Official Emby Logo Submission Thread

ebr

Yes, it will be a decision made by the core team.  We won't necessarily just pick one of the designs presented here.  We need something the core team all agrees is spot on (or as close as we can get).  I'd really like that to come from a community member submission but, so far, I don't think we've hit it yet.

• Like 2

I was bored at work this morning so started playing around with some shapes in ps.

I know its probably going to be no good but I thought is was quite cool so I thought I might as well post it. Never know, might give someone else some inspiration.

eSrL9O9.png

non-entity

None of these are winners, just a bunch of stuff I was fiddling away with and I thought may spark an idea.

552d058115661_logomock31.jpg552d058c2c907_logomock33.jpg552d059ba21a9_logomock34.jpg552d05a5caa54_logomock37.jpg552d05abbf25d_logomock38.jpg

Edited by non-entity
  • Like 2

Joostzilla

And one more from my side. I hope you guys like it.  :D

552d119ee0c5e_EmbyLogov12.jpg

Edited by Joostzilla
  • Like 8

Angelblue05

I could not come up with a different design that is stronger than what I already posted. Instead, I created a flat icon based off my original design. I added more white space around the triangle so the corners are less crowded. These are my last entries. Either way, I'll be happy with the final decision.  ^_^ @@ebr I hope these are more to your liking.

552d52b7816c4_banner_flat_light.jpg552d528f5f407_banner_flat_dark.jpg

552d57dd845bd_banner_flat_dark_dark.jpg552d55ec1766f_banner_flat_light_dark.jpg552d53628e1a1_banner_flat_grey.jpg552d576600c25_banner_flat_grey_dark.jpg

For nostalgia -_- - Removed highlights and uncluttered the corners as well:

552d53f909f7a_banner_smallertriangle_ori 552d53cb9eadd_banner_smallertriangle.jpg

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 7

yardameus

@@Angelblue05 Have you tried making everything "square"?  What I mean is, making the cube equilateral, instead of a rectangle?  Which would then make the triangle 3 equal triangles?  That might flatten it out even more.  Maybe too much, I really like your design as well.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@yardameus

It did cross my mind. I did a quick mockup, far from a perfect cube, but this just to give an idea (currently running on no sleep):

552da85dbb36e_banner_flat_square.jpg

I personally find the idea less attractive, but that's just my aesthetic. What do you think? Is it worth going all in on the idea or not? :) The more "square" it is, the more static it feels, the less dynamic it looks. I like to have a more dynamic look.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2

The square looks better to me but still, in the end, it is a 3D cube which just doesn't look right to me.

If you force yourself not to see the 3D cube in the square version, you are left with something that reminds me of the old Chrysler logo.

Very sorry.  I like the text but the cube just doesn't feel right to me.

shaefurr

I planned to make some more before the deadline, but ive been busy with other stuff and never got around to it.

Aside from that I like the flat cube, mainly the one in the botton left thats black and grey

pir8radio

Diggin' it...     it looks like an E it looks like an M   its different.....   its simple..   lets call it...   im tired of the old TV logo with the new name...  I'm going to keep calling it media browser until the logo is gone..   :P

godbodian

Here is the logo as an app icon.

552d3fcb31099_htc_one_mockup.png

Can you guys just let @@Joostzilla design the darn thing? I think his designs are the most comprehensive. Striking yet muted and understated, flashy but still easy to comprehend and thus approachable. I mean this one actually looks like it could already exist, even though it most likely doesn't. Plus for as simple as it is, it's no surprise that it's easy to remember and visualize but surprising not as easy to forget.

I genuinely liked his other logos prior to this one but there was always something missing or forced, although I still felt they were the best of those offered (with exception to @@chef's), but this blows those out the water in it's simplicity.

@@non-entity's were good as well. His designs mimicked others in my opinion but I liked the flatness of his as opposed to the forced optical illusion of 3D.

Edited by godbodian
  • Like 1

dark_slayer

I like the text and I like the color schemes you have going there but I just can't get into that geometric shape for an icon.  Do you have any other ideas for icons you could fit into this style of design?

I was wondering this as well. What would the story behind the cube be? I didn't like the name okuru before I looked it up ;) understanding the provenance of your concept may help others get on board

Agreed - as I said before, flat is not cool now, flat was cool two years ago.   Flat is being USED a lot now, because the non-cool people have caught up to it.

Lol, so much this :)

Digging this, an "E" that pops

E doesn't pop super well most ways I thought until I saw yours. Also, with your logo I could imagine a few different transitions that could take the letters e-m-b-y into that logo and look cool

josephasmith1

I wanted to throw my hat into the ring. I included some screenshots of ideas I had. The stylized "E" is the logo, the text could be altered once capital/lowercase is agreed upon.

55253a5fb6eca_emby1.png

55253a6a070cd_emby2.png

55253a7304f2f_emby3.png

55253a8f4b2ae_emby4.png

55253aa6b5648_emby5.png

55253ab65a8ed_emby7.png

55253ac223a00_emby8.png

Angelblue05

The square looks better to me but still, in the end, it is a 3D cube which just doesn't look right to me.

If you force yourself not to see the 3D cube in the square version, you are left with something that reminds me of the old Chrysler logo.

Very sorry.  I like the text but the cube just doesn't feel right to me.

Ok well it was fun and I'm still very happy with the outcome. It's hard to please when you are unsure of the client's expectation and no creative directions were given. It comes down to reality meeting expectation and when there's no general direction to begin with, it usually makes it impossible to hit the mark 100%. :) Anyway, I'm happy with whatever logo ends up being picked. I will keep supporting Emby in any way I can. Can't wait to see!

• Like 1

aspdend

I could not come up with a different design that is stronger than what I already posted. Instead, I created a flat icon based off my original design. I added more white space around the triangle so the corners are less crowded. These are my last entries. Either way, I'll be happy with the final decision.  ^_^ @@ebr I hope these are more to your liking.

552d52b7816c4_banner_flat_light.jpg552d528f5f407_banner_flat_dark.jpg

552d57dd845bd_banner_flat_dark_dark.jpg552d55ec1766f_banner_flat_light_dark.jpg552d53628e1a1_banner_flat_grey.jpg552d576600c25_banner_flat_grey_dark.jpg

For nostalgia -_- - Removed highlights and uncluttered the corners as well:

552d53f909f7a_banner_smallertriangle_ori 552d53cb9eadd_banner_smallertriangle.jpg

I like this a lot - personally, I think if flat is required, this is flat (the upper images anyway) and I would remove the cube, just leaving the three triangles. The beauty of this is, when flat is officially passe in a little while, it can be readily 3D'd or similar...Good effort sir!

Edited by aspdend
  • Like 1

aspdend

Here is the logo as an app icon.

552d3fcb31099_htc_one_mockup.png

Nice - very very nice - I can see the E and I can see the M and it is reminiscent of a ribbon to my mind. Personally I can see this working at all sizes - but I would like to see it without the black background...To my mind, this and @@Angelblue05 are the front runners....very good work!

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I like this a lot - personally, I think if flat is required, this is flat (the upper images anyway) and I would remove the cube, just leaving the three triangles. The beauty of this is, when flat is officially passe in a little while, it can be readily 3D'd or similar...Good effort sir!

@@aspdend

I like the idea very much. Thanks a lot for the suggestion!

552e2af45dbb5_banner_flat_triangle_dark.552e2e08d9e16_banner_flat_light_triangle

An equilateral triangle(far from perfect right now) - for you ebr :):

552e3984d7377_banner_flat_light_triangle

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2

aspdend

@@aspdend

I like the idea very much. Thanks a lot for the suggestion!

552e2af45dbb5_banner_flat_triangle_dark.552e2e08d9e16_banner_flat_light_triangle

552e3984d7377_banner_flat_light_triangle

That looks a lot better imho!

• Like 2

dark_slayer

Equilateral reminds me a lot of this ;)

845199_16530873_lz.jpg

Can there please be a story behind the cube? Even if you haven't made it up yet :)

Angelblue05

Equilateral reminds me a lot of this ;)

845199_16530873_lz.jpg

Can there please be a story behind the cube? Even if you haven't made it up yet :)

Love it btw, I used to draw stuff like this growing up. :)

The backstory was, Emby allows me to play/view my favorite content on any device  The cube/box represents the devices you play your content on. Very simple idea, but I ran with it.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

gthrift

None of these are winners, just a bunch of stuff I was fiddling away with and I thought may spark an idea.

552d05a5caa54_logomock37.jpg

I kind of like the 3rd and the top 3 of the 4th column here.  It's simple, flat, it's an E and a M.