Official Emby Logo Submission Thread

ebr

Angelblue05

I comes down to this...Blue? Kodi....Yellow/orange? Plex.... Red? Netflix..... What color would you suggest? :P I like the green...it's not neon green like Hulu at least. At this point, I guess every color will remind of other logos. The color can always be changed. What's important is the shape.

Green means go!, energy, movement. :)

Edited by Angelblue05

bennymac

You referring to something like this?

5511f8031d5f1_embyelogo.jpg

Wow..I really like the one's on the right. Awesome work.

• Like 1

aspdend

I comes down to this...Blue? Kodi....Yellow/orange? Plex.... Red? Netflix..... What color would you suggest? :P I like the green...it's not neon green like Hulu at least. At this point, I guess every color will remind of other logos. The color can always be changed. What's important is the shape.

Green means go!, energy, movement. :)

I agree that the main importance is the shape - but I was just struck by the fact everyone seems to have settled on a green logo in the latest proposals...I have all the artisitc talent of a cluster of blind hedgehogs...in a bag (to quote BlackAdder) or else I could be joining in with some options. I'm not sure what colour would be best, but afaik the colour is up for grabs and maybe some work better in one colour rather than others... 

• Like 3

Only downside on the above lovely logo the first letter, here i see it as Cmby, Gmby ..(for the second design).

Afraid I agree here.  If you don't already know it is emby then you are left guessing a bit at what that first letter is.

I laid out all the rules I wanted to in the first post. I specifically said I didn't want to restrict people's ideas (too much) at this point.  We want whatever input people want to provide.

How you provide that input is up to you but Angel makes a good point that, if you want full consideration of your design, you should present it in a number of scenarios (sizes, backgrounds, contexts). 

• Like 2

Cheesegeezer

You referring to something like this?

5511f8031d5f1_embyelogo.jpg

Awesome bud!!!!

p.s. love the new signature ;)

Tobiaspete

I noticed the letters making up emby all could have the same structure, rotated.  This idea would need a lot of refining, but I thought it was interesting:

5512c96df333f_EMBY1.png

For what it's worth, I like Joostzilla's submission...this one:

5512c9ece99f3_Joostzilla.jpg

• Like 1

ScottIsAFool

I noticed the letters making up emby all could have the same structure, rotated.  This idea would need a lot of refining, but I thought it was interesting:

5512c96df333f_EMBY1.png

Clever!

AdrianW

I like Joostzilla's designs - but I'm not a fan of the teardrop thing or the weird e shape with the play icon. 

The best one so far (as mentioned above) is this one:

I really like the simple symmetrical logo - it could even be a power button.

Edited by AdrianW

Cerothen

I like Joostzilla's designs - but I'm not a fan of the teardrop thing or the weird e shape with the play icon. 

I would have to say that I am in agreement. Its a solid logo design.

I like the simplicity and elegance but the icon does look like an "O" to me and then it is the Oregon Ducks.

Joostzilla

The reason i would opt for green is that it already has a strong association with MB3. I believe we don't need a new color per se.

Latchmor

5512c96df333f_EMBY1.png

For what it's worth, I like Joostzilla's submission...this one:

Yeah I was messing with the same idea last night, but it's not that great. Every letter is made up of the exact same 2 shapes.

5512ffd233a51_Capture.jpg

• Like 2

pir8radio

@@Joostzilla is on fire... this one looks spiffy too...    I feel like i'm on that show say yes to the dress logo.   "I just don't have that WOW factor yet".    :)

• Like 2

Cheesegeezer

Here is another attempt.

551301819fdb0_EmbyLogov7.jpg

Ooooooooo You Fu*?>^g Dancer

@@shaefurr you better pull your socks up mate, i think this is a front runner or a potential winner :P

Joost That is one sexy logo. :)

It's 2D but gives a 3D impression.

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 3

Cheesegeezer

Just thought..... does that make me a thember now with the logo change.  Couldn't get the y in there.... Yeah ok, i'll get my coat and watch that the door doesn't hit my ass on the way out. :(

Here is another attempt.

551301819fdb0_EmbyLogov7.jpg

No one else is seeing a "C" and, thus, the Cincinatti Reds...? Or cemby.

I like the text though.

• Like 1

Koleckai Silvestri

No one else is seeing a "C" and, thus, the Cincinatti Reds...? Or cemby.

I like the text though.

I don't see either of those to be honest. I don't follow sports and the logo is distinct enough to be separate from the word.

• Like 4

pir8radio

I AM NOT a graphics person... but maybe one of you more skilled people @@Joostzilla can make this idea into something cool?

You can use the sideways B  (mb) by itself as the icon logo...  maybe do something with it pretty it up, use a better font?   

55133b25da5f7_emby.png

Edited by pir8radio

Angelblue05

"B" is not very workable....it does look like a butt or boobs...or balls (now that I think about it, it would make sense they start with the letter B, haha) Basically, the only way to work with it is as a lowercase letter.