Android TV App

Luke

viziofire

I believe you when you say it doesn't work but Google Play store says, "Requires Android 4.2 and up"

Edited by viziofire

manf0001

I'm enjoying the AndroidTV app.  works great very fluid and easy.   I didn't see it.  but would love it if you could incorporate the option to play my music library.  I like to play my music over my TV, and that would be great.

Also can't wait until the normal Android App, supports the Syncing option, want to sync my songs to my phone for offline playback.

Keep up the good work..  :)

No, it doesn't currently support music but I'm sure it will in the future (can't say when).

• 2 weeks later...
brainfryd

Hi 

Have a Hisense K390 65in TV running on Android 4.2.2 and can't get this app to open after installing. It shows in the play store and does install the TV app now, but doesn't show in Apps list and when viewing the installed app in Google play has no 'open' option only an uninstall button as per pictures attached.

5546c0fa51309_20150504_092441.jpg

5546c1244cf61_20150504_092424.jpg

5546c16043668_20150504_092314.jpg

Just wondering if the app is looking for something else that the TV may not be reporting .. I have been able to run the original android app on this unit after allowing extra apps in developer setting . I can't see any logs as the app has never fired

Regards

Brett

Edited by brainfryd

hifiaudio2

What is the difference in this app and the normal Android app?  Will this app work on Android phones, etc, as well?

What is the difference in this app and the normal Android app?  Will this app work on Android phones, etc, as well?

The normal one is for mobile devices. This one can run on anything but it's designed for tv usage.

jdannels

Do playlists work on Android TV with the Emby client?? Also, tried to cast from emby for android to my Asus Nexus Player and on single files (one movie or episode) it works fine unless you ask it to send a playlist. Then nothing.

Do playlists work on Android TV with the Emby client?? Also, tried to cast from emby for android to my Asus Nexus Player and on single files (one movie or episode) it works fine unless you ask it to send a playlist. Then nothing.

Not at this time.

However, the NP is a chromecast target so you could make it work that way.

CBers

If I open a TV episode that I have previously watched, the Green Tick is displayed, but if you then go into the Details page, it can say Never Played.

I know if you watch something via the app, then the details page is updated with Watched xxxx ago.

So, there seems to be something awry with displaying this information.

Edited by CBers

Did you watch those items through an Emby app or just mark them watched? 

CBers

Did you watch those items through an Emby app or just mark them watched? 

Emby.

Mainly the FTV.

Thinking about it, most of my older TV episodes were most probably watched via MBC or the Samsung app.

Also, some of those older episodes were replaced by newer HD episodes, so they may have just been marked watched via the server.

Either way, shouldn't the details page reflect that - if no known date, couldn't it just say "Watched some time ago" ??

Where does it get the watched date information from ??

There is a last played date as a part of user data but you have to actually watch it via Emby for it to be set.  Manually marking something watched doesn't set the last played date because you didn't play it.

CBers

But I may have played it in MB2.6.

So is there no way of updating that field or changing the message.

The watched status is there, so just need the message amending?

• 2 weeks later...
freebs

I have the Android app installed on my Nexus 10.

Is there anyway to remove notification on the top left corner of new or upcoming shows ?

Can't seem to remove them and don't want them there.

Thanks!

@@freebs settings >> apps >> emby

c3e94428f31e3fb242587d2866a177a5.jpg

Uncheck show notifications like I have.

Do as speechless recommends if you are running the app on a device other than a true Android TV device.

freebs

ahhh thank you.. that did the trick.

should have thought of that myself, but I was looking in the app settings itself.

Thanks again!

I just bought the lifetime membership... great job on things so far!!

I just have to figure out my tvheadend and I'll be really happy  :)

Edited by freebs