Edited by kamakamadaun

Pirlo1966

My understanding is that reclock prevents bitstreaming of high rez audio tracks.  Is this correct? If so, why would anyone use it?

Not correct. You can bitsream but it is just not recommended. Anyways, reclock outputs PCM (HD audio). There is as far as I know no reason why one would like to bitstream.

Pirlo1966

It all depends on what you are doing. If you are doing frame rate switching it is best to do the pulldown at the source rather than on your TV/Projector. ReClock can help stop motion judder and audio sync issues in this regard. Having said that if you are using madVR with Smooth Motion Frame Rate Changer (SMFRC) enabled then there is no need for ReClock as it multiplies the source frame rate out to "infinity" and then divides it back into the display frame rate. 

Having the option to use both madVR and ReClock doesn't make a lot of sense to me but I have a powerful enough GPU to use madVR and take the workload off the CPU. If your machine is that low speck that madVR is not an option then there is an advantage is using ReClock.

In Europe most DVD's are 25fps. Video and audio are speeded up with 4% vs the original source of 24fps. Therefore Bruce Willis sounds like a little girl. What reclock does is readapting the 25fps into 24fps. Bruce Willis sounds like Bruce Willis again. 

OK, I need to know what settings all you "Yes" people are using. :D  I'm still getting severe tearing with the MBT internal player. All other players on my HTPC play perfectly. (MPC-HC, ZP, VLC, TMT5, XBMC)

Edited by pagali

Here is my setup: HTPCs are very similar. i3 CPUs, 4GB ram and Nvidia chip pci-e video cards (GT430, GT620). 2 are wired Gigabit and one is wireless N. All 3 are virgin windows 8.1 with standard MBT installation (LAV filters). Also installed the most current nvidia drivers.

The server is an i7 with 16GB ram and wired Ethernet. Storage is a mix if seagate HD's and WD Red drives through a LSI card.

All play 1080p blu-rays without any hesitation through MBT or the Web Browser (transcoding still at 1080p).

The only settings I changed in LAV is for bit-streaming to the stereo and enable NVIDIA CUVID. The rest is left at default.