Movie Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

mediacowboy

I would gladly repay full price for these. They make my media collection that much better.

Crestj

1) Song plugins. They will eventually come if people want them but do you? Is it worth the time? 

2) What are people expecting in terms of the upgrade path, free or paid?  If it went Paid, anyone who has bought since they started to go down around 6 months ago with the change to Core would get the upgrade for free. Anyone else could buy at a reduced rate for the next couple of months via my website, something like 4 quid for the main 4.

1. I personally wouldn't use the song plugin so cannot really comment on that.

2. I think the reduced rate for a short period and full afterwards is absolutely fine. Everyone who's on this thread would almost certainly jump straight into that initial period. For all those adding this plugin later £4 is a steal!

StLDreiling

OK, so I'm almost ready to release the two Video plugins. It's a rewrite of pretty much the lot but the general functionality is the same as before, just supporting the new .NET CORE.

What are people thoughts on a couple of things...

1) Song plugins. They will eventually come if people want them but do you? Is it worth the time? 

2) What are people expecting in terms of the upgrade path, free or paid?  If it went Paid, anyone who has bought since they started to go down around 6 months ago with the change to Core would get the upgrade for free. Anyone else could buy at a reduced rate for the next couple of months via my website, something like 4 quid for the main 4.

Can people give me genuine and honest feedback, I'm not set on anything, just want to know what people think. 

Ta!

1) Yes, please. All but a couple client apps don't support video backdrops (yet), and even though guys like ebr have stated that video backdrops should come to all platforms, it may not be technically possible on platforms like Roku. The theme song is a great backstop for the experience when video themes aren't available.

2) @@radeon, that's a very generous offer. I personally plan on paying full price regardless, but your solution seems more than fair.

Crestj

Sorry I thought you meant there was a SONG Plugin related to the Music libraries! I DO use the theme music if the video backdrops are not available so would definitely use this option as mentioned by @@StLDreiling.

Edited by Crestj
  • Like 3

mediacowboy

I would love to have back the video and the theme song plugins. On my mobile I love the theme song but on my 10 foot ui I love the videos.

Edited by mediacowboy
  • Like 1

kingy444

definitly use theme music in addition to the theme videos

love them both

Thanks for the hard work

radeon

OK! So I've waited around 24 hours to see what the general feedback is and this is what I've done with it all. 

The Theme Song plugins will be back! I was kinda hoping people didn't much want them as they are a bit of a pain but apparently people like them more than I thought so they will be back! I'll look to getting them released next week. 

As for the Movie Theme Video and Tv Theme Video plugins, well they're back! 

You can pick up all 4 for £4. Just head to http://www.ballingtons.com/products and buy the "EMBY THEME MEDIA 4 PACK"

Just buy from there, download via the normal emby catalog within your dashboards, give emby a restart and you should be good to go. 

Oh, and if you've bought the pack within the last 6 months, drop me an email or PM with your details and I'll make sure you get sorted out. :-)

Edited by radeon
  • Like 4

mediacowboy

OK! So I've waited around 24 hours to see what the general feedback is and this is what I've done with it all.

The Theme Song plugins will be back! I was kinda hoping people didn't much want them as they are a bit of a pain but apparently people like them more than I thought so they will be back! I'll look to getting them released next week.

As for the Movie Theme Video and Tv Theme Video plugins, well they're back!

You can pick up all 4 for £4. Just head to http://www.ballingtons.com/products and buy the "EMBY THEME MEDIA 4 PACK"

Just buy from there, download via the normal emby catalog within your dashboards, give emby a restart and you should be good to go.

Oh, and if you've bought the pack within the last 6 months, drop me an email or PM with your details and I'll make sure you get sorted out. :-)

Thanks for your hard work. I would love to buy all four plugins individually at full price not a group discount to show you the support you deserve. Is that possible?

radeon

Thanks for your hard work. I would love to buy all four plugins individually at full price not a group discount to show you the support you deserve. Is that possible?

That's a very generous offer but you really don't have to. I don't think there is a way to buy them at full price as a bundle on the emby catalog so I have left the other one there on http://www.ballingtons.com/products for £10 so if people want to buy the full price one then I guess they can but I'll leave that choice up to you. 

Crestj

Purchased and installed.

One thing I noticed is that it still had the list of video backdrops that it had installed from a previous install.

Not sure if this is an issue as I cleared both lists from both plugins before running the scheduled tasks.

One question, how would you add your own video backdrop if you found one? I'm assuming the videos are downloaded to an Emby folder somewhere as I see nothing in the TV shows / Movies folders.

Edited by Crestj

radeon

One thing I noticed is that it still had the list of video backdrops that it had installed from a previous install.

Not sure if this is an issue as I cleared both lists from both plugins before running the scheduled tasks.

Yeah that's very likely if you didn't delete the config files that go with the plugins. Not that it would make a difference. But doing a full clear down of the filters will redownload if missing.Just be sure to hit save at the bottom when you delete all.

One question, how would you add your own video backdrop if you found one? I'm assuming the videos are downloaded to an Emby folder somewhere as I see nothing in the TV shows / Movies folders.

Chuck the video in a hidden backdrops folder in the root of said media, for example, if you have "c:\friends\season 01" a backdrop would go in "c:\friends\backdrops\theme.mp4" or if a movie then "c:\die hard\backdrops\theme.mp4"

• Like 1

Scott310

So Happy These Are Back!!

Quick question:  I paid and installed but I'm getting this error when trying to download...

Method not found: 'Void MediaBrowser.Model.Notifications.NotificationRequest.set_UserIds(System.Collections.Generic.List`1)'.

radeon

Quick question:  I paid and installed but I'm getting this error when trying to download...

Method not found: 'Void MediaBrowser.Model.Notifications.NotificationRequest.set_UserIds(System.Collections.Generic.List`1)'.

hmm strange, I don't really use much if any notifications. Can you drop me a pm with your full log pls? 

Allan Cameron

Hopefully you get around to re-doing the Ytrailers plug-in. I really miss having that. Thanks for your hard work.

Happy2Play

Are you on beta server as almost all plugins got that error on 3.4.1.14, requiring updates.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

@@Happy2Play will it cause me any issues if I revert back to stable release on top of my beta version?

Yes as there are database changes that will not work in current stable release.

These are changes @@radeon will have to make for the next release.

Edited by Happy2Play

radeon

Yes as there are database changes that will not work in current stable release.

These are changes @@radeon will have to make for the next release.

already on it. hold fire people! Well...beta people!

• Like 2

Scott310

I've been waiting too long for these plugins to come back. LOL  I was about to do a fresh install of the stable release to get this working.  should I hang out a bit and wait?