Movie Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

radeon

I've been waiting too long for these plugins to come back. LOL  I was about to do a fresh install of the stable release to get this working.  should I hang out a bit and wait?

Well this will need to be fixed so I'd just wait, you can be my tester!

radeon

Sounds Good! I'll wait to hear from you and then report back.

@@Scott310 OK, 1.5.1.0 is up for beta, should hopefully fix things for you!

• Like 1

Do I need to rebuy? I don't have a problem with it if I do, but I bought these in 2016 and I can't seem to get it to register.

Nyquis

Quick question, does this plugin work in the emby android app? And if not, are there any plans to make that happen. It doesnt seem to work on the android app on my shiled. Oh, it works on the web app on my pc, but all the movies show a single video; the video for the movie 13 hours, which I have in my database.

radeon

Quick question, does this plugin work in the emby android app? And if not, are there any plans to make that happen. It doesnt seem to work on the android app on my shiled. Oh, it works on the web app on my pc, but all the movies show a single video; the video for the movie 13 hours, which I have in my database.

Well the plugin doesn't technically work with anything as such. It doesn't handle anything other than the metadata so assuming the app supports theme videos then this will grab the metadata for that. 

Do I need to rebuy? I don't have a problem with it if I do, but I bought these in 2016 and I can't seem to get it to register.

Yup, anyone within the last six months gets a free upgrade. I did put out a post asking what people thought about the different ways of release. 

Everything is working great now thanks @@radeon!

Woop!

Out of interest, where does it look for these videos on the Internet?

Pixie hosts! ;-)

Nyquis

Well the plugin doesn't technically work with anything as such. It doesn't handle anything other than the metadata so assuming the app supports theme videos then this will grab the metadata for that. 

Where is the metadata stored? I think the problem may be that the vids are not stored where or how the app is expecting it to be. Let me know and I will take a look at it. It works fine on emby theatre, but not in the android app. The movie theme video plugin does not work, it just shows the same movie theme video for all my movies. Do you know why this is. 

Thanks again

Edited by Nyquis

radeon

Where is the metadata stored? I think the problem may be that the vids are not stored where or how the app is expecting it to be. Let me know and I will take a look at it. It works fine on emby theatre, but not in the android app. The movie theme video plugin does not work, it just shows the same movie theme video for all my movies. Do you know why this is. 

Thanks again

They're stored in the place emby requires them to be store for sure. if they weren't none of the clients would be able to see them.

They're in a hidden backdrops folder in the root of said media, for example, if you have "c:\friends\season 01" a backdrop would go in "c:\friends\backdrops\theme.mp4" or if a movie then "c:\die hard\backdrops\theme.mp4"

Edited by radeon

jachin99

I'm glad these are back up!!  I would also like to see the YTrailers plugin resurrected, and put in the Emby catalogue.  Its really useful to get around the problem of URLs being too long for some clients to properly play web trailers (For EMC in particular).  My question is how can I be sure my plugins are activated?  I'm not getting new backdrops for common movies like star wars episode 7?  Thanks

Nyquis

They're stored in the place emby requires them to be store for sure. if they weren't none of the clients would be able to see them.

They're in a hidden backdrops folder in the root of said media, for example, if you have "c:\friends\season 01" a backdrop would go in "c:\friends\backdrops\theme.mp4" or if a movie then "c:\die hard\backdrops\theme.mp4"

Thanks for the response man. Will look at it and try to find out whats up

Overseer

I paid and downloaded both the TV and Movie plug-ins for the server.  When I go into the settings page for either plug-in I and try to save normalization I get the following error:

Exception of type 'MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.ResourceNotFoundException' was thrown.

I am running 1.5.1.0 of the plug-ins and server beta 3..4.1.14.

Log attached.

Thanks.

log.txt

radeon

I paid and downloaded both the TV and Movie plug-ins for the server.  When I go into the settings page for either plug-in I and try to save normalization I get the following error:

Exception of type 'MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.ResourceNotFoundException' was thrown.
I am running 1.5.1.0 of the plug-ins and server beta 3..4.1.14.

Log attached.

Thanks.

Hmm, strange, I'm not seeing that on release or beta. Can you try a CTRL+F5 on the config pages to see if that helps? Maybe something was cached, has happened before.

When you say you go into the settings page, you get that error, what are the exact steps? You go in, change the Target Max Volume, hit save and you get an error on screen or you're then going into the logs and seeing the error? I'm getting neither. :-/

Overseer

Hmm, strange, I'm not seeing that on release or beta. Can you try a CTRL+F5 on the config pages to see if that helps? Maybe something was cached, has happened before.

When you say you go into the settings page, you get that error, what are the exact steps? You go in, change the Target Max Volume, hit save and you get an error on screen or you're then going into the logs and seeing the error? I'm getting neither. :-/

I go to the settings page for the plug-in (either one), I check the box for normalize (Yank spelling) audio and input -15 in the target box.  I go to click SAVE and I get the error shown.  I have uninstalled the plug-ins, stopped the server, cleaned out the plug-ins folder of any leftover riff-raff, restarted the server, reinstalled the plug-ins, restarted the server, and still get the same error message.  CTRL-F5 does not solve the error. No .xml file is saved in the configurations folder for the plug-in either.

Further investigation makes me believe that there is an issue with my server installation as now I get the same message with my other plug-ins.  Looks like I'll need to do a clean install of the server and try again.

Thanks for the assist and I hope everything is going well on your side of the pond.

OK! So I've waited around 24 hours to see what the general feedback is and this is what I've done with it all. 

The Theme Song plugins will be back! I was kinda hoping people didn't much want them as they are a bit of a pain but apparently people like them more than I thought so they will be back! I'll look to getting them released next week. 

As for the Movie Theme Video and Tv Theme Video plugins, well they're back! 

You can pick up all 4 for £4. Just head to http://www.ballingtons.com/products and buy the "EMBY THEME MEDIA 4 PACK"

Just buy from there, download via the normal emby catalog within your dashboards, give emby a restart and you should be good to go. 

Oh, and if you've bought the pack within the last 6 months, drop me an email or PM with your details and I'll make sure you get sorted out. :-)

Thanks Radeon, very much looking forward to getting the theme songs back too!

• Like 1

GhostRider

Hi @@radeon, glad to see things are getting better for you now.

Re the plugins - are there any plans to have some means to feed back on the quality of the backdrop etc? Sometimes they are not backdrops but are actually trailers, sometimes not in english, sometimes even for the wrong movie. Would be good to have mechanism to flag items for review and potential removal from the master catalog.

Edited by GhostRider
  • Like 1

radeon

Hi @@radeon, glad to see things are getting better for you now.

Re the plugins - are there any plans to have some means to feed back on the quality of the backdrop etc? Sometimes they are not backdrops but are actually trailers, sometimes not in english, sometimes even for the wrong movie. Would be good to have mechanism to flag items for review and potential removal from the master catalog.

Yo! Ta man! Been a bit of a nightmare few months really! Not much is better in all honesty, I've sent my parents away on holiday so had a little time to get things sorted here and these came first! 

Definitely plans to do feedback. I want to make it part of the hosted section with a hookin from the plugin config page or something.  Tie it to peoples premier keys so it's accessed by real users. 

Schimi

HI,

it´s possible to pay without paypal?

In the past it worked, but since a few months they want me to create a account (if I select German)... but I don´t want it :-) 

jachin99

@@radeon.  I have purchased the plugins but I still get this in my log

Info App: Movie Theme Videos Registration Status - Registered: False In trial: True Expiration Date: 6/29/2018 12:00:00 AM Is Valid: True
2018-06-15 19:19:43.887 Info App: Movie Theme Videos
2018-06-15 19:19:43.887 Info App: In Trial - Downloading movie theme videos is only allowed for Registered Users
2018-06-15 19:19:43.887 Info TaskManager: Download Local Movie Theme Videos Completed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds
2018-06-15 19:19:43.898 Info ServerManager: Sending web socket message ScheduledTaskEnded

Is there a way I can get TV & Movie theme video plugins activated?

kingy444

Info App: Movie Theme Videos Registration Status - Registered: False In trial: True Expiration Date: 6/29/2018 12:00:00 AM Is Valid: True
2018-06-15 19:19:43.887 Info App: In Trial - Downloading movie theme videos is only allowed for Registered Users
2018-06-15 19:19:43.887 Info TaskManager: Download Local Movie Theme Videos Completed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds
2018-06-15 19:19:43.898 Info ServerManager: Sending web socket message ScheduledTaskEnded

think there have been a couple of us with this error, @@radeon is aware, but the issue seems to be cache/timing related - ie. its sorted itself out overnight without needing to do anything

• Like 1

radeon

PM me our payal and emby premier email addresses and I'll makes sure you're licenced

InnKeepNY

Dumb Question -

Are we supposed to be using the stable or beta release? I'm using a Synology NAS w/ stable and the only plugin that is showing up currently is Movie Theme Songs. Just curious what I'm doing wrong. The weird thing is that as a few weeks ago they were all there but obviously not usable. Any suggestions or ideas?

@@radeon - I know you updated my keys but that shouldn't matter whether it shows up on the plug in page correct? I'm so sorry if I missed something in the thread.

radeon

Dumb Question -

Are we supposed to be using the stable or beta release? I'm using a Synology NAS w/ stable and the only plugin that is showing up currently is Movie Theme Songs. Just curious what I'm doing wrong. The weird thing is that as a few weeks ago they were all there but obviously not usable. Any suggestions or ideas?

@@radeon - I know you updated my keys but that shouldn't matter whether it shows up on the plug in page correct? I'm so sorry if I missed something in the thread.

Well only those which your version of emby server should show on the plugin catalog. Have you downloaded the new releases? And what version of emby server are you running. You'll need to be running at least 3.3.0 to get the new versions of my plugins. 

Sammy

Do these work on Roku or AndroidTV?

If I bought them a few years ago do I need to buy them again?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk