Official Emby Logo Submission Thread

ebr

just to give you guys some help, while we're not sure a flame is the right symbol for us (considering it), the simplicity and elegance displayed here is something we really like:

550bcc3a784f2_logomock.jpg

See

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/19390-thoughts-on-emby/?p=188394

See how minimal it is, works well against white, works well against black, etc. Then likewise the "e" could be used all by itself at small sizes for things like page & tray icons

• Like 4

techywarrior

What about the same as that flame logo except the "e" is inside a computer/device?  

This may be too complex but the word emby in some sort of transmission (almost like it's being assembled out of empty space). Not sure how to describe it and I suck at graphics. But it also may be too complex an image for the goal.

navanod

Will this be a vote/poll on the new logo? Some nice submissions, sahebk's stand out imo.

I haven't got the talent that the others have got but I thought I'd give it another shot.

It's my take on the infinity symbol as I thought that media browser is used for so much more now.

dJrp0mQ.png

xumylNX.png

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Couple more

550f1b35baddf_EMBUICON1.jpg

550f1b43126be_EMBYICON2.jpg

550f1b4c63d3e_EMBYICON3.jpg

MOIST - it looks stylish and more modern.  

Most will not like it because it doesn't look like a flat boring design like iOS icons or metro Home screen - but thats them stuck in the current fad!!

• Like 1

Vidman

just to give you guys some help, while we're not sure a flame is the right symbol for us (considering it), the simplicity and elegance displayed here is something we really like:

550bcc3a784f2_logomock.jpg

See

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/19390-thoughts-on-emby/?p=188394

See how minimal it is, works well against white, works well against black, etc. Then likewise the "e" could be used all by itself at small sizes for things like page & tray icons

what about rotating the lower case m clockwise 45 degrees then it could be taken as an m and a B? just an idea

jluce50

This one is my favorite my a wide margin (I already stole it to use in Kodi... for now :) )

55117abbab164_550eff4429b8c_20150322_124

• Like 1

This is a concept, the cloud is shameless ripped of the net, just to show an idea. If anyone with artistic capability like it maybe they can refine it.

post-2288-0-68895800-1427213679_thumb.png

post-2288-0-62479100-1427214435_thumb.png

Edited by KRA

Koleckai Silvestri

This is a concept, the cloud is shameless ripped of the net, just to show an idea. If anyone with artistic capability like it maybe they can refine it.

Please no... We don't need more cloud icons. Even if artistic, they are becoming generic and "Cloud" is becoming a term that people are shying away from.

• Like 1

Koleckai Silvestri

Most will not like it because it doesn't look like a flat boring design like iOS icons or metro Home screen - but thats them stuck in the current fad!!

I am not a fan of the extraneous backgrounds behind the stylized E. They don't provide any benefit to a logo and just make it busy. Though the third one (or is it the second one...) with the gray moon background would be great for a Moon expedition or rover. That is my opinion though. 

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

Please no... We don't need more cloud icons. Even if artistic, they are becoming generic and "Cloud" is becoming a term that people are shying away from.

really, people are shying away from Cloud term ? For me emby is all about having my media available on all devices wherever they are. For me that is cloud computing. I'm afraid "emby" as a name doesn't say much about what kind of service this is. And a logo with the e on fire doesn't help in that regard either. So far I like the @@sahebk logo best, because it say something about the service. I like the design language of @@Joostzilla first logo more, but for me it doesn't tell me anything about what MB/emby is about.

• Like 1

Koleckai Silvestri

really, people are shying away from Cloud term ? For me emby is all about having my media available on all devices wherever they are. For me that is cloud computing. I'm afraid "emby" as a name doesn't say much about what kind of service this is. And a logo with the e on fire doesn't help in that regard either. So far I like the @@sahebk logo best, because it say something about the service. I like the design language of @@Joostzilla first logo more, but for me it doesn't tell me anything about what MB/emby is about.

Yes, Cloud is becoming a very negative and overused marketing term and most people see it as insecure. You can still have a system that makes your media available on all devices everywhere without using a cliche marketing term like Cloud. And I say this even though my work involves selling a "Cloud" product which is really nothing more than Software as a Platform. 

On the other hand, I don't want my media accessible anywhere outside my local network and VPN. So the Cloud moniker really means nothing for me in this case. I don't want to sync media to my online storage. I don't want to share it with people outside my network. And more. To me, EMBY would be a series of apps used to access my local server from my local network, no cloud involved. If my family wants to take media on the road, they can download it and use it temporarily. I can't afford to have my upload pipe clogged with it.

• Like 2

Beardyname

Yes, Cloud is becoming a very negative and overused marketing term and most people see it as insecure. You can still have a system that makes your media available on all devices everywhere without using a cliche marketing term like Cloud. And I say this even though my work involves selling a "Cloud" product which is really nothing more than Software as a Platform. 

On the other hand, I don't want my media accessible anywhere outside my local network and VPN. So the Cloud moniker really means nothing for me in this case. I don't want to sync media to my online storage. I don't want to share it with people outside my network. And more. To me, EMBY would be a series of apps used to access my local server from my local network, no cloud involved. If my family wants to take media on the road, they can download it and use it temporarily. I can't afford to have my upload pipe clogged with it.

Well the argument could be made that your user case is your own "cloud", but i do agree with you that emby should not adopt a cloud in it's logo.

more on topic:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/uploads/inline/25689/550f702901b38_Animatedpreview.gif

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/uploads/inline/153/5510266f29428_EmbyLogov2.jpg

these too are great, hopefully the admins will pick out a few they like so we can vote on it :)

5511ae6f6edd0_dumbembylogo.jpg

Like these as well, well done.

Keep posting guys, you all doing great, well done.

c0m3r

He is my submission for now.5510266f29428_EmbyLogov2.jpg5510268cb5f9e_EmbyLogov3.jpg

For me the one in the bottom right looks great. Ticks all the boxes as it is simple yet noticeable and will turn into an icon very easily. It also sticks with the old mediabrowser colour scheme so wont require drastic changes to the website etc. very professional, well done.

• Like 2

Emaster

What you want and what you do with this application is irrelevant. The possibilities is what matters. At least he had a concept. I saw great logos, beautiful logos, but some too generic. At least I think you guys should explain your concepts, the idea behind the logo when is not obvious.

Koleckai Silvestri

What you want and what you do with this application is irrelevant. The possibilities is what matters. At least he had a concept. I saw great logos, beautiful logos, but some too generic. At least I think you guys should explain your concepts, the idea behind the logo when is not obvious.

Yep. Just stating my own opinion as is everyone else in the thread. He wants a cloud because that is how he uses the software. I don't want a cloud because I feel it would be a negative portrayal of the software. Neither of us are making the decision, just voicing opinions.

If the choice were up to me, the name wouldn't have changed. A lot of momentum in marketing lost that way. That is all it is. They are trying to compete with the market leader of Plex. Not much more to it. Hope they do it wisely.

So it's your personal opinion based on your use then, thats ok. But imo it goes against the feature set that's become available in MB this past year. The focus has very much been on making your media available everywhere.