Android TV App

Luke

I notice that dpad left and right now skips back and forward when video is playing. ..what about using up and down for larger jumps

And how would you produce the OSD...?  ;)

S-C-H-A-T-T-E-N

Hey,

Are there any plans to add background playing like YouTube do if you press the home (circle) button?

And secondly is there maybe also a plan to add emby content to the global search results on Android TV Homescreen?

Vidman

Hard to tell much with the compression artifacts on the second image (the forum compresses really large images and causes this) but it looks to me like the contrast is pumped up in the MX Player one.

Well it's pretty obvious to me when watching that the emby for android TV app is too bright on this device and I figured it would be nice to have the option to adjust it since it is available in the mobile app which uses the same player does it not?.... But oh well nm I'll deal with it until someone else notices and can convince the devs Edited by Vidman

Enter/OK button

Sorry, but that is just too many hidden behaviors.  Honestly, I don't even like the left/right skipping functionality because you have to discover it accidentally but I did it because that is the way the other players on the device skip.

Well it's pretty obvious to me when watching that the emby for android TV app is too bright on this device and I figured it would be nice to have the option to adjust it since it is available in the mobile app which uses the same player does it not?.... But oh well nm I'll deal with it until someone else notices and can convince the devs

Eventually, it will probably end up in there but I don't want to clutter the interface with more options unless there are significant numbers of people needing them.

Vidman

Eventually, it will probably end up in there but I don't want to clutter the interface with more options unless there are significant numbers of people needing them.

understood

Vidman

Sorry, but that is just too many hidden behaviors. Honestly, I don't even like the left/right skipping functionality because you have to discover it accidentally but I did it because that is the way the other players on the device skip.

yea you said that the first time i suggested it seems intuitive to me, but that's probably from using kodi for so long...but yea again it's your app not mine so your decision...maybe when more apps do it you'll have a change of heart again;) Edited by Vidman

raven-au

Yea maybe... But I was only using kodi as an example this app is noticeably brighter than other video apps and kodi was the easiest to compare the same file

Perhaps a feature request to add the adjustment to the osd setting with audio delay?

I've noticed this too, since the NP v6 update mainly.

Is there any chance for dts output in this app? I really love Emby on my Sony Android TV, but without dts-sound its unfortunately useless for me.

Is there any chance for dts output in this app? I really love Emby on my Sony Android TV, but without dts-sound its unfortunately useless for me.

DTS is decoded by the player and output as the raw PCM streams.  IOW - it works.  At least it does on the Nexus Player and Fire TV. I don't have one of the TVs to test with.

I've tried every possibility to get 5.1 with dts, but its not working. I don't know why, but dolby digital 5.1 is also not working any longer (direct stream is turned on). Plex plays dd in 5.1 and the inbuild Sony Player works fine with dd and dts. Any suggestions?

Edited by mmb

raven-au

I've tried every possibility to get 5.1 with dts, but its not working. I don't know why, but dolby digital 5.1 is also not working any longer (direct stream is turned on). Plex plays dd in 5.1 and the inbuild Sony Player works fine with dd and dts. Any suggestions?

What app is the inbuilt player?

Last I remember was that Play Movies & TV passed DD but output Stereo for DTS.

The Plex app hangs if I enable pass-thru and my receiver isn't turned on, not really a problem since the layout of the app is so poor I don't really want to use it.

I detailed my experience here,

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/25743-does-anyone-here-use-emby-on-an-smarttv-running-android/

which aren't quite the same as what you see so that's a puzzle.

There has been a further v5.1.1 update since so I probably should check again.

The inbuilt player app just called "Video", there you can choose a DLNA server or Files on USB. It would be great, if Emby can use this player to play Videofiles

Vidman

The android mobile app has external player support... You could try that to see if it works OK... But you may have issues controlling it as the mobile app is not remote control friendly

Edited by Vidman

Are you running the beta of the ATV app?

Can you tell what version of Android your TV is running?

Hey ebr,

Emby App is v. 1.1.14g, should be beta, right? Android TV is v. 5.1.1.

Maybe i will try the mobile app (only to see if it works). The TV has also an inbuilt Chromecast-Receiver, but its the same there: no 5.1, only stereo.

@ebr: do you plan external player support for the Android TV app in future releases?

Edited by mmb

Well, there appears to be a problem with DD on Android 5.1 and these devices so the last beta release is only allowing DD to pass-thru on the NP (which now has 6.0).

5.1.1 isn't an official Android API level so I'll have to see if I can determine that version.  If so, I can try and allow the pass-thru and you can see if it works.

• Like 1

@ebr: Since the last Update (1.1.16G) Dolby Digital is working again. Thank you. DTS ist still in stereo. I have some files with dts and dd 5.1 sound. When i try to change the audiotrack from dts to dd the app totaly crashes and i have to restart it manually again. Is this issue already known?

@ebr: Since the last Update (1.1.16G) Dolby Digital is working again. Thank you. DTS ist still in stereo. I have some files with dts and dd 5.1 sound. When i try to change the audiotrack from dts to dd the app totaly crashes and i have to restart it manually again. Is this issue already known?

No, sounds like a bug in VLC but can you tell me the time that this happened and the name of the Emby user?

That happends every time, i try to change the audiotrack. Last time was today. My Name of the Enby user is MEDIACENTER, but i don't use Emby Connect (if its important for that).

My TV will probably become Android TV v.6 soon in November or December, will this maybe help at the sound problems?

That happends every time, i try to change the audiotrack. Last time was today. My Name of the Enby user is MEDIACENTER, but i don't use Emby Connect (if its important for that).

My TV will probably become Android TV v.6 soon in November or December, will this maybe help at the sound problems?

Not sure.  I found your error report and it is VLC crashing when you try to switch streams.  Sorry I don't have more information than that.