[Dev] EmbyTV a livetv client for Network Tuners (HDHomerun at the moment)

jose

rabbit1543

Viewing live tv is now working for me. I think i needed a guide refresh. Recordings however are still not working properly but my logs dont show any errors. 

http://paste2.org/gdgUVW6E

What im seeing in my recorded directory for a folder ending in .ts instead of a .ts file. The folder has a zero byte size.

IE: R:\EmbyTV\TV\Steve Harvey\Steve Harvey_S3E128 Friends and Family Crowdsource a Beauticians Next Date I Love My Man but ... Hes Obsessed With Steve Harvey_2015-03-26.ts

MSattler

Viewing live tv is now working for me. I think i needed a guide refresh. Recordings however are still not working properly but my logs dont show any errors. 

http://paste2.org/gdgUVW6E

What im seeing in my recorded directory for a folder ending in .ts instead of a .ts file. The folder has a zero byte size.

IE: R:\EmbyTV\TV\Steve Harvey\Steve Harvey_S3E128 Friends and Family Crowdsource a Beauticians Next Date I Love My Man but ... Hes Obsessed With Steve Harvey_2015-03-26.ts

I think the write path is incorrect?  Here is what is in my log;

2015-06-19 10:40:58.3522 Info - EmbyTV: Streaming Channel 9
2015-06-19 10:40:58.3522 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://192.168.1.219/tuners.html
2015-06-19 10:40:58.3678 Info - EmbyTV: Writing file to path: C:\Temp\TV\Lets Make a Deal\Lets Make a Deal__2015-03-06.ts
2015-06-19 10:40:58.3678 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://192.168.1.219:5004/auto/v9?duration=1200.6477395
2015-06-19 10:40:58.8678 Info - EmbyTV: Recording was a success

Now to me, it looks like it thinks Lets Make a Deal__2015-03-06.ts is a filename of the recording, when in actuality it's a directory.  Is EmbyTV trying to save a recording to a directory instead of a file??

rabbit1543

Was able to successfully record a show after today's update.

Side note: If I remove the task to refresh the guide at startup I need to refresh the guide before I can tune channels even if the guide is populated. Will do some tinkering later on to see if I can reproduce

that shouldn't be necessary. we'll have to see what's going on there. but i'm glad recordings are working.

jasonmcroy

Hooray! Individual recordings are now working with the latest update. Great job Luke!

I know you weren't working on it specifically, but thought I would mention that Series recording still doesn't work for me, just in case you didn't already know that.

I am getting further away from needing NPVR!

-Jason

Erik

I did a little further testing and found 2 items for future fixes.

1) The scheduled recording successfully starts and stops but EmbyTV still sees the recorded show in "active recordings" as with a status of "In progress" even though it has actually stopped (I verified that the tuner has been released and the task is gone from the "scheduled" tab).

2) When a recording is deleted, only the actual .ts file is removed, the show folder remains in the cache.

Clean log of a scheduled recording, recording, completed recording and deleting the recording is attached.

Thanks,

Erik

Erik

Anyone else having the issue I posted above.  @@Luke @jasonmcroy

Still there in EmbyTV Version 3.0.5651.32904.

I just recorded "big brother" for example. Once the show is over, the tuner is released, however, it still shows in progress under recordings with a length 1 minute.

So, I grabbed the recording, moved it into my tv shows folder and did a server scan. It shows up and plays the full recording no problem. so something happening (or not happening) after the recording is complete.

Logs above, I can get fresh ones if needed.

Thanks.

jasonmcroy

All working fine on my end.

-Jason

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Erik

Thanks @@jasonmcroy I'll have to see what's up with my setup.

Edit: Ok, it seems to be working ok now. Thanks.

Edited by Erik

mooninite

Hi,

Thanks for this plugin. It is working well for me.

I have a few enhancement requests:

1. May you use the HD Homerun guide? They provide one to all their customers for free... so we don't have to pay for the Schedules Direct one. Check out the Kodi plugin on how to do this.

2. The bitrate of channels when transcoding seems to be forced to a maximum of 500kB - which is very low. Channels do not look very clear. Transcoding TV shows works at a full 1080p 30Mbit so this is something in your plugin. This happens on both the web browser and Android clients. Can you up this limit or add a settings toggle for it?

mooninite

Kodi add-on has that info protected.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Protected? The add-on code is written in Python. I took a quick glance and this is how the guide data is downloaded.

1. Device is discovered.

2. Device returns a bunch of URLs, which includes a device auth ID.

3. The Device Auth ID is used to generate a request to Silicon Dust.

4. Silicon Dust returns the channel guide in JSON.

i have an open dialog with Silicon Dust, so rather than reverse-engineer the kodi add-on, I will just ask them :)

FredipusRex

@@Luke -

If you have a dialogue with Silicon Dust, see if they can make the DTCP-IP copy-once content display accessible via an API rather than their own app. It would be fantastic if the various Emby clients could play back copy-once protected content (like HBO). From what they've said so far, only their own apps will be able to do that, but I fail to see why an API library couldn't be put together. If that library had basic APIs for seeking and the ability to display OSDs and other chrome, that would be a game changer.

Their homegrown DVR will have those features but I don't think they're really staffed to make a TiVO killer. An open source DVR product coupled with an SD-provided protected display chain, though, could get there surprisingly fast. Heck, I'd probably start working on the EmbyTV project myself - sick and tired of my cable provided DVR and could use a C# project to keep the skills sharp (did a lot of C# systems and GUI work, but it's been a few years).

• Like 1

Well even if they do allow it, i can already tell you that certain parts would have to be closed source. i'm sure that is why they have that policy right now. they are working to get agreements with various content providers, and those agreements obligate them to make sure certain security protocols are honored. and that security applies to every layer. if they start offering an api, then they can be held accountable for the faults of others who consume such api. So i can understand why they would take such a stance.

but there is a ton of live tv work iv'e got planned so definitely reach out to me if you want to help.

FredipusRex

I assumed that all of the display chain would be closed source. If they could support playback of a (protected) stream while letting the command input (remotes, keyboard, etc) be handled by Emby/others and a simple playback command API (open stream, retrieve basic metadata like running time, current position and resolution, play, pause, seek, ff/rw x1-4, stop, close) would be the minimum required. The ability to overlay Emby's chrome would make it perfect (again, I'm assuming they would have to have total control of the display chain - if we had limited access to the display buffer, maybe we wouldn't need this).

Without copy-once playback, Live TV is a no-go for me (WAF). I couldn't justify the expense and hassle of getting SD units, cable cards and the like if there wasn't the expectation that the end result could replace the DVRs.

Protected? The add-on code is written in Python. I took a quick glance and this is how the guide data is downloaded.

1. Device is discovered.

2. Device returns a bunch of URLs, which includes a device auth ID.

3. The Device Auth ID is used to generate a request to Silicon Dust.

4. Silicon Dust returns the channel guide in JSON.

Edited by bry

• 3 weeks later...
mediacowboy

Anyone figure out how to by pass need to select the day after on scheduled recordings?

mboehler

Hi All, 

I have tried to add my host in, it returns the correct DNS for the HD HomeRun but then gets a 404 error.  I dont have a username or password set or am I doing something wrong.

Services

EmbyTV

Unknown Up to date!

Status: Unavailable (The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.)

Thanks in advance

Iain

Was this problem ever identified and/or resolved?  I am having the same issue.  I set up the plugin correctly, but it seems to be having trouble communicating with my HDHR.  Perhaps my HDHR model is not supported?  See images below.  HERE is my log file.

Thanks!

55aa6c97211fa_embytvpluginsettings.png

55aa6cc8bfce7_livetverror404.png

Server Log File

pir8radio

So, all installed, channels found, guide downloaded...  everything "looks" awesome but when i try to play any channel the web interface goes dim (like something is supposed to pop up) then nothing..  have to refresh to be able to click around again.. nothing ever plays...  Any ideas?   different issue than what is above... FYI

Edited by pir8radio

pir8radio

I can't upload my whole log file, too large.    win 7 64, HD HomeRun Prime w/latest  firmware.  If you need the whole file i'll have to put it on the web server or something. 

2015-07-18 16:51:50.8874 Info - App: Opening channel stream from EmbyTV, external channel Id: 190
2015-07-18 16:51:50.8874 Info - EmbyTV: Streaming Channel 190
2015-07-18 16:51:50.8874 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://10.0.1.40/tuners.html
2015-07-18 16:51:51.0724 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/p10742898_st_h13_aa.jpg
2015-07-18 16:51:51.0854 Error - App: Error getting channel stream
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5675.1
Command line: C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Processor count: 20
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: False
Program data path: C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
System.ArgumentNullException
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
  at EmbyTV.TunerHost.HostDefinitions.HdHomeRun.GetChannelStreamInfo(String ChannelNumber)
  at EmbyTV.LiveTvService.GetChannelStream(String channelId, String streamId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.LiveTvManager.<GetLiveStream>d__44.MoveNext()

2015-07-18 16:51:51.0854 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
*** Error Report ***
Command line: C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Application Path: C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Value cannot be null.
System.ArgumentNullException
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
  at EmbyTV.TunerHost.HostDefinitions.HdHomeRun.GetChannelStreamInfo(String ChannelNumber)
  at EmbyTV.LiveTvService.GetChannelStream(String channelId, String streamId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.LiveTvManager.<GetLiveStream>d__44.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.LiveTvManager.<GetChannelStream>d__2d.MoveNext()
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.LiveTvMediaSourceProvider.<OpenMediaSource>d__6.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.<OpenLiveStream>d__38.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Api.Playback.MediaInfoService.<Post>d__4.MoveNext()

2015-07-18 16:51:51.0854 Error - HttpServer: Error processing request for /LiveStreams/Open?UserId=1de587e5988caadbe6f60a4f50d545e0&StartTimeTicks=0&ItemId=a07f5e0d55e11845c3b799942a63f36f&PlaySessionId=aaf319df3b7441dc87302ac3dfcb0825
*** Error Report ***
Value cannot be null.
ServiceStack.HttpError
No Stack Trace Available

2015-07-18 16:51:51.3544 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/p9132169_st_h13_aa.jpg
2015-07-18 16:51:55.2226 Info - App: SessionInfoWebSocketListener Begin transmitting over websocket to 10.0.1.9:54271
2015-07-18 16:51:55.2226 Info - App: ScheduledTasksWebSocketListener Begin transmitting over websocket to 10.0.1.9:54271
2015-07-18 16:51:55.2406 Info - App: ActivityLogWebSocketListener Begin transmitting over websocket to 10.0.1.9:54271
2015-07-18 16:51:56.6317 Info - App: ActivityLogWebSocketListener stop transmitting over websocket to 10.0.1.9:54271
2015-07-18 16:51:56.6317 Info - App: ActivityLogWebSocketListener Begin transmitting over websocket to 10.0.1.9:54271
2015-07-18 16:51:56.6317 Info - App: SessionInfoWebSocketListener stop transmitting over websocket to 10.0.1.9:54271
2015-07-18 16:51:56.6317 Info - App: ScheduledTasksWebSocketListener stop transmitting over websocket to 10.0.1.9:54271

mboehler

is it a Dlna model?

I can't find any documentation that specifies whether or not it supports DLNA.  But since it's an older model and it's not working, I'm guessing that it does not.

Thanks!

Edited by mboehler