Official Emby Logo Submission Thread

ebr

I kinda like this one... then I realised why.  If you rotate it 90 degrees... it starts to look like the Rebel emblem from Star Wars.

I thought it reminded me of something when I finished it. I just couldn't remember what.

• Like 1

jedninjaro

just trying something different out here, for those who like simpeler shapes.

I must say i still really like the first one a lot, and i like maintaining the letter e shape.

any simpeler and you just end up with the letter e.

any different and i'm afraid i start copying other compagnies logos

551d515f0dc00_embyreinvis5.jpg

• Like 1

For some reason, that logo looks like a leaf to me which then makes me think it is for some eco-hybrid car or "green" company.

• Like 1

jedninjaro

For some reason, that logo looks like a leaf to me which then makes me think it is for some eco-hybrid car or "green" company.

Well, personaly i don't see it that way, but thats fine, ofcourse colors can always be changed.

cause the green will most probably in many cases give people a eco association.

Do you prefer a certain colour for the future logo? or do you have some other wishes that have become clear to you!

551d6dc399fca_embyreinvis3bluered.jpg

• Like 1

jedninjaro

I just see the Internet Explorer icon...

Well then why not just use that icon, they are not planning on using it any more :) lol.

But when using a lower case e as part of the logo, you'd problay very quickly make that connection with any design.

I personally prefer the lower rounded e above the capital E, i think its more stylish and not that aggressive and in your face, but its a matter of taste.

the only way around is then too not make the lower e part of a logo, or to incorporate it in a form like ebr did with the flame.

I personally didn't went that way because of scaling, an e as the complete logo can be scaled smaller then a e inside the logo.

or of course not use an e in the logo at all, but i personally like the faster recognition because of it.

jedninjaro

i chose to angle the e to avoid association with internet explorer, of course removing it is also an option. but as you see.

if you want to, you can always warp it to internet explorer because of the lower case e.551d76aa89866_internet.jpg

• Like 1

syran

Actually really quite like the "e" on the angle. Text around it pointless as not readable at any normal size. Squashed e above no good.

Capital Y a little weird, but see why you did it.

Anyway nice work.

First of all, thank you for your suggestions and comments  :)

I changed the text with a different and bigger one. About the E, I tried to put it like you said but it's too wierd, and it doesn't look good.

Anyway these are the results

551d92d054b0a_Preview.jpg

551d92eaa65dc_Preview.jpg

551d934d9ce90_Preview2.jpg

cshaun

First of all, thank you for your suggestions and comments  :)

I changed the text with a different and bigger one. About the E, I tried to put it like you said but it's too wierd, and it doesn't look good.

Anyway these are the results

551d92d054b0a_Preview.jpg

551d92eaa65dc_Preview.jpg

The slogan doesn't need to be part of the logo per say. I quite like your bottom one (ignoring slogan). Actually fits in with the other text logos. Whether text alone is enough, I'm not sure.

Still on the fence about the Y. Anyway just my thoughts on it.

Good day,

Personal view, but why we going away from the green/blue color? Purple look fine and stand out, but sure not orange one.

My best

• Like 1

jluce50

I quite like the concept, but I think it needs more refining. The 'e' and the 'y' just look like completely different fonts to me. I understand why the 'y' has to be capital, but it just sticks out like a sore thumb. Perhaps there's another font that would work better? 

syran

I used the same font for all the letters, and don't understand why the "Y" looks like that, I'll try to find a better font  :blink:

jedninjaro

now even more simplefied.

I like using duotone though. Gives it something extra i belief.

551e53afcf68a_embyreinvis9.jpg

Cheesegeezer

This is the best so far I think. Love the font too. Well done.

You the man abo :)

55147b3fc9bc8_embylogo10.jpg

These 2 are by far the best in my humble opinion.

Cheesegeezer

Here is another attempt.

551301819fdb0_EmbyLogov7.jpg

Sorry I meant this one too

Steven

Yeah Joostzilla's is awesome. Shaefurr's is a bit too spacey looking for my tastes. It kinda reminds me of the things the baddies in Superman came to earth in, for some reason! :D

I also like the other one Joostzilla did and would be happy with either.

Edited by Steven

Joostzilla

I hope i get some more inspiration soon because i think we are not there yet. :)

jedninjaro

Just playing around with the capital E, 

Looks a bit likes its transmitting.

trying to keep it simple again

551e69450c87c_embyreinvis10.jpg

jedninjaro

I like this as well (The last image in the list):

Thank you! so you mean like this then

551e82206ccec_embyreinvis11.jpg

• Like 2

I like this as well (The last image in the list):

Thank you! so you mean like this then

551e82206ccec_embyreinvis11.jpg

Yes buddy, well done.

jluce50

I lack any graphical skills, but what if the the round part of the 'b' was some sort of play icon? Ideally it would be distinct enough that it could be recognizable on it's own. It looks good in my head, but I'll have to let someone else make it a reality... :)

Steven

I lack any graphical skills, but what if the the round part of the 'b' was some sort of play icon? Ideally it would be distinct enough that it could be recognizable on it's own. It looks good in my head, but I'll have to let someone else make it a reality... :)

I did something just like that when we were discussing the name in the dev area.

551eb8c056633_embi_logo_reflect.png