IRIDIUM: A NEW MBC THEME COMING SOON!!!

Cheesegeezer

techywarrior

Looks pretty.

Is there an option to show the "last added unwatched" and/or some of the other similar lists? I find that very handy after I add a movie it saves a lot of time searching for what was just added to watch.

Those 5 posters below the main John Wick box, what are those? Is that the 5 latest movies, random movies? (there is no title so not sure). Also, The main box, is that a random movie, latest, etc?

Cheesegeezer

Looks pretty.

Is there an option to show the "last added unwatched" and/or some of the other similar lists? I find that very handy after I add a movie it saves a lot of time searching for what was just added to watch.

Those 5 posters below the main John Wick box, what are those? Is that the 5 latest movies, random movies? (there is no title so not sure). Also, The main box, is that a random movie, latest, etc?

The way i have this to work in my head is..... That shot will have the most recent plus "because you watched" there will be a title above each explaining. We will hint at the next section by showing a partial part of it, you will scroll across the screen thru title buttons to execute a fast scroll thru, recently added, unwatched, resume, watched, critcally acclaimed(a user option to set the imdb score) and suggested titles.

Thats how the layout will look for each of the option scrollers. It removes the second bar from the home screen and allows for a less cluttered more efficient browsing experience

techywarrior

Perfect. That sounds really good. It was one of the things I really liked in Square so I am glad your idea is similar to how ST did it.

Something that I just thought of, which may or not be possible, when I press "back" on the remote where will the focus be on this page? It seems to me that the focus is hard coded to be the main nav title (movies in this case) but in my mind I think it would be great if it could focus on what was actually clicked on. So if I click on my next up episode and then decide I don't want to watch it after all, I click back but I now have to navigate back to the big boxes because the focus is on TV in the nav. Just a minor pet peeve and not even sure if it's possible or not.

Cheesegeezer

Navigation coding for WMC is a nightmare, but i see your point and it will just make me make it more polished. The good news is..... I have some behind the scenes testers that are constantly feeding me bugs and UI annoyances, so when its rolled out should be epic!!

• Like 1

techywarrior

Navigation coding for WMC is a nightmare, but i see your point and it will just make me make it more polished. The good news is..... I have some behind the scenes testers that are constantly feeding me bugs and UI annoyances, so when its rolled out should be epic!!

That's great news. I hope it doesn't delay the completion of the theme too much. This is most certainly looking to be the best theme for WMC yet!

Cheesegeezer

That's great news. I hope it doesn't delay the completion of the theme too much. This is most certainly looking to be the best theme for WMC yet!

My personal and work life are the only obsticles to this themes release. :D

• Like 2

Ok nobody kill me BUT this is for MBC right? Isn't MBT the new focus project and if so will this be available for that?

Also, this looks fantastic, I am still trying to figure out how everyone's HTPC look so polished and I guess these themes are the reason.

Can;t wait to try it :)

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Ok nobody kill me BUT this is for MBC right? Isn't MBT the new focus project and if so will this be available for that?

Also, this looks fantastic, I am still trying to figure out how everyone's HTPC look so polished and I guess these themes are the reason.

Yup... This is for MB Classic. MBT is going thru a major overhaul currently, but i hope to port all my themes to it once theming is supported.

• Like 1

techywarrior

It's for MBC.

MBT is the focus for the future but it is currently undergoing a major rewrite (with one benefit being the ability to skin it). Not only that but a lot of people really like WMC, especially for it's live TV functionality so MBC won't be going anywhere for a while (in the homes of die hard users)

EDIT: lol, seems Cheese was 5 seconds faster then me.

Edited by techywarrior
  • Like 1

Overseer

MBC Forever!

• Like 2

MBC Forever!

JIP!!  MCE is still by FAR the best interface for Movies, Music, Pictures, Radio and above all TV!.. Oops, almost forgot to mention how much I like MBC ..It polishes off MCE perfectly!

Can't wait for Irridium!

• Like 2

Cheesegeezer

Oh wow. I drool looking at those pics. Can't wait!

Glad to hear it, @@shaefurr is the one to thank for the design, i just code it lol

• Like 1

newfiend

Well between the two of you this is looking epic.. Love the design. Not to rush perfection but hurry up already..haha j/k I'll be picking this up as soon as it's available! Great work guys!

• Like 1

Latchmor

Yeah Cheese, I've never really bothered with extra themes as Chocolate does a really good job. However, you have tempted me with this one!  :)

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Yeah Cheese, I've never really bothered with extra themes as Chocolate does a really good job. However, you have tempted me with this one!  :)

Glad to hear it.

Ken fet a mean min!! :lol:

Cheesegeezer

Are we there yet?  :P

It's funny you should ask....

the answer is unfortunately no. Just got back from my work trip and have a ton of stuff to sort out.  I'm hoping to crack on with it soon tho.  Believe me I hate leaving things unfinished.

Me and Shaeff were chatting about this earlier, we are about 85% complete now, so it shouldn't be long.  :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Cheesegeezer

Peeps, 

I have to be very apologetic regarding progress on this theme.  I have been so tied up with work (office based stuff :( )  and home renovations, I really haven't had anytime to dedicate to this.  I haven't even spoken with @@shaefurr for over 2 weeks. 

It also looks like i'll be heading to the Tunisian Dessert again for 4-5 weeks on the 20th April.  As soon i can get stuck back into it I will, I promise.

The only thing left is to rejig the Home screen and it should be out for full Testing prior to release.

Thanks for your continued support and patience.

Cheese :D

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...