Official Emby Logo Submission Thread

ebr

CBers

Really like sahebk and Joostzilla logos. Along with the flaming "e". Though just not sure flames fit in. Emby perhaps also a play on fire ember?

Very simple/minimalist plain colours, no gradients or 3D effects etc. Basically totally agree with Luke.

Anyway I did some very quick doodling myself, just to play with a couple concepts. They're very rough, really didn't spend much time on it. I probably prefer the first one, just for simplicity - others look a little busy.

5515ec2a2b883_emby.png

But you do need something that can work as a square icon as well. So a flaming e, play icon etc seems better in that regard.

Combined with sahebk's play icon.

5515ee55eb410_emby2.png

With a little colour...

5515ef95c512c_emby3.png

Perhaps the power cords should have a cut in them, as in "cut the cord" ;)

Steven

This is my favourite. I love the font, but I prefer the green. Maybe different plugins could use a different colour? Green for WMC, Red for MBT, Blue for server maybe?

I agree and I also love the font. Although the red and black is still very strong it has a slightly more sports look to it than green.

• Like 1

pir8radio

So now what...   I still haven't seen that logo that makes me think "that's the one" but there are plenty of great logos presented....   Does the MB team pick the top 5 or 10 submissions and then the users vote on one?  :-)

jedninjaro

I'm afraid i am no graphic design talent, but i do know a little photoshop!

so here's what my brain went with.

ofcourse the font for mby isn't set,

5516cffccb483_layout1.jpg

• Like 3

AdrianW

These last few are getting very busy and overly complicated.

IMO simple fonts and simple geometric shapes are vastly superior, they look better and scale to different sizes more easily.

• Like 3

syran

These last few are getting very busy and overly complicated.

IMO simple fonts and simple geometric shapes are vastly superior, they look better and scale to different sizes more easily.

What's wrong with mine? Maybe I can do something about it =)

shaefurr

And another try at this551810705e4a9_logo2nd.jpg

I love the look of this one, but its getting seriously close to the Kodi logo.

• Like 1

jedninjaro

I see your point Shaefurr! I never worked with kodi myself, so i dont know the logo.

ofcourse the colour can be changed, because there is a resemblance, but mostly in colour.

but then again! Kodi is supported by emby, so any resemblance should indeed be avoided.

55183daad1a4d_22.jpg

Joostzilla

I am afraid you put too much details in your designs. They are more like illustrations than logo's imho.

cshaun

What's wrong with mine? Maybe I can do something about it =)

I think the new modern trend, and also what will last the test of time is simplicity. Solid colours, no gradients, no drop shadows. Easy to read, scales up and down well. Can easily be used in black and white.

I think you're idea could work, but unlikely to make top hand full of picks. They play icon is a little to generic, and is affecting readability a bit.

• Like 1

cshaun

I see your point Shaefurr! I never worked with kodi myself, so i dont know the logo.

ofcourse the colour can be changed, because there is a resemblance, but mostly in colour.

but then again! Kodi is supported by emby, so any resemblance should indeed be avoided.

55183daad1a4d_22.jpg

Kodi logo is VERY nice, and well thought out. We need something of similar caliber - some designs not too far off, but I don't think we're there yet.

• Like 1

cshaun

We need a little more structure to this. Perhaps using one of the many logo design websites would help?

e.g. http://logotournament.com/

A small prize would be nice, but don't think it'd need to be very much. More for coming up with a logo for a fairly well known platform.

Here are my top 5 designs so far and some comments and thoughts.

All are fairly simple and easy to read. Colour can be looked at decided later. Other designs generally to busy, complex, etc.

1. Have a strong suspicion I've seen a similar icon elsewhere as part of a logo - can't remember what it was (might just be a local small company or something bigger). Looks a bit like a eye or a head. Fits in with the theme of 'watching' media. Fairly unique and recognizable.
  2. Maybe just a little simple. But looks like a power button or perhaps an eye. Fits in with theme. Just worry it's not unique enough, kind of like logos with play triangle (but better).
  3. Flame ties in with ember, not sure how well that ties in with the whole media platform, but could work. Probably quite a few logos with flames.
  4. Probably to simplistic and doesn't have a 'icon' e.g. for use as favicon.
  5. Play triangle a bit too generic, so changing it up a bit like this could work. Not sure the etched square is unique enough, have seen this concept a few times before.

551880e9e2501_embycombined.gif

• Like 1