[Dev] EmbyTV a livetv client for Network Tuners (HDHomerun at the moment)

jose

oldschool

Yes - I have 3 tuners in our house listed now, and all of them show up like that when I click on the tuner name in the list.

mediacowboy

Does your config look similiar to this?

-<TunerHostsConfiguration>
     -<TunerUserConfiguration>
          <ServerId>HDHR3-CC-1314B677</ServerId>
          <ServerType>HdHomeRun</ServerType>
         -<UserFields>
              -<UserField>
                   <Name>Url</Name>
                   <Value>192.168.6.120</Value>
               </UserField>
         -<UserField>
              <Name>OnlyFavorites</Name>
              <Value>false</Value>
          </UserField>
       </UserFields>
</TunerUserConfiguration>

oldschool

Biggest issue I'm having when configuring this plugin is that any errors that the server encounters actually stop the server from starting. Is there any way to add some try/catch to the programming so the server can come up even though the plugin might fail? Then we can go in and reconfigure and try to restart the server instead of manually editing the XML files every time?

BTW - I'm thinking I'm having a socket error and need to restart my server, so my problem might not be related to this plugin.

Edited by oldschool

oldschool

Been trying to get this up and running. I now have the guide working, but whenever I try to play a Live TV channel, it starts up, plays for about one second, and then freezes.  Getting this in the transcode log:

--enable-libxvid --enable-lzma --enable-decklink --enable-zlib
  libavutil      54. 21.100 / 54. 21.100
  libavcodec     56. 32.100 / 56. 32.100
  libavformat    56. 27.100 / 56. 27.100
  libavdevice    56.  4.100 / 56.  4.100
  libavfilter     5. 13.101 /  5. 13.101
  libswscale      3.  1.101 /  3.  1.101
  libswresample   1.  1.100 /  1.  1.100
  libpostproc    53.  3.100 / 53.  3.100
[mpeg2video @ 0000000002caf920] Invalid frame dimensions 0x0.
    Last message repeated 1 times
Input #0, mpegts, from 'http://192.168.1.106:5004/auto/v1005':
  Duration: N/A, start: 55070.466900, bitrate: N/A

server-63569628844.zip

mediacowboy

Been trying to get this up and running. I now have the guide working, but whenever I try to play a Live TV channel, it starts up, plays for about one second, and then freezes.  Getting this in the transcode log:

--enable-libxvid --enable-lzma --enable-decklink --enable-zlib
  libavutil      54. 21.100 / 54. 21.100
  libavcodec     56. 32.100 / 56. 32.100
  libavformat    56. 27.100 / 56. 27.100
  libavdevice    56.  4.100 / 56.  4.100
  libavfilter     5. 13.101 /  5. 13.101
  libswscale      3.  1.101 /  3.  1.101
  libswresample   1.  1.100 /  1.  1.100
  libpostproc    53.  3.100 / 53.  3.100
[mpeg2video @ 0000000002caf920] Invalid frame dimensions 0x0.
    Last message repeated 1 times
Input #0, mpegts, from 'http://192.168.1.106:5004/auto/v1005':
  Duration: N/A, start: 55070.466900, bitrate: N/A

A developer will have to look at your logs. Do other channels work?

oldschool

A developer will have to look at your logs. Do other channels work?

All of them do the same thing. They play the first second or two and then freeze.

mediacowboy

Just a quick look at your logs I can only guess but this may be the issue. It looks like it doesn't know which profile to use to stream. I know it is going to be asked but what server version are you on and emby plugin verision.

2015-06-11 14:25:54.1421 Debug - App: Profile: Unknown Profile, Path: http://192.168.1.106:5004/auto/v1005, isEligibleForDirectPlay: False, isEligibleForDirectStream: False

oldschool

Just a quick look at your logs I can only guess but this may be the issue. It looks like it doesn't know which profile to use to stream. I know it is going to be asked but what server version are you on and emby plugin verision.

2015-06-11 14:25:54.1421 Debug - App: Profile: Unknown Profile, Path: http://192.168.1.106:5004/auto/v1005, isEligibleForDirectPlay: False, isEligibleForDirectStream: False

I'm not sure what that means. I have about four accounts I use on this box. The one I normally use is through Emby Connect.

I'm now on server Version 3.0.5641.1

Emby TV version 0.10.5.0

Ever since I installed Emby TV, whenever I shut down my server and try to restart, there's a problem with the http bindings.

2015-06-11 21:56:53.0606 Error - ServerManager: The http server is unable to start due to a Socket error. This can occasionally happen when the operating system takes longer than usual to release the IP bindings from the previous session. This can take up to five minutes. Please try waiting or rebooting the system.

I tried to start a Live TV feed using two different accounts on the server. The first one is the one connecting through Emby Connect (but still on the local lan). The other was just a normal account on the system. Both times it did the same thing - played 1 second of the video and then froze the audio and video.

Logs attached.

server-63569656606.zip

transcode-d4e26d70-fc5d-41b9-9a32-a9d8654503e2.zip

Erik

On the latest Emby Beta (Version 3.0.5641.1) when you go into plugins -> EmbyTY nothing happens. Tried it with Laptop Browser IE11 and IPhone5 Safari, it seems to just get stuck in the plugins page. A page refresh seems to unstick the page, but I have been unable to enter the settings of the plugin.

jasonmcroy

I haven't tried to use Emby TV for a while until I noticed tonight there was a Release version. However, I am seeing the same issue as the above poster on not being able to get into the settings at first. However, closing the browser, then going back into the plugin I was able to get to the settings page. However, as soon as I enter my Schedules Direct info and hit save it crashes the server with the unable to connect exception warning.

I am on Emby verison 3.0.5641.1 and plugin version 0.10.5.0.

Here are the logs: server-63569768770.txt

And I noticed there is a different looking log than I normally see - I attached it in case it's useful:

unhandled_a4fd53bc-129d-4e44-b284-9e62603995c1.txt

just discovered this and am very excited! I let my schedules direct account expire this year in favor of the silicondust PVR that just completed on kickstarter. In the interim I am using the donor version of mc2xml. Would love to be able to use the xmltv.xml output to test this with. 

Looking at http://mc2xml.hosterbox.net/

mc2xml is a small and fast standalone command line program for Windows/Linux/OSX that downloads media center, titantv, or schedules direct tv listings and outputs an XMLTV formatted (xmltv.dtd) .xml file.

Support for xmltv is planned just not implemented yet

oldschool

Can you try integrating www.zap2it.com as a free alternative to schedules direct?

I followed this guide:  http://hdhrviewer.zynine.net/initial-setup/xmltv-zap2xml-exe/

It allows Plex to use my HDhomerun prime and downloads the guide from zap2it for free...it works great.

I love Emby and think this may be a way to get epg data for free!

At least provide the option for an XML schedule. Planning ahead to the WMC sunset, having a viable alternative that's easy to setup and use would attract a lot more people to this project.

jasonmcroy

Ok, I need to give an update to my previously reported problem. I just tried the plugin again tonight and realized that I was inputting my Emby Server ip address instead of my Prime ip address. :(

Anyway, if you input the correct ip address, it doesn't crash the server. Go figure!

-Jason

timstephens24

Here's some of the issues that I've run into setting this up on a Mac running 10.10.4:

1. To get to the settings you have to go there directly instead of using the GUI (http://localhost:8096/web/ConfigurationPage?name=EmbyTV). If you try to use the GUI it will just lock up and you can't navigate anything. After everything was setup (Tuner selected, Schedules Direct pulled, Schedules Direct Guide information set, etc), then going to the settings would work.

2. Importing Schedules Direct took a lot of going back and forth in the settings. Put in username and password. Hit save. Put in zip and use the dropdown for my location. Hit Refresh schedule. It took 0 seconds according to the server log. I ended up just putting stuff in randomly, hitting save, and then after maybe a minute it actually started pulling in the Schedules Direct information.

3. Initially, if I just go to a channel and hit play, it works well streaming at 720p @ 1Mbps. If I try to change the stream size to get better quality, it just freezes after a few seconds. I tried it on a few different channels and it's always the same result. If I keep the default stream it seems to work fine. I've added the logs pertaining to this issue.

server_log.txt

transcode-720p.1.5Mbps.txt

transcode-720p.1Mbps.txt

Guys I've pushed a dev plugin update with some fairly significant internal changes. please let me know if you have any new problems. thanks.

Guys I've pushed a dev plugin update with some fairly significant internal changes. please let me know if you have any new problems. thanks.

Thanks Luke . Is there a change log somewhere?

there are no visible changes you are going to notice. just need to confirm nothing has been negatively affected.

jasonmcroy

Luke, is this version 3.0.5643.3421 that you are talking about? If so, I installed that last night and set up went fine but I tested the recording of some shows with it and nothing was recorded when I got up this morning.

I tried 3 separate shows on 2 different channels (nothing I care to watch, just for testing purposes). The epg guide did show the red recording icon after I set up the recording for the show.

I am going to test a few more right now just in case, but this is what I have seen so far.

-Jason

Edit: I just noticed also that if I try to delete an already scheduled recording I get "sequence contains more than one matching element" error.

Edited by jasonmcroy

jasonmcroy

Now, when I am trying to start a recording I am getting the pop error box "There was an error processing the request. Try again later". However, it shows on the epg grid that it is set to record. I recall this same scenario happening early on with this plugin and it was fixed at one point.

I have gone in and deleted the plugin and files in the folders and I will reinstall to see if that handles anything.

Here are my recent logs in case they are useful:

server-63569882840.txt

Let me know how else I can help. I would really like to get this plugin running smooth. It plays nicely over my network to my Roku by the way.

-Jason

jasonmcroy

Hi Luke or Jose (whoever is working on this plugin now)

I noticed the new Dev version in the past 30 minutes. I installed it and here are the results I see:

I no longer get the error when I am trying to schedule a recording or delete a scheduled recording. That all seems to be working perfectly for me now.

However, that is only if I schedule one instance of a recording. If I try to schedule a series, I don't receive any errors and it acts like it's scheduling just fine (the series does show up in the Series tab) but it's not actually marking any of the shows in that series as scheduled to record. There is no red icon over the show in the epg guide and it doesn't show up under the Scheduled tab.

So, it looks like it's getting there at least on individual recordings that are scheduled for one time only recording.

Thanks.

-Jason

jasonmcroy

After the last server update (version 3.0.5641.4) I am getting a whole new error I have never seen. When I try to schedule a recording I am getting "Item already exists" pop up.

I have verified I have not already scheduled that show or episode, etc. I tried it on several different ones just to verify it.

Latest log if needed: server-63569936929.txt

-Jason

jasonmcroy

Hey Luke,

Thanks, the update fixed the problem mentioned above for setting an individual recording schedule. That error is not happening anymore. I am also able to delete a scheduled recording with not problems.

Scheduling a series recording still isn't working for me. No errors pop up, it just doesn't actually schedule the series when I set it up.

-Jason