Android TV App

Luke

Got a free Nexus player thanks to Smith, I created a bug problem when trying to switch between two servers and used the send to developer feature. This will be the wife's primary device now, so you might be hearing from me more often.

Edited by BAS
  • Like 1

Got a free Nexus player thanks to Smith, I created a bug problem when trying to switch between two servers and used the send to developer feature. This will be the wife's primary device now, so you might be hearing from me more often.

What was the problem?

Kramerika

I have a direct audio issue on the Shield TV.  I can get DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1 sound perfectly.  When it shows me DTS (ES) 6.1 sound, I get a "Video playback error - failed to load video" error, and it spins without ever playing.  If I switch the audio to compatible mode, it works fine although I get no DD or DTS sound, only Pro Logic at best.  If there is no fix for this, I might convert those few movies to DTS or DD 5.1 if I can, but I'd rather keep the original audio stream.

I sent some logs from several movies that had this failure.  My account is "MediaServer".  The movies were Austin Powers Goldmember, The Fellowship of the Ring, and The Two Towers.

Also, is it possible that Emby will ever support automatic refresh rate switching to get 24p like Kodi can do on the Shield TV?  That and my above issue are the only missing pieces for Emby to be absolutely perfect for me for movies right now.

raven-au

I have a direct audio issue on the Shield TV.  I can get DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1 sound perfectly.  When it shows me DTS (ES) 6.1 sound, I get a "Video playback error - failed to load video" error, and it spins without ever playing.  If I switch the audio to compatible mode, it works fine although I get no DD or DTS sound, only Pro Logic at best.  If there is no fix for this, I might convert those few movies to DTS or DD 5.1 if I can, but I'd rather keep the original audio stream.

I sent some logs from several movies that had this failure.  My account is "MediaServer".  The movies were Austin Powers Goldmember, The Fellowship of the Ring, and The Two Towers.

Also, is it possible that Emby will ever support automatic refresh rate switching to get 24p like Kodi can do on the Shield TV?  That and my above issue are the only missing pieces for Emby to be absolutely perfect for me for movies right now.

I can't remember now what the error I saw was when I reported this some time ago but, yes, the Emby player chokes on 7 channels.

I converted my shows to 6 channels since it seemed no-one cared enough to resolve it.

Ian

What was the problem?

it identified my local server correctly, and all worked as expected. I then went to manual connect and entered a second external server via ip address and connected. Now every time I launch the app it comes up with report to developer and eventually goes to a server select screen. When I select the server the last user signed in on that server is not remembered which on the external is a matter of typing a username and password every time.

Okay, then I cannot see the logs you sent (that provider went belly up on me).

If you are willing to install the beta and can reproduce the issue, then I will be able to see the log.  Thanks.

Kramerika

I can't remember now what the error I saw was when I reported this some time ago but, yes, the Emby player chokes on 7 channels.

I converted my shows to 6 channels since it seemed no-one cared enough to resolve it.

Ian

Bummer.  Thanks for the info.

rarefc3s

TV, Live or Recorded, on my Nexus Player is not direct playing, it transcodes. It is a bigger problem when watching a recorded show and then trying to fast forward. I checked on the server side and ffmpeg is pegging the processor and canceling the playback frees it up. The recordings I have tried are all from CBS (1080 HD) with 5.1 channel surround. If I try to switch to the alternate audio (sap) it is stereo but narrated and still has the same problem. I need to test the Shield out and see if I have the same happening on it.

This was on what I think is the latest beta, I think it was 1.1.61g. I'm only connected remotely right now but can check logs when local to my server.

post-95771-0-57837500-1457641047_thumb.png

Edited by rarefc3s

Kramerika

That should all be different with the new beta.  You might want to try with that.  Android Open Beta Testing

I became part of the beta a while ago.  I am on version 1.1.60g.  Is that the latest beta?  If not, how do I get the latest?  I thought it auto-updated.  I am still having the DTS ES 6.1 issue with whatever version that I do have.

rarefc3s

TV, Live or Recorded, on my Nexus Player is not direct playing, it transcodes. It is a bigger problem when watching a recorded show and then trying to fast forward. I checked on the server side and ffmpeg is pegging the processor and canceling the playback frees it up. The recordings I have tried are all from CBS (1080 HD) with 5.1 channel surround. If I try to switch to the alternate audio (sap) it is stereo but narrated and still has the same problem. I need to test the Shield out and see if I have the same happening on it.

This was on what I think is the latest beta, I think it was 1.1.61g. I'm only connected remotely right now but can check logs when local to my server.

I just found another post by @@ebr which clears up the recorded TV part for me. .wtv gets transcoded regardless and that makes sense. Still seeking is problematic as I can't skip commercials, it freezes. I'll try live tv more and see what happens.

ice pube

Playlists are missing for me in the ATV stable client. I can't remember when I last saw them. Server is stable version windows. I can see them fine in the web client and Android app. 

rubenverhoef

is it possible to have global search integration :) so i can search for a emby movie at the Android TV home screen That would be great!

• Like 1

Playlists are missing for me in the ATV stable client. I can't remember when I last saw them. Server is stable version windows. I can see them fine in the web client and Android app. 

Playlists are displayed inside of the Music library.

Video playlists are not supported yet.

Ok the box finally got the beta and I can't recreate my problem as it seems impossible to change servers in the beta version of the app. I'm looking for a way to change between two servers easily and if possible remember the last user logged in on both servers.

Set the start up behavior to "Show Login".

If you have multiple servers then it will show you a server selection screen first.

It isn't going to remember login credentials for multiple servers though.

Edit: However, if you use Emby Connect, then you could have multiple servers with remembered credentials for each of them.

I had emby connect setup, I never get presented a server select screen.  I also tried the show login thing, which did work in official not beta. It's always finding the last local server I connected to and I see no way to change server or enter a server manually? I'm about to head to that room right now and mess some more with it and see if I'm missing something.

Edited by BAS

Is the Emby Connect user a guest or link on both of the servers?  It needs to be the same user linked to the multiple servers.

If you are going straight to a user selection screen then that means there is only one known server so there is nothing else to select.

Ok I'm back after a complete server upgrade, so now I got two of my same local server showing thanks to dupe entry for my local server. Which generated the server select screen you speak of. As for the emby connect, you are correct as I'm not linked on the other server with the service. Thanks to the dual versions glitch of my server I get the chance to manually enter a server finally. When I now open the app with this server select screen setup I get the error prompt and to send a log, when I send the log emby completely freezes no response.

So I guess what I'm asking, besides Logout as an option, can we have change server similar to the Roku and also some way to enter a server manually and cleaning up this crash im getting when I have multiple servers configured would be nice. I can't be the only one who does this and is still looking forward to an Emby Connect offering of linking the servers contents.

Anyways, you know how to get a hold of me and if you need an extra server to test on let me know. Some notes from the wife...

A way to turn off the backdrops just on the main home screen? She finds the scrolling of the this entire home screen interface with backdrops present in this area very distracting and I tend to agree.

Some way for her to see what series she has scheduled for live tv and a way to possibly manage that via the app

Next up works nothing like the Roku and the server web client or even the android phone client, the next up area is putting in brand new stuff and while nice, would be better under a latest...it just seems like a disconnect, just wonder if a user could have a way to use the standard next up from server and other apps.

She's loving the speed and overall functionality of the interface but those are some things with a few days with it.

Edited by BAS

Some way for her to see what series she has scheduled for live tv and a way to possibly manage that via the app

Go into the Recorded TV area (first blue icon on recent recordings or from Live TV library) and it will show items that are scheduled in the near future.  Click on one and you can cancel it if you wish (click on the record icon again to turn it off).

Next up works nothing like the Roku and the server web client or even the android phone client, the next up area is putting in brand new stuff and while nice, would be better under a latest...it just seems like a disconnect, just wonder if a user could have a way to use the standard next up from server and other apps.

This is a feature specific to this app but it isn't really "nothing like" the other apps.  The only thing it is doing is inserting up to three new "Episode 1s" that are in your library.  This feature allows you to see series that are completely watched but have a new season starting that might not show up otherwise, or would be way at the end of the list because it has been a long time since you watched them.

Most feedback for this has been good.  In fact, you are the first one to say they don't like it.

On the connection/log problem, a new beta is on its way up right now that will allow you to send a log without it freezing.  Something is going wrong in the connection to the remote server and I cannot reproduce it so I've yet to find what it is.

Switch server will be added to the user login screen.

Go into the Recorded TV area (first blue icon on recent recordings or from Live TV library) and it will show items that are scheduled in the near future.  Click on one and you can cancel it if you wish (click on the record icon again to turn it off).

OK I'll mess with this more when we get a few more recordings in here, dropped TWC Cable Card and am now using a 50ft tower with antenna so need to get a few more things in here to record etc and I'll revisit this.

This is a feature specific to this app but it isn't really "nothing like" the other apps.  The only thing it is doing is inserting up to three new "Episode 1s" that are in your library.  This feature allows you to see series that are completely watched but have a new season starting that might not show up otherwise, or would be way at the end of the list because it has been a long time since you watched them.

Most feedback for this has been good.  In fact, you are the first one to say they don't like it.

Now that I understand the logic that's fine, I'll revisit this as well when I get more time with the box.

On the connection/log problem, a new beta is on its way up right now that will allow you to send a log without it freezing.  Something is going wrong in the connection to the remote server and I cannot reproduce it so I've yet to find what it is.

Switch server will be added to the user login screen.

Welp I got the new beta, but my dupe local server has been removed so I'm back to waiting on a change server button. I don't think that was in the latest beta I got. Thanks.

Okay, I just put .63 up which has a switch server button on the user selection screen.

• Like 2

Ok I now can change servers / add server and when I load .63 with two servers configured I'm no longer getting the crash that I was. Thanks.

• Like 1