Official Emby Logo Submission Thread

ebr

jedninjaro

Keeping with one of my earlyer designs.

But then again it looks totaly different now.

hope you guys like it551ae6ed78033_embyreinvis.jpg

• Like 3

Latchmor

I really liked the red and black designs earlier in the thread and I just realised how much blue there is out there. This is part of my current bookmarks bar!  :o

551af18db062e_Capture.jpg

cshaun

hope you guys like it

As has been said many times - think we need to steer away from gradients.

It's a little busy/complex. Fiddled with the design a little to try simplify, I'm sure it can be done much better.

551b1a7d53354_emby9.png

I really liked the red and black designs earlier in the thread and I just realised how much blue there is out there. This is part of my current bookmarks bar!  :o

551af18db062e_Capture.jpg

I think for pretty good reason. Out of the prime colours. Red = warning/stop. Green = ok/go/nature. Blue doesn't have those associations. Sky and water is blue. Blue is softer.

My preference would tend towards a blue. But do agree something else would stand out more - just don't want it to be the odd kid out that gets "picked" on.

• Like 1

Latchmor

I see what you are saying but when I'm looking at a logo that means nothing to me. I use a system at work everyday where the dashboard is a traffic light system and then those colours do mean something.

Netflix and coca cola have made bold choices!  :P

I agree with no shadows, gradients etc. Too much spoils it and they don't resize well.

Cheers

Edited by Latchmor

shaefurr

I think a gradient isn't bad as long as its very very subtle, basically where you can't really tell it has a gradient at first glance

sent from my lumia icon

Latchmor

Yeah, but you are the master @@shaefurr lol. I guess I meant too many or multiple treatments/filters. If you want one, you go ahead.  :D

shaefurr

lol, ya, here's an example, both have a shadow and gradient, but you can see the difference when you first glance at it. The rwally light gradient makes it look much more sexy without being over the top

551b22beb390e_gradient.jpg

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 3

Angelblue05

I used a slight gradient in my logo as well, for the box. It is very subtle. :) I have to agree with shaefurr/latchmor, an effect can be good if it's a deliberate choice and has a purpose, without being over the top. It adds a contrast which sometimes is needed, to make the logo pop.

Using Joostzilla's idea ^_^.

551b31dca3e71_competitors.jpg

Directly converted into an icon.

551b4c0b1abb5_Taskbar.jpg

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2

yardameus

hope you guys like it551ae6ed78033_embyreinvis.jpg

I really like this, could we see what this looks like without the gradients/shadow?  I like the grey/green.  I also like that it almost looks like a person/robot.  I'd say the rotation and grey and green vs. monotone really improves the logo.

yardameus

Here we go! My first official submission.  ^_^

Simple, yet dynamic design that's readable at a small scale. I wanted to portray how Emby turns every device into a Player for my media content. The color and font are optional. Hope you like it!

5519a4de7a864_Forum_Playbox.jpg

For me, it's between this and the most recent "e" logo from above. (assuming it looks more contemporary when flattened out some)

• Like 3

Koleckai Silvestri

I think for pretty good reason. Out of the prime colours. Red = warning/stop. Green = ok/go/nature. Blue doesn't have those associations. Sky and water is blue. Blue is softer.

My preference would tend towards a blue. But do agree something else would stand out more - just don't want it to be the odd kid out that gets "picked" on.

Blue is said to be calming and reassuring in Western Societies. One of the reasons it is used so heavily.

cshaun

lol, ya, here's an example, both have a shadow and gradient, but you can see the difference when you first glance at it. The rwally light gradient makes it look much more sexy without being over the top

551b22beb390e_gradient.jpg

Yeah this is alright (especially the first one). Much more subtle than for example jedninjaro's recent example.

Like you say you almost can't tell. It's not distracting. Can easily flatten it out if needed for whatever reason and won't look like a completely different logo.

I like the light blue.

It's a nice design btw. Just not sure how well it 'ties' in with the 'theme'. Though nothing wrong with a unique symbol/shape/design.

Bit "sharp" / "edgy" on the icon, while the text is smooth/rounded/soft. The gaps being a bit small, means it's not going to re-size very well at smaller sizes.

• Like 1

One more piece of advice - stay away from any 3D effects.  Flat is in and doesn't have scaling issues like many 3D things will.

Angelblue05

One more piece of advice - stay away from any 3D effects.  Flat is in and doesn't have scaling issues like many 3D things will.

I hope mine doesn't count as 3D. I create my own effect out of flat colors. It's really your mind translating it into 3D :P

• Like 2

551461b028d3a_EMBY9.jpg

and some garbage looking stuff I did last night

551461e6a3b16_retarded.jpg

I'm really digging the first one on here. The circle with the arrow is simple and nice, but if that's what we are going for then this is simpler and also very nice. My two cents are half off all week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jedninjaro

So, my last attempt was educational.

my participance in this contest is to show what they don't wanne see in a logo! lol

but he! thats also important.

And to be honest, i did get carried away with the whole 3d stuff, which automaticly created the gradient.

but i guess that is what you get when photoshopping after just a few hours of sleep! lol

and it does indeed looks better flattend.

so again! as requested

now flattend, no 3d, no gradient,

just monotone colors, its square and resizeble.

551b91b6c9d1d_embyreinvis3.jpg

• Like 4

non-entity

Here is another quick sumbmission. Everyone meet emby, emby meet everyone. Pretty much just made a robot with a wifi symbol body and sorta tv shaped head.

551bbb5eb9fb2_logomock2.jpg

• Like 5

DGMayor

Every logo submitted with a fancy lowercase E just makes me thing of this...

Internet_Explorer_6_logo.png

cshaun

So, my last attempt was educational.

my participance in this contest is to show what they don't wanne see in a logo! lol

but he! thats also important.

And to be honest, i did get carried away with the whole 3d stuff, which automaticly created the gradient.

but i guess that is what you get when photoshopping after just a few hours of sleep! lol

and it does indeed looks better flattend.

so again! as requested

now flattend, no 3d, no gradient,

just monotone colors, its square and resizeble.

Much better! I'm no expert, but been around the block. It's a learning process. Logo design is hard. Why you'd be surprised at what you get after spending $500k on a design. XMBC, Kodi and PLEX, Infuse pretty much just stylized text. Pretty damn simple. The "K" graphic for Kodi very simple too.

Like I mentioned before, nice what you've done. But ultimately to complex IMHO. So many iterations to try come up with something that's 'cool' while also simple and unique etc.

cshaun

And a slightly different version incorperating a few more media control symbols in the eyes.

551bc0e3cdfb0_logomock3.jpg

Nice. Clever. I like it. Just a bit busy/complex. Not sure about the cute robot association either.

Latchmor

Yeah, it's strange, when people are writing Emby in a sentence like this it's 'E' but as soon as the word logo appears it's 'e'. I'm just not a fan of lowercase initials even though some of them here have looked pretty good.

Chris Jones

Here is another quick sumbmission. Everyone meet emby, emby meet everyone. Pretty much just made a robot with a wifi symbol body and sorta tv shaped head.

551bbb5eb9fb2_logomock2.jpg

I do really like these, particularly the red robot with black background. It clean, modern and stands out a lot and isn't boring to look at.