Official Emby Logo Submission Thread

ebr

This is my fav so far, I didn't see a "c" when looking at it. Very nice.

And here's another

55135cb35dcf3_dumblogo.jpg

Nicely done, my opinion though is that it doesn't make sense to focus on the E. For me the E and the Y are just padding for MB. Also I find the E icon to be too generic, even though I'm a fan off less is more and KISS.

My vote so far goes to @@Joostzilla the arrow shaped cirle, fantastic. The green arrow is powerful, but the greyscale versions looks much better imo.

shaefurr

Only reason I focus the E is because Ebr said to try and avoid putting any emphasis on the mb.

But ya I love that circle/arrow logo as well, even the font on that one is excellent.

saitoh183

This thread should be the "Offical Comments on Logo submissions" :) There should be another Thread only containing Logos called "Official Logo Submissions", so people can easily see them without having to navigate pages and pages of comments. If you want to make a comment on a given logo, then you should save it as a image and post it here followed by your comment. This way people can see all the logos back to back. 

Edited by saitoh183
  • Like 5

This thread should be the "Offical Comments on Logo submissions" :) There should be another Thread only containing Logos called "Official Logo Submissions", so people can easily see them without having to navigate pages and pages of comments. If you want to make a comment on a given logo, then you should save it as a image and post it here followed by your comment. This way people can see all the logos back to back. 

Good day,

This a good suggestion, I will go a head and do a thread that will be close and I will put each members with all log's he did, this way will be easy to compare them for others to review it.

My best

• Like 4

yardameus

just to give you guys some help, while we're not sure a flame is the right symbol for us (considering it), the simplicity and elegance displayed here is something we really like:

550bcc3a784f2_logomock.jpg

See

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/19390-thoughts-on-emby/?p=188394

See how minimal it is, works well against white, works well against black, etc. Then likewise the "e" could be used all by itself at small sizes for things like page & tray icons

I really like this, and I thought about something like this, but I wanted to avoid confusion with ember media manager or Roxio.  

yardameus

This is my fav so far, I didn't see a "c" when looking at it. Very nice.

And here's another

55135cb35dcf3_dumblogo.jpg

I especially like this font.  The only thing I'm wondering about (not just based on this entry) is if we should focus on having the icon also be part of the word or a separate icon.  Thoughts?  I'm really drawn to the color and simplicity of this icon.

non-entity

Is there a closing date for submissions? I've been away all week and just trying to work out when to set aside some time to get a few more ideas together besides the ember/flame one.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Is there a closing date for submissions? I've been away all week and just trying to work out when to set aside some time to get a few more ideas together besides the ember/flame one.

I'm in the same boat. I need a deadline, then I know when I should set time aside for it in my busy schedule. Why not hold this submission open for an entire month? Let's say by end of April, or something. @@ebr What do you think?

• Like 1

vistadelloco

My quick sketch on phone.

playfull for the whole family.

and homage.

If you like it ,feel free to punch up drawing

post-35460-0-51297400-1427453191_thumb.png

chef

My quick sketch on phone.

playfull for the whole family.

and homage.

If you like it ,feel free to punch up drawing

Kinda reminds me of TiVo Edited by chef

Here is another attempt.

551301819fdb0_EmbyLogov7.jpg

Wow! Amazing design.

This is my favourite by far. Could I make a couple of suggested tweaks? Just some thoughts, hope it's OK.

1: Pull the "M" in a bit so it isn't as wide,

2: Have the base of the "Y" use the same floor as the other letters,

3: The first and second will free up a little real estate, allowing for a slight strengthening of the font (when I looked at the font in the in the mock up of Trakt - using a variation of the icon - the actual name lacked a little presence next to other very bold logo's, a slight increase should balance the presence of 'emby' next to a very strong icon, and also slightly improve display on very small screens), and

4: Try a red colour scheme instead of green to play on the likeness to the word 'ember' / thought of the substance of fire that inevitably enters most peoples minds upon hearing "Emby".

Great work Joostzilla!!

• Like 1

FredipusRex

551568a1eaadc_emby3.png

I'm not 100% sold on the font (and the logo could use some polishing), but I like the reversed E implying motion.

CBers

I think this looks terrible, but I already had made it so figured I might as well post it! :P icon with E,M,B,Y all stacked

550eff1399a8c_EMBYLOGO.jpg

550f013de3f21_embylogo2.jpg

I like the top one, with the bottom left one.

Clean and simple.

Edited by CBers

techywarrior

I actually think I like that logo better in red. Especially the one that is black with the red just being the arrow portion.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

You the man abo :)

55147b3fc9bc8_embylogo10.jpg

Well now you've gone and done it!!

I absolutely love this one!

Oh I can't make up a letter from that to create a new word ;)

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Steven

Awesome designs Joostzilla. I love the 3D cut in 2D. Either of your last 2 work brilliantly to my eyes.

Edited by Steven