Android TV App

Luke

CBers

Just opened the app to be greeted with a spooky surprise.... Haha nice touch:)

Yes, its excellent.

Not sure it should be displayed for Parental Controlled accounts though.

They don't get the Spooky Suggestions, but get the pop-up message and the orange theme.

• 2 weeks later...
xXSagaiaXx

I've been getting random gray screens in emby and I have to reboot my shield in order to get back into emby

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Ummmm sorry I don't follow, how is it the answer?

By answer, I meant it is the reason it is happening to you.  Appears to be a bug in 6.0.

But my device is not even android 5

Sorry, I forgot you weren't on the NP or Shield.  Still sounds too similar to not be related in some way...

thefranklin

Wasn't this $5 before?  I just got a nexus player and I only see an option to unlock for $6.50 a month.  I could be confusing with AFTV.

So I guess the only way to watch Emby on Android TV is to be a premier member?

Thanks,

Wasn't this $5 before?  I just got a nexus player and I only see an option to unlock for $6.50 a month.  I could be confusing with AFTV.

Thanks,

There are two options. You can do the one-time $5 unlock for the single app or you can do the Emby Premiere subscription and you'll get a number of additional features:

https://emby.media/premiere/

As always thank you for supporting Emby apps so that we can continue to bring you guys more apps and more features.

Thanks,

If all you see is the subscription option then that means your app is already unlocked.  Is it telling you playback is not enabled?  What does the version number display on the Settings screen say?

thefranklin

OK, the text that states the Premier price is also a button. Then there is an unlock button that takes you to the play store. I thought the unlock button referred to Premier.

Thanks, guys, and sorry for the confusion.

Okay, I think I forgot to update the text on the unlock button in the last release. It should say "no thanks, just unlock this app"

Just got a Sony X85 up and running and first impressions are really good. It worked better than I had expected. But I wonder, Live-Tv and recordings are transcoded, there shouldn't be any need for that. Everything else seems to play direct. Tvheadend is backend.

spencerisadog

Just got a Sony X85 up and running and first impressions are really good. It worked better than I had expected. But I wonder, Live-Tv and recordings are transcoded, there shouldn't be any need for that. Everything else seems to play direct. Tvheadend is backend.

I found it to perform better to not direct play with the built in VLC player and just let it transcode.  I've not been doing this long enough to notice any problems with this, but the skip feature works sporadically using VLC direct play.

The ability to direct stream Live TV is dependent upon the information we get about the stream from the Live TV service and the capabilities of both the OS and hardware upon which the app is running.

With ServerWMC and the built in TV service, we are able to direct stream on most platforms.  It is possible that TVHeadend is not providing enough information for us to do that.

Hey ebr, is it possible to add external player support in the Android TV app? I really would like to use emby on my Sony TV, but the vlc issues (no dts 5.1, stuttering on dd 2.0 and chrashes, when selct other audio-tracks) makes this fantastic app unfortunately not usable for me. The Emby Android App supports external player, so why not the Android TV app?

You could turn off VLC but I'd rather get to the bottom of whatever issues you are seeing.

DTS should decode fine to 5.1 PCM and DD shouldn't be a problem either although it will be in stereo right now.

Can you please start a new thread and provide detailed information about the specific problems you are having?

Okay, i will test some dd 2.0 files and audio track changing again later when i'm at home. Dts with pcm 5.1 doesn't work in my setup (Sony Android TV, Yamaha rx-v673, plugged with HDMI/ARC) and that's the biggest problem for me.

So you don't have any plans for external player support, right?

Edited by mmb

raven-au

Okay, i will test some dd 2.0 files and audio track changing again later when i'm at home. Dts with pcm 5.1 doesn't work in my setup (Sony Android TV, Yamaha rx-v673, plugged with HDMI/ARC) and that's the biggest problem for me.

So you don't have any plans for external player support, right?

I don't think it's known for sure if it's an Android TV or Emby player limitation.

Your on Android TV 5.1.1, right?

I don't know if Sony will got to Android TV 6.0 but IIRC that's when I started getting multi-channel PCM on the NP.