Official Emby Logo Submission Thread

ebr

Interesting.  I liked the original robot version better though.  The stop/pause symbols as eyes makes him look like he's been knocked out to me...

• Like 2

However, at tray icon size it may be a little too hard to discern...  (I like having the 'e' as part of the icon though - like he is holding it):

551bf1fbd81f5_embyrobottray.png   551bf2302da2c_embyrobottray2.png

swhitmore

The robot is cool, but it might made people take the project less seriously.

Edited by swhitmore

So, my last attempt was educational.

my participance in this contest is to show what they don't wanne see in a logo! lol

but he! thats also important.

And to be honest, i did get carried away with the whole 3d stuff, which automaticly created the gradient.

but i guess that is what you get when photoshopping after just a few hours of sleep! lol

and it does indeed looks better flattend.

so again! as requested

now flattend, no 3d, no gradient,

just monotone colors, its square and resizeble.

551b91b6c9d1d_embyreinvis3.jpg

I like this one a lot.

techywarrior

There could always be a an Emby mascot that is not part of the logo.

I liked the person who suggested having a Bee. Like Em the Bee. He would be the mascot. Then the logo could either have the bee in it, or just be a cool font with some bee trail dashes around it and the bee next to it.

It also obviously lends itself to icons easily.

To me it opens up a lot more marketing options and can adjust easily in the future as designs change. Maybe after a few years of flat icons everyone goes full 3D (because of all the VR devices etc. Well, a flying bee in 3D works. Or things go monochrome for e-ink smart watches... a bee can be monochrome. etc.

Joostzilla

Personally i can't imagine why one would want a mascotte. Emby isn't the brand that needs a mascotte imho. 

About bee; I have thought of that too but dismissed it for myself since it has nothing to do with what emby stands for. I find it too far fetched.

it could be like our own office assistant. we can have it popup and wave hello to you during the installation wizard.

• Like 2

Latchmor

it could be like our own office assistant. we can have it popup and wave hello to you during the installation wizard.

Lol, now it is April Fools  :lol:

techywarrior

Nothing NEEDS a mascot but there are lots of companies/products that use them. Some are directly related to the name, some have little or nothing to do with the name. But they are all used a lot in advertising and brand recognition.

Twitter bird

Linux penguin

Firefox fox

Coke-Cola polar bear

Evernote elephant

just as a few examples.

It's just an idea.

ps, lol Luke. Why have it popup when you are doing the tutorial. That would be useful. More like it would popup when you clicked "Movies" and ask if you are trying to watch something.

jluce50

It looks like you're installing Emby. Would you like help?

• Yes (and uninstall Plex while you're at it)
  • No
  • FOAD
  • Like 2

shaefurr

Oh lord, that idea is just the worst

Heckler

5. b2JVaeU.png

I kinda like this one... then I realised why.  If you rotate it 90 degrees... it starts to look like the Rebel emblem from Star Wars.

• Like 1

syran

ps, lol Luke. Why have it popup when you are doing the tutorial. That would be useful. More like it would popup when you clicked "Movies" and ask if you are trying to watch something.

Just like Clippy, it was so annoying... That's why I stopped using Office...

• Like 1

shaefurr

I kinda like this one... then I realised why.  If you rotate it 90 degrees... it starts to look like the Rebel emblem from Star Wars.

Ya same here

551c7e16586b7_rebellogo.jpg

cshaun

Yeah, it's strange, when people are writing Emby in a sentence like this it's 'E' but as soon as the word logo appears it's 'e'. I'm just not a fan of lowercase initials even though some of them here have looked pretty good.

Sort of agree, though I think it lends itself to lowercase 'e' visually because all the other letters are very round. Lowercase e is round uppercase isn't. My guess is this is primary reason for this.

cshaun

Cause he was so popular and stuck around for so long... lol

word-paperclip.jpg

• Like 1

AdrianW

Just like Clippy, it was so annoying... That's why I stopped using Office...

You stopped using Office because of a feature that could be permanently disabled with just a few clicks?

• Like 1

syran

Pick a color.... Or suggest one!  :D

There's also the white version! Here's how it looks.

Preview.jpg

post-7218-0-29992800-1427944662_thumb.jpg

post-7218-0-81489700-1427944666_thumb.jpg

post-7218-0-99400400-1427944671_thumb.jpg

post-7218-0-48965200-1427944675_thumb.jpg

post-7218-0-80374600-1427944685_thumb.jpg

post-7218-0-23901300-1427944692_thumb.jpg

post-7218-0-35276700-1427944698_thumb.jpg

post-7218-0-35958700-1427944702_thumb.jpg

post-7218-0-02104700-1427944708_thumb.jpg

post-7218-0-49624300-1427944713_thumb.jpg

post-7218-0-83837900-1427944848_thumb.jpg

post-7218-0-42203000-1427944852_thumb.jpg

Edited by syran
  • Like 1

cshaun

Pick a color.... Or suggest one!  :D

There's also the white version! Here's how it looks.

Preview.jpg

Actually really quite like the "e" on the angle. Text around it pointless as not readable at any normal size. Squashed e above no good.

Capital Y a little weird, but see why you did it.

Anyway nice work.

The "e" could be made to look like a power button... But needs something else / more.

551cd987f01ad_emby11.png