[Dev] EmbyTV a livetv client for Network Tuners (HDHomerun at the moment)

jose

Here ya go:

attachicon.gifseriesTimers.xml

-Jason

The problem is due to the day of week and the times being in universal time. so when i do a time.DayOfWeek to get the day of the recording depending on the time of the recording i may get the next day, seeing as all the time are saved in utc i dont know if it would be better to store the actual day as utc and when it is displayed due to necessary conversion. @@Luke am i supposed to get days in the user timezone or in utc just as the times is supplied as utc, can the day of the week be supplied like that to? 

Edited by jose

reluctantflux

Try 0.10.1 and also choose digital instead of cable , cable only has like 20 or so channels on it. Also if it fails please post logs, it should at least fix the issue of multiple stations per channel.

0.10.1 fixed my problem! Awesome! Thanks man!

mediacowboy

So this is able to do schedule recordings now? Just switched over to using this and I started to move my series over. I have one problem it isn't detecting any more than 1 of my series. I can provide whatever logs you need just let me know.

post-348-0-95933500-1430262891_thumb.png

post-348-0-39421500-1430262892_thumb.png

Edited by mediacowboy

So this is able to do schedule recordings now? Just switched over to using this and I started to move my series over. I have one problem it isn't detecting any more than 1 of my series. I can provide whatever logs you need just let me know.

Try selecting multiple days or at least the day after too, due to timezones it wont detect the day correctly at the moment but i will work on that.

jasonmcroy

Jose,

Series recording does work for me if I select the actual day and the day after as you suggested above. It now shows the episode with the red dot beside it indicating it will be recorded and the following week is showing this as well.

However, the series recording I tried to set earlier won't let me delete it. I keep getting this error "Sequence contains more than one matching element".

-jason

jose

Jose,

Series recording does work for me if I select the actual day and the day after as you suggested above. It now shows the episode with the red dot beside it indicating it will be recorded and the following week is showing this as well.

However, the series recording I tried to set earlier won't let me delete it. I keep getting this error "Sequence contains more than one matching element".

-jason

If you are have persistent recordings/timers/series that are giving you errors stop the server go to the respective xml and remove it from there. and then restart the server, do you have two series recording for the same series? Restart the server replicate the error with debug on and let me see the logs. 

jose

Is there anything else I can do to help?

See if anythings breaks and tell me about it with logs if possible.

breezytm

Just noticed this plugin and decided to try it out. I must say I really like what you've done so far. I would like to ask for three things If you don't mind. I am not sure if that is a route you would consider taking your project toward but it doesn't hurt to ask.  

1. XMLTV.xml support - (mc2xml)

2. External logos  support

3. Custom Recordings path. - That may have already been implemented but didn't work for me when I added a share from my nas. Even live tv stopped working. I put the default path back and everything started working again. Not so sure if it was permission issue consider the fact that my libraries exist in the same directory. 

I

Edited by breezytm

mediacowboy

I have my recording fixed by doing the day of and day after. Will test to make sure they record to the right folder.

I do have one grip and that is the recordings page showing all my series even if it hasn't recorded them.

Edited by mediacowboy

mediacowboy

Okay I have done some more testing and here are the results so far. Some may not be related to your plugin but are noticed when using it.

1. When on the Live TV Setting's page it does not show which client is using which tuner.

2. I noticed that it was not showing on the dashboard that my Roku was even watching Live TV. I know this worked on ServerWMC. Edit: It is reporting when I play from my iPad. I will do more digging tonight to see if the is a issue or not.

3. Not releasing and killing the stream when hitting the Reset tuner button on Live TV page. I had to mainly kill it by killing the FF-MPEG process.

4. I noticed that instead of putting the files in the directory I assigned. That it created a TV folder and put them in there. This is a problem for me as I have a program that watches the folder I assigned not any sub folders. By this I mean I have to setup to record to \\Robinson-Media\Recorded TV. When I looked for my recording in this folder they were in a \\Robinson-Media\Recorded TV\TV\.

5. I could not delete recording or rename them in my recording's folder. It complained that the system was still accessing them. I had to shutdown Emby Server to be able to delete them. Did not try to rename them after stopping Emby server.

6. This one I am not sure is the plugin faults or the Roku's. My wife tried watch a TV show from the TV Guide option and it kicked her back to the landing page on the Roku. This also worked with ServerWMC.

I will do more testing but this is what I noticed so far. If you need log's and stuff I will get those. Sorry I don't have them now.

Edited by mediacowboy

jose

Okay I have done some more testing and here are the results so far. Some may not be related to your plugin but are noticed when using it.

1. When on the Live TV Setting's page it does not show which client is using which tuner.

2. I noticed that it was not showing on the dashboard that my Roku was even watching Live TV. I know this worked on ServerWMC. Edit: It is reporting when I play from my iPad. I will do more digging tonight to see if the is a issue or not.

3. Not releasing and killing the stream when hitting the Reset tuner button on Live TV page. I had to mainly kill it by killing the FF-MPEG process.

4. I noticed that instead of putting the files in the directory I assigned. That it created a TV folder and put them in there. This is a problem for me as I have a program that watches the folder I assigned not any sub folders. By this I mean I have to setup to record to \\Robinson-Media\Recorded TV. When I looked for my recording in this folder they were in a \\Robinson-Media\Recorded TV\TV\.

5. I could not delete recording or rename them in my recording's folder. It complained that the system was still accessing them. I had to shutdown Emby Server to be able to delete them. Did not try to rename them after stopping Emby server.

6. This one I am not sure is the plugin faults or the Roku's. My wife tried watch a TV show from the TV Guide option and it kicked her back to the landing page on the Roku. This also worked with ServerWMC.

I will do more testing but this is what I noticed so far. If you need log's and stuff I will get those. Sorry I don't have them now.

1. The plugin has no way that i know of to obtain this information.

2. No idea about that one the server gives you the stream and show it in the dashboard. I only give the server a path to get the stream.

3. I cant really reset the tunner but i will see if i can get it to release any internal processes like recording i dont think i can cancel the stream you receive.

4. It should put all shows on a tv folder and all movies in a movie folder i did this  because i have had problems with the server setting a movie as a tv series and vice versa when in mixed mode, i may add an option so you can specify the specific folder for tv and movies.

5. If the server is currently recording or watching the file it is read only until it finished the recording or the recording is cancelled if not recording i need to check if the server didn't close the file properly due to an error. (maybe someone was watching the video on another device?)

6. I dont know much about the roku as i dont have one, but there is nothing in specific i set up for the roku.

thegaineys

I apologize in advance, I am totally new to this stuff, but want to learn as much as possible. Is there a complete set up start up step by step? I have Emby installed on my PC and use FireTV and Roku's would love to add this to my devices. I am completely lost on what app to install (Next PVR?) and where do I put the xml file? Again sorry for my lack of knowledge.

mediacowboy

@@jose,

Thank you for your reply. I will keep testing and watching what happen's. I did notice that I record 4 shows last night and none of them completed recording or closed correctly.

Attached is a screen shot of the files and the log I would assume for this event. 

5548c36a70c11_Unfinished.png

Edit: A simple restart of the server closed the files. The Following finished. The other record the following amount:

The Night Shift - 00:00:36

Gotham - 00:00:03

The Voice - 00:00:03

Also I unable to modify these files (Read Delete, Rename).

5548c35934d9c_ErrorRenaming.png

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

P.S. - Don't worry about this not working right or me missing shows. I have wayzs to get what I missed and I would love to get this working 100%.

server-63566336220.zip

Edited by mediacowboy

If you have a network tuner device (HD Homerun) you simply install the plug-in and configure it to point to your tuner.  Then you will also probably need a Schedules Direct account for guide data.

That's all that is required.

Lee

Does it work as simple as that with dvbviewer? That makes my tbs 6984 a network tuner.. If it does this is a big deal for me!!!!

Lee

Also @@ebr does this schedules direct of which you speak do uk scheduling???

Ok, found it and no...

Xmltv via epg collector looks like the only way forward for me then!

Edited by Lee

jose

Ok, found it and no...

http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2616

They do some international lineups you have to put the lineup directly on the xml config file i need to see how to add them as options on the dropdown, in the process of adding xmltv as a source just havent had the time, you can create your own epg (one xml file per channel) on plugins/epg

Will post the format for those who can make their own scripts to fill the data.

jose

The Epg file should have as name {channelNumber}.xml

Here is an example

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ArrayOfProgramInfo xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <ProgramInfo>
    <Id>SH000000210000T635662080000000000C508</Id>
    <ChannelId>508</ChannelId>
    <Name>20/20</Name>
    <OfficialRating>0</OfficialRating>
    <Overview>The hourlong broadcast includes insightful interviews with notable figures from the worlds of news, politics and entertainment, hosted by Elizabeth Vargas and David Muir. A revolving team of journalists from ABC News also contribute investigative stories.</Overview>
    <StartDate>2015-05-03T00:00:00</StartDate>
    <EndDate>2015-05-03T01:00:00</EndDate>
    <Genres>
      <string>Newsmagazine</string>
    </Genres>
    <OriginalAirDate>2000-01-01T00:00:00</OriginalAirDate>
    <IsHD>false</IsHD>
    <Audio>Stereo</Audio>
    <CommunityRating xsi:nil="true" />
    <IsRepeat>true</IsRepeat>
    <EpisodeTitle />
    <ImageUrl>https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/p184299_l_h5_ab.jpg</ImageUrl>
    <HasImage>true</HasImage>
    <IsMovie>false</IsMovie>
    <IsSports>false</IsSports>
    <IsSeries>true</IsSeries>
    <IsLive>false</IsLive>
    <IsNews>false</IsNews>
    <IsKids>false</IsKids>
    <IsPremiere>false</IsPremiere>
    <ProductionYear xsi:nil="true" />
  </ProgramInfo>
  <ProgramInfo>
    <Id>SH017571540000T635662116000000000C508</Id>
    <Name>Agenda</Name>
    <Overview />
    <StartDate>2015-05-03T01:00:00</StartDate>
    <EndDate>2015-05-03T01:30:00</EndDate>
    <Genres>
      <string>News</string>
      <string>Public affairs</string>
    </Genres>
    <OriginalAirDate>2013-06-29T00:00:00</OriginalAirDate>
    <IsHD>false</IsHD>
    <Audio>Stereo</Audio>
    <EpisodeTitle />
    <ImageUrl>https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/p10046776_st_h5_aa.jpg</ImageUrl>
    <IsMovie>false</IsMovie>
    <IsLive>false</IsLive>
    <IsNews>true</IsNews>
    <IsKids>false</IsKids>
  </ProgramInfo>

<ProgramInfo>
    <Id>SH015555670000T635666364000000000C508</Id>
    <Name>Evening News</Name>
    <Overview>Local and national coverage with Morris Jones.</Overview>
    <StartDate>2015-05-07T23:00:00</StartDate>
    <EndDate>2015-05-07T23:30:00</EndDate>
    <Genres>
      <string>News</string>
    </Genres>
    <OriginalAirDate>2012-04-16T00:00:00</OriginalAirDate>
    <IsHD>false</IsHD>
    <Audio>Stereo</Audio>
    <EpisodeTitle />
    <ImageUrl>https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/p9198829_st_h13_aa.jpg</ImageUrl>
    <IsMovie>false</IsMovie>
    <IsLive>false</IsLive>
    <IsNews>true</IsNews>
    <IsKids>false</IsKids>
  </ProgramInfo>
  <ProgramInfo>
    <Id>SH015555670000T635666382000000000C508</Id>
    <Name>Evening News</Name>
    <Overview>Local and national coverage with Morris Jones.</Overview>
    <StartDate>2015-05-07T23:30:00</StartDate>
    <EndDate>2015-05-08T00:00:00</EndDate>
    <Genres>
      <string>News</string>
    </Genres>
    <OriginalAirDate>2012-04-16T00:00:00</OriginalAirDate>
    <IsHD>false</IsHD>
    <Audio>Stereo</Audio>
    <EpisodeTitle />
    <ImageUrl>https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/p9198829_st_h13_aa.jpg</ImageUrl>
    <IsMovie>false</IsMovie>
    <IsLive>false</IsLive>
    <IsNews>true</IsNews>
    <IsKids>false</IsKids>
  </ProgramInfo>
</ArrayOfProgramInfo>

This files are what the service keep as a local copy for recordings and when it can reach the epg data source.

jasonmcroy

Hi Jose,

I just recently purchased an HDHomerun Prime (I was using the extend for OTA channels before) since I just started using cable service with Brighthouse.

I changed my lineup with Schedules Direct and then ran the guide update in the plugin. It pulled all my channels and most icons pretty good. However, the guide data is off by 3 hours. I can't tell from reading the instructions at SD how to verify if the data they are pulling is incorrect or if it's an issue in the plugin.

How could I check this?

-Jason

jose

Hi Jose,

I just recently purchased an HDHomerun Prime (I was using the extend for OTA channels before) since I just started using cable service with Brighthouse.

I changed my lineup with Schedules Direct and then ran the guide update in the plugin. It pulled all my channels and most icons pretty good. However, the guide data is off by 3 hours. I can't tell from reading the instructions at SD how to verify if the data they are pulling is incorrect or if it's an issue in the plugin.

How could I check this?

-Jason

First check the time zone for your computer running the server (it happened to me before that i had my vm in the wrong time zone), does the channel on the extend give you the correct time on the same server?

jasonmcroy

First check the time zone for your computer running the server (it happened to me before that i had my vm in the wrong time zone), does the channel on the extend give you the correct time on the same server

I was just getting ready to update my last post because I finally figured that out totally by accident! Thanks for the post though because you were exactly right! All good now.

-Jason

jose

I was just getting ready to update my last post because I finally figured that out totally by accident! Thanks for the post though because you were exactly right! All good now.

-Jason

Yea the same thing happened to me when i first started the plugin and i was changing the code to account for the difference which never seem to work until i noticed i had the wrong time zone.

rkulagow

Ok, found it and no...

Hi, I work for Schedules Direct.

We do have UK lineups through the use of the grabber that Jose is writing (it accesses the JSON service and not the old XML service)

If you send me your postal code via PM I can let you know which lineups we have and what the data looks like so that you can confirm that the service would work for you. For international users we also offer an extended trial period; it's 7 days for countries where we've had service for a long time (because we know the data is good and have lots of practice dealing with the various cable operators and broadcasters) but for international it's 90 days because we recognize that we may need to update the lineups once a subscriber lets us know that something isn't correct.

The complete list of countries is at http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2655

• Like 2