Android TV App

Luke

When I try to play a trailer for a movie in my collection it just plays the last media you played (I'm on beta release)

Please open a new topic with detailed steps.  Thanks.

Hi

is it any way to get the app to auto login like the android phone app do?

(rely dont like to enter the user name and password every time i use it)

/Regards

Yep select log in as this user in the settings

Hi

im doing that but every time i start emy Tv i haft to login.

or is there an other settings scen then the login? if it is how can i display it?

Never mind i fund it ;-)  thanks.

Regards  

Edited by chali

ice pube

Having an issue. I am running:

- Stable server, latest version

- Nvidia Sheild TV running the stable versionf of the ATV app

If I pause media, after a certain amount of time the Daydream option kicks in. 

Having an issue. I am running:

- Stable server, latest version

- Nvidia Sheild TV running the stable versionf of the ATV app

If I pause media, after a certain amount of time the Daydream option kicks in. 

That is by design.

If you pause, we do not hold a lock on the screen.

I meant it displays after I resume the video. If I stop playback and resume it works fine, no daydream kickin.

Ah, okay.  That's a different animal.  I'll take a look.  Thx.

• 2 weeks later...
AmericanCrisis

Hey guys, just bought a Nexus player and played back a full MKV blu ray rip.  All seems well except about 10 times or so there was a freeze (which lasted only a few miliseconds).  Was wondering what this might be as I was under the impression that the Nexus player could direct play anything.  The server dashboard reports that the movie was direct playing the whole time.  There didn't seem to be any error or anything.  I have the Nexus player connected to the network via 5GHz WIFI (I think this is plenty fast enough).

Also, Live TV has a horrible audio delay.  I see that there is an audio delay option.  Is this something that can be fixed?  This doesn't happen on my Kodi HTPC (using HDHomerun Extend).

ice pube

Ah, okay.  That's a different animal.  I'll take a look.  Thx.

Let me know if you need logs as this is still happening. I use the stable branch of the ATV client. 

Also - what audio settings should I be using for my Shield TV to get DD surround sound? I am still on 5.1.1 as Nvidia has not updated to 6.0 yet. 

Also - what audio settings should I be using for my Shield TV to get DD surround sound? I am still on 5.1.1 as Nvidia has not updated to 6.0 yet. 

Default settings.

• 2 weeks later...
fantaxp7

So one click lead to another click...and I don't full understand how it happened but...I've just ordered a Nvidia Shield :)

Amazon is a death trap. 

• Like 2

fantaxp7

This thing has been great, amazing how it feels like a different app with how quick it is vs the nexus player and firetv stick.

One question, what is the deal with dolby digital? I read something about dts and dts hd possibly coming later, but I can't seem to get even dolby digital.

CBers

This thing has been great, amazing how it feels like a different app with how quick it is vs the nexus player and firetv stick.

One question, what is the deal with dolby digital? I read something about dts and dts hd possibly coming later, but I can't seem to get even dolby digital.

Faster than the Nexus Player? I've never found it sluggish.

Do you mean DD pass-through? If so, then it doesn't do it as VLC tries to decode on board the device.

Eric says that you should receive PCM 5.1 but I've never got it working.

I only get DD pass-through if I use Kodi.

• Like 1

CBers

I believe the issue is with the version of android on the shield

Do they not run MarshMallow yet ??

Vidman

Yes I do, its awesome

Edit except that mine suffers from the color banding issue (especially noticeable on the fading black startup screens of Netflix and the emby android TV apps), but I have hopes that will be resolved very soon with the impending update

Edited by Vidman
  • Like 1

I believe the issue is with the version of android on the shield

I believe that is correct.

Do they not run MarshMallow yet ??

When this happens, we'll know for sure.

• Like 2

fantaxp7

Faster than the Nexus Player? I've never found it sluggish.

Do you mean DD pass-through? If so, then it doesn't do it as VLC tries to decode on board the device.

Eric says that you should receive PCM 5.1 but I've never got it working.

I only get DD pass-through if I use Kodi.

Nexus Player drove me insane, with the remote that is. I spent hours trying to get it working stable. It would just not stay paired. But I will say it work well and wasn't bad by any means but the shield is on another level. So that sort of left a bad feeling. I got a deal with the shield to get their remote free, but it is absurd they do not sell it with it. 

I added kodi and loaded up emby for kodi, performance feels like 99% of what my openelec system "feels" like. 

Overall very happy with this device. 

• Like 1

Redshirt

I believe that is correct.

When this happens, we'll know for sure.

From my testing it appears the DD issue is with VLC. With the NVidia Shield I get DD if I copy a file locally to the device and play it using the stock Video Player. If I play it with the stand-alone VLC app it plays and my receiver says DD, but I get audio drop every few seconds. After a few minutes I lose audio altogether.

Play using LibVLC and everything goes to shit. You have to use OpenSL ES for anything AC3 related which changes the signal to PCM. Using AudioTrack produces DD with the same audio drop, and out of sync audio, plus the player will likely die after a few minutes.

I've tested using LibVLC builds from early January, version 3.0-1.7.5 would be the approximate build version. You have to play media with Hardware Acceleration disabled and AC3 support takes a huge step back. It's flat-out unplayable on the AFTV Gen1. Lots of dropped frames being reported to LogCat. The best results appear to be with 3.0-1.6.6 which I think is what you're already using, perhaps a few weeks newer. There at least AC3 plays as PCM.

ExoPlayer uses the OMX plugin architecture so it should be able to use the DD codecs on the device. After all Exo is a wrapper for the stock MediaPlayer but I've had 0 success getting that to produce DD.