I have been working on a way to have the server interact directly with my HDHomerun Prime without the need for aditional software.
At the moment the plugin is capable of livetv and single episode recording. It is also able to pull epg data from schedules direct.
It only works with HDHomerun devices, for recording it doesnt check if it had the necessary tuners to record at the time (plan to work on this) and only supports one device (working on multiple hosts). Also recordings will be made to C:\Temp unless changed directly on the configuration xml file.
For bugs and problems please provide:
Logs of the server or at least the part where the error occurred. Copy of configuration file (remove your password from it but make sure it has one) What device are you using? Model?
Partial support for m3u playlists:
Should support the following formats rtsp, rtmp, http, file but only tested with http stream from a prime.
#EXTM3U #EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="1" tvg-name="ABC",Channel 1 http://192.168.1.238:5004/auto/v8 #EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="2" tvg-name="Channel_2",Channel 2 http://192.168.1.238:5004/auto/v9
Needs to be added manually to the config xml file, example a HDHomerun Prime and a m3u playlist.
<TunerHostsConfiguration> <TunerUserConfiguration> <ServerId>HDHR3-CC-XXXXXX</ServerId> <ServerType>HdHomerun</ServerType> <UserFields> <UserField> <Name>Url</Name> <Value>192.168.1.238</Value> </UserField> <UserField> <Name>OnlyFavorites</Name> <Value>true</Value> </UserField> </UserFields> </TunerUserConfiguration> <TunerUserConfiguration> <ServerId>test</ServerId> <ServerType>M3UPlaylist</ServerType> <UserFields> <UserField> <Name>PlaylistPath</Name> <Value>C:\Users\Win10\Desktop\Prime.m3u</Value> </UserField> </UserFields> </TunerUserConfiguration> </TunerHostsConfiguration>
So steps to installs the service from a clean slate (no previous config file):
1. Install the plugin and restart/start the server.
2. Set the Ip address of the tuner, username and password and zipcode for schedules direct and click save.
3. the page should refresh itself in about 5 seconds, if everything was okay the dropdown should be populated, if not wait a few seconds and hit ctrl-f5 (it may have taken the server a little longer to obtain the data), if nothing still shows check the config file if the password field is empty it mean that probably the username or password was wrong.
4.Select from the dropdown your lineup and click save. Now all the configuration is done.
5. Restart the server so that when Emby starts the server for the first time and asks the service for channels it now has a tuner ip to look for those channels.
6. You need to refresh the guide data again after the server populated the guide data for the images for the guide to show, for some reason even tough the images are downloaded during the first check it doesn't show them until a refresh, we should fix this as it is not a good practice to query schedules direct twice plus it takes a long time depending on the number of channels and days .
Edited by jose, 24 April 2015 - 09:14 PM.