Official Emby Logo Submission Thread

ebr

I like these. I like the lowercase E better.

yeah, except I think it looks little too much like Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

That was my first though also, albeit it looks more like a lime than an apple, but who takes a bite out of a lime like that :D

I like the design though, I think it would be interesting to see it upside down with a play button in the centre. Don't know if it works.

post-2288-0-36265000-1427231514_thumb.png

Edited by KRA
  • Like 1

shaefurr

What if...

5511d11481f89_embymod.jpg

Do you think thats a bit too simple? I feel like its a generic play button just colored green.

techywarrior

What if the square around the play was the e? The "play" portion could be the horizontal line in the e even. Something along those lines... ?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I care about this product, but this thread is lacking structure.

Here's why:

• Where is this thread going? Is there a time frame we should submit our logos by?
  • People are commenting all over the place. This is a submission thread. It should remain objective. Comments can sap the creative flow.
  • A template should be provided. This allows to see if a logo meets certain requirements, like readability on light, dark backdrop, at small size (50px), etc. It also makes it easier to compare between entries.

This thread should be professional and structured. Currently, to people who might consider submitting a logo, it can come across as: "They have already set their mind on a specific design, why should I bother?"

This is, of course, my opinion. It's just something to think about.  ^_^

• Like 6

shaefurr

What if the square around the play was the e? The "play" portion could be the horizontal line in the e even. Something along those lines... ?

You referring to something like this?

5511f8031d5f1_embyelogo.jpg

• Like 7

techywarrior

Yes, exactly. I wasn't sure how it would come out but I personally think it's pretty cool. I like the ones on the right side where the logo replaces the e completely. And it obviously lends itself well to an icon.

shaefurr

I care about this product, but this thread is lacking structure.

Here's why:

• Where is this thread going? Is there a time frame we should submit our logos by?
  • People are commenting all over the place. This is a submission thread. It should remain objective. Comments can sap the creative flow.
  • A template should be provided. This allows to see if a logo meets certain requirements, like readability on light, dark backdrop, at small size (50px), etc. It also makes it easier to compare between entries.

This thread should be professional and structured. Currently, to people who might consider submitting a logo, it can come across as: "They have already set their mind on a specific design, why should I bother?"

This is, of course, my opinion. It's just something to think about.  ^_^

I can agree some guidelines would be helpful as long as they don't end up being too restrictive.

For the logo template, do you mean each logo that gets posted should be in a specific format? Which while that would be nice to have a standard for that, I think that too would turn away other people wanting to share their ideas. Not everyone is good in something like photoshop and might just want to thrown in whatever they made on pen/paper or in paint or something similar. (if thats what you meant)

Calling all graphic design talent - please help us create a new logo and branding for our new name.

We don't want to limit ideas too much so there won't be a lot of rules but here are a few guidelines to follow:

- The text/typeface should scale well up and down.  One of the issues with our current typeface is, while it looks very elegant at larger sizes, when you scale it down it gets too thin.

- The logo/icon should be virtually square (1:1 ratio).  This is also a problem with our current design as, again when scaled down, it does not work well because it is a wide screen ratio.

- It should work well on a variety of backgrounds.

- You should probably not try to emphasize the "MB" in the name.  When we first chose this name (many months ago) we thought maybe we wanted to do this by having those letters be a different color or something but all of the core team has moved away from this idea.  It may make sense now, when the name is brand new and to those of you who have been around a while but it won't make sense to new people and it probably won't make sense at all in a year or two.

That's it.  Everything else is up in the air - colors, typeface whatever.  Show us what you've got :)

Only downside on the above lovely logo the first letter, here i see it as Cmby, Gmby ..(for the second design).

Angelblue05

It's not about being restrictive, it's about being structured. I'm just saying, whoever will decide the official logo will have a hard time comparing. Logos are tricky. They might look good up close, but if you shrink them, you might find it's not as readable.

Of course, if people simply want to suggest an idea, there's no need to use a template, since it's not an actual submission. :)

This is a terrible logo I quickly whipped up to use for the template example:

551208202f102_Forum_template.jpg

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 4

shaefurr

I have to say logos posted that way would look waaaay better.

You know a photoshop droplet would be an easy way to add new logos in a format like that, even if someone doesn't own PS someone else with could just process it for them.

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 1

gthrift

He is my submission for now.5510266f29428_EmbyLogov2.jpg

What if...

5511d11481f89_embymod.jpg

I think everyone is getting close here.

As for Joostzilla's 2nd logo, all I can think of is the Oregon ducks.

chef

Holy balls of awesomeness! That is brilliant.

It's a simple design. I would wear that on a t shirt.

Ooooo t shirt sales ebr......

• Like 1

pir8radio

I think everyone is getting close to a perfect logo, i like the one on the right here where the e in emby is the logo, it can be used by itself or as the whole word...   I dont like the one with the E above emby..   Looks good though!

AdrianW

I'm sure I read in a thread somewhere that you'd like to get away from the "play" icon inside the logo.

aspdend

Do you think thats a bit too simple? I feel like its a generic play button just colored green.

I agree with Shaefurr on this one

aspdend

I also like the way the logo is replacing the e in emby in some of the above. 

but why is there so much green? Do we have to keep with the green theming? The guidelines say not...