Android TV App

Luke

Ok I now can change servers / add server and when I load .63 with two servers configured I'm no longer getting the crash that I was. Thanks.

So you can now log in to both servers without issue?

So you can now log in to both servers without issue?

That is correct, before when I managed to get two servers in the app somehow it would run into a problem and tell me to send the log on the server select screen. Now when I open the app to the server select screen there is no error or request to send a log.

• Like 2

Am i suppose to be creating threads for feature requests, if so let me know. Besides a way to turn off the backdrops throughout the interface until you get inside the series item or movie item the other visual feature we are really after is a way to either have a focus frame throughout the interface or if that's not a option, how about an option choice for dimming unselected items? We feel like sometimes its really hard to tell where the focus is sitting, so either of these choices would help the user.

either have a focus frame throughout the interface or if that's not a option, how about an option choice for dimming unselected items? We feel like sometimes its really hard to tell where the focus is sitting, so either of these choices would help the user.

Neither one of those things are standard practice in this interface.  I'm using standard components of the interface framework for all of this to try and follow the device interface as much as possible.

Non-focused rows do dim but not the other posters on the row. 

Neither one of those things are standard practice in this interface.  I'm using standard components of the interface framework for all of this to try and follow the device interface as much as possible.

Non-focused rows do dim but not the other posters on the row. 

Ok thanks for the explanation.

You should see improved image loading and performance.

@@CBers have you checked this out?  Should be a pretty noticeable improvement.  Maybe not as much on the Shield since it is pretty darned fast but definitely on a Fire TV.

MSattler

@@CBers have you checked this out?  Should be a pretty noticeable improvement.  Maybe not as much on the Shield since it is pretty darned fast but definitely on a Fire TV.

I can check this in a bit.  Out of curiosity, does it fix the issue of images not being cached by chance?  For instance in previous versions, when scrolling to the right through movies of a large library, many times the images first display would be wrong as they had not refreshed to the movies that was now listed with the title.  Basically the scrolling through the list was fast, but the images were slow to update.

Will check it on a Shield shortly.

MSattler

I can check this in a bit.  Out of curiosity, does it fix the issue of images not being cached by chance?  For instance in previous versions, when scrolling to the right through movies of a large library, many times the images first display would be wrong as they had not refreshed to the movies that was now listed with the title.  Basically the scrolling through the list was fast, but the images were slow to update.

Will check it on a Shield shortly.

So it looks like the beta does resolved the scrolling issues for me, with images taking longer to load, etc.

CBers

@@CBers have you checked this out? Should be a pretty noticeable improvement. Maybe not as much on the Shield since it is pretty darned fast but definitely on a Fire TV.

I didn't have a chance to watch anything last night, but I'll have a look tonight.

MrWebsmith

well im not keith, but YES ive noticed that the last couple builds are much nicer/faster on my FTV gen 1...  i no longer have the NP, and i havent tried the shield on a build, but i also havent gotten any complaints from the wife.. so no news is good news lol

• Like 1

So it looks like the beta does resolved the scrolling issues for me, with images taking longer to load, etc.

Yes, images in those list should come in pretty quickly (depending on connection speed).  This is most noticeable in the grid view.  And, as you scroll back and forth, you should no longer see the issue where the wrong posters show for a second or two before being replaced.

• Like 2

CBers

@@CBers have you checked this out? Should be a pretty noticeable improvement. Maybe not as much on the Shield since it is pretty darned fast but definitely on a Fire TV.

Just checked it out on both the FTV and NP.

It's very swish :)

I did have a couple of freezes/crashes on the NP whilst looking at my photos, so you should have dumps for them.

I couldn't replicate on the FTV though.

Thanks.

I did, thanks.  The version that just went up a bit ago should address some of those crashes while browsing around.

CBers

I did, thanks.  The version that just went up a bit ago should address some of those crashes while browsing around.

OK, thanks.

I'll update and see if I can break it again :)

Pancho
Emby Server - Version 3.0.5882.0 (running under Unraid 6.1.9 docker on 128GB SSD)
Nvidia Shield TV - Android 6.0
Android TV - 1.1.66g  

Issues too with the Nvidia Shield.    Emby app ver 1.1.66g froze on me multiple times where I receive the 'Emby Isn't Responding'.    I can easily re-create it:

Play a music track

Exit all the way back to the main screen (make sure you are on the Green Navigation Menu)

Quickly scroll down toward Live TV/Latest Recordings  (Usually freezes about Latest Movies)

I have noticed that the song will continue to play in the background.   I was unclear how to send logs since the app froze.    What I did was close Emby, come back in & clicked on 'send logs'.   Let me know if that didn't work.

Okay, thanks guys.  Your steps to reproduce this are actually the following:

- Go into app and then enter one of your top libraries

- Scroll down to where the view buttons display in that library

- Back out to the home screen and scroll down so that the settings icons display

- [boom]

You can confirm that causes the issue for you with .66 and then, when you get .67, that it no longer does.  Thanks.

• Like 2

rarefc3s

Is it still normal behavior to not be able to fast forward recorded TV shows? I tired this on a Nexus Player last night and if I tried to move forward it would go back to the very beginning of the video. I tried it both via the app on the Nexus Player using it's remote control and also via my App on my phone to the Chromecast. Nothing I tried would fast forward. I'm guessing it is a transcoding issue with wtv files? I'm using serverWMC and not the native DVR features. I did try out Schedules Direct and recorded one show via Emby. I liked this very much but I have a Ceton card and want to use it in combination with my HDHome Run Prime for 7 tuners total. If this is a non-issue with native tv support then I might get another Prime. Anyone want a Ceton PCI card?

Edited by rarefc3s

Seeking in our recorded TV files should work fine.  I am not sure about .wtv.  Is it transcoding those?  You are running the beta of the app?

rarefc3s

Seeking in our recorded TV files should work fine.  I am not sure about .wtv.  Is it transcoding those?  You are running the beta of the app?

Yes it transcodes wtv files. The file is 1080 video and 5.1 surround and I am on the beta but did not notice what version last night. If i pressed the forward button it would "advance" the video to 00:00. I'm going to tell my son to start setting all his recordings up via the native Emby App/DVR and see how that goes.

CBers

Okay, thanks guys. Your steps to reproduce this are actually the following:

- Go into app and then enter one of your top libraries

- Scroll down to where the view buttons display in that library

- Back out to the home screen and scroll down so that the settings icons display

- [boom]

You can confirm that causes the issue for you with .66 and then, when you get .67, that it no longer does. Thanks.

If that was in response to my crashes recently, I don't use Smart Screen, just the Grid.

I fun change to Smart Screen and confirmed your hypothesis.

After updating to 67 I can't reproduce.

Will update Nexus Player and confirm that as well.