[Dev] EmbyTV a livetv client for Network Tuners (HDHomerun at the moment)

jose

thanks. please try again on the update going up. you'll have to create a new series timer to test.

jasonmcroy

Hi Luke,

Still no go on the series schedule.

I am not sure if there is a new issue but after it still wasn't working I uninstalled the plugin and deleted the plugin folders then reinstalled. Now it isn't giving me a lineup to select. However, I have had that issue in the past once or twice and it was a Schedules Direct issue and not a plugin issue. So, I could try again later in case it's just not connecting to SD correctly on a temporary basis. Either way, Series still doesn't seem to be working for me.

-Jason

Erik

@@Luke

I can schedule a single recording fine without errors (have a test recording going shortly). I can also schedule a series without errors, however only the 1st recording has the red recording symbol on the guide. The others have no symbol.

Test Info: Just for the full info of how I'm testing...I used big brother on CBS starting Wednesday, 24th @ 8pm, and it plays Wenesday, Thursday and Sunday.

Also, as a side question, in the recording setup, I think I get the idea...but can you confirm that the "Record any time" finds the same program name on the days selected and records them for whatever length of time it runs for? I'm thinking how it would handle a series recording with a special that starts an hour early and runs for maybe 2 hours that time)

Thanks.

rkulagow

However, I have had that issue in the past once or twice and it was a Schedules Direct issue and not a plugin issue. So, I could try again later in case it's just not connecting to SD correctly on a temporary basis. Either way, Series still doesn't seem to be working for me.

[i work for Schedules Direct]

Right now you're not able to login because you had too many invalid password attempts, so your account is locked.

jasonmcroy

[i work for Schedules Direct]

Right now you're not able to login because you had too many invalid password attempts, so your account is locked.

Ah! That makes sense because the first few times it happened I realized I had caps lock on. I guess that was too many times for my next attempt after I corrected that. I had a feeling it wasn't a plugin error.

Does the lockout time out or do I need to do something else?

-Jason

jasonmcroy

Ok, thanks.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Ok, I was able to sign it correctly. Thanks @@rkulagow!

Luke, after getting the line up working right, Series recording still not working for me. Individual recording of one show still works fine.

-Jason

Edited by jasonmcroy

Erik

I did a single test recording on a stream I verified working (through Emby and IE11) and it never starts recording. The cache folder has a folder name of the scheduled recording, but its empty.

Server: 3.0.5641.4

EmbyTV: 3.0.5645.2932

06-16 20:41:59.3896 Info - ServerManager: Sending web socket message ScheduledTaskEnded
2015-06-16 20:42:00.0156 Info - EmbyTV: Streaming Channel 5.1
2015-06-16 20:42:00.0156 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://192.168.123.145/tuners.html
2015-06-16 20:42:00.0938 Error - EmbyTV: Error recording stream
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5641.4
	Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: False
	Program data path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Sequence contains no matching element
	System.InvalidOperationException
	   at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
	   at EmbyTV.LiveTvService.<RecordStream>d__15.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at EmbyTV.LiveTvService.<_timerProvider_TimerFired>d__d.MoveNext()
Edited by Erik

MSattler

Same issue, I can schedule to record, but the recording never occurs.  I just have a folder named show-season-episode.ts.  Odd that the folder is named what I expect the recording to be named.

jasonmcroy

Hi Luke,

Still not working on my end. Same scenario - individual recording gets marked with red icon, series recordings don't show up. I am also seeing the same scenario as the above posters where the recording doesn't actually start, even though the plugin creates a folder as if it is recording. Tuner light on my HDHR Prime doesn't light up when the recording is supposedly happening either. It's like the stream isn't really starting.

(By the way, I saw you added my icon creation to the plugin on the server - thanks!)

-Jason

Erik's reported issue should definitely be addressed. that is just about a single recording. i will look at the series recordings next.

• Like 1

jasonmcroy

Makes sense. You keep it up, I will keep testing!

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Erik

@@Luke

Tested on Server: 3.0.5641.4 and EmbyTV: 3.0.5645.42417 still get the same "error recording stream" when I attempted a single recording. It does show in the Recording tab of Live tv (viewing via IE) but it has a error status.

Let me know if you need anything tested for logs or anything.

Thanks again for the hard work.

Erik

Erik

Here are the logs from a fresh restart then attempted a recording.

Edit: also when I attempt to delete the recording it boots me out to the emby login screen.

Edited by Erik

Schimi

its possible (or planed for the future) to use SAT>IP Tuner.... like the Elgato Net4 Stream?

Erik

@@Luke

Same error on recording. Logs from the new 3.0.5646.18831.

Edited by Erik

there's no error there. hard to say how existing recordings will react so make sure to test on something new.

Erik

Sorry about that. Here is a fresh restart and recording attempt.

The item disappears from the scheduled tab at the right trigger time. Shows up in the recording tab shortly after. When I click on the item (which is a newly setup recording), it says "Status: Error" at the bottom. The tuner shows neither tuner is being used as well.

mediacowboy

Luke, I tried a one of recording and it did not complete record. I will get the logs to you when I am back by that computer. Just wanted to see if anyone else is seeing this as well.

rabbit1543

Are you all having problems watching live tv? I tried today with both the latest beta server and plugin. I get parameter cannot be set to null. Also if I try to record something my logs show

"Error recording stream"

For what it's worth I have two hdhr primes as tuners.

Are you all having problems watching live tv? I tried today with both the latest beta server and plugin. I get parameter cannot be set to null. Also if I try to record something my logs show

"Error recording stream"

Please see http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

jasonmcroy

"Error recording stream"

I am not having any issues actually watching Live TV, just recording it, which is what the last few posts have been about. Definitely post your logs as Luke is actively working on the plugin to get some things sorted out.

I am streaming the Live TV feed to my Roku 3 both in the living room and bedroom with no issues. I haven't tried it via the web browser though. Via Kodi on my HTPC I just use the HDHR addon which works great for me.

-Jason