IRIDIUM: A NEW MBC THEME COMING SOON!!!

Cheesegeezer

Looks good guys, i have concerns over the fonts but as long as their exposed I should be good. Would like to see some rt icon and score, ratings score, and mpaa/parental icons. Since you got someone who likes to dabble in photoshop im interested in seeing that sort of stuff. 

I like all the updates too chocolate, it looks real sharp especially the icons like rt, continuing, ended, favorites, watched but that list on the left was designed 4-5 years ago and hasn't changed, the scroller doesn't even wrap.

Anyways you got my dropbox and skype if I can be of any help let me know. Keep up the good work.

Edited by BAS
  • Like 1

aspdend

I don't mind the font, although I will wait final opinion when I see it on my TV!

Like BAS, I would like to see more metadata, rt and ratings and definitely parental rating/icon

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Looks good guys, i have concerns over the fonts but as long as their exposed I should be good. Would like to see some rt icon and score, ratings score, and mpaa/parental icons. Since you got someone who likes to dabble in photoshop im interested in seeing that sort of stuff. 

I like all the updates too chocolate, it looks real sharp especially the icons like rt, continuing, ended, favorites, watched but that list on the left was designed 4-5 years ago and hasn't changed, the scroller doesn't even wrap.

Anyways you got my dropbox and skype if I can be of any help let me know. Keep up the good work.

Hahaha, yeah, I know you are very particular about stuff, but because of that you are probably the best tester I know, plus you've been doing this for a long long time ;)

So when I'm done(or think I'm done and you've broken eveything you can) and you've created the "Arrick" style, i'll include it before it goes for Alpha testing

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 2

yardameus

I wondered about the font as well, but sometimes things like that seem more clear when you are actually browsing through the theme, not just looking at a picture, so I'll wait on judgment until I actually see it.  Good to see you back and making more themes.  For a moment I was hoping you were too busy developing a new theme for MBT behind the scenes, and that's why you were more "quiet" than usual. sigh...

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

thanks buddy, well the reason I've been quiet is because I have a house to completely renovate from scratch and also work and code when I can.

And to add to the the missus has just bought a thorough bred to add to the 4 we already have, so I'll be building more stables. Lol

Anyway MBT is not ready to accept themes just yet, and I love MBC over every other client, in fact I just bought an Intel i5 NUC to replace the RAoku3 in the bedroom. So I thought I would make another theme and I'm lucky to have @@shaefurr to help with designing it.

I find the font works really nice in the theme and its teamed up with Segoe UI Semilight which looks nice when reading overviews and long strings of text.

yardameus

Yeah, my hope was MBT was secretively ready for themes.  I too really like the look.  I also like how the font is "big" but not too imposing.  

Cheesegeezer

So I'm currently working on the Details View Layout and Here is the WIP.

tWGUGkF.jpg

Cheesegeezer

Yesterday, Got Busy finishing off the Final Details Page.  I have taken your comments onboard regarding, MPAA, RT rating, Imdb rating and MediaInfo and will definately be factoring those in. Shaeff needs a time out at the minute, so I need to honor that.

I'm a little stuck with what to do with the Episode thumb image.

So here are some screenies for your for what to expect from the Final Details Page

http://imgur.com/a/5wLTh

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 2

I think the episode thumb is fine but make it a little larger and lose the series poster (or whatever it is) in the lower right corner.  It is just duplication and noise you don't need.

Looking really slick.

• Like 1

I do agree, however, with the previous comment that the font spacing in the items like "Director" and "Aired" make those items very difficult to read.  The eye has to really focus in just to pick out the words and then you have to concentrate even harder to discern the difference between the labels and the values.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

I think the episode thumb is fine but make it a little larger and lose the series poster (or whatever it is) in the lower right corner.  It is just duplication and noise you don't need.

Looking really slick.

Yeah I should make it larger and move it away from the text more, the image in the lower right is actually a Clear Art image, we were thinking it's a more funky way off representing a logo, as we've done away with the logo, due to the poster being a really good size.

And thanks for the kind comment

I do agree, however, with the previous comment that the font spacing in the items like "Director" and "Aired" make those items very difficult to read.  The eye has to really focus in just to pick out the words and then you have to concentrate even harder to discern the difference between the labels and the values.

Yeah i've been looking at them more and I have to agree,  for the smaller text, expecially with 2 lines or more, makes very it very difficult. 

I'll just use the Segoe UI Semilight I've been using for most of the other smaller text.  

yardameus

I think the episode thumb is fine but make it a little larger and lose the series poster (or whatever it is)

I think it's just the clearart over a building image in the background, which makes it look like a poster.  Didn't bug me in any of the other images, but it totally looks redundant in Arrow.

Cheesegeezer

Ok, a little update for you on progress, been working hard on the Home Page mainly. Still need to tweak the UI Layout a bit more but it gives you some idea

thoughts please...

e0Y3PB2.jpg

Also tweaked the Final Details due to the obvious requests of missing info

DQaskiI.jpg

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 2

buddyweiser

Ok, a little update for you on progress, been working hard on the Home Page mainly. Still need to tweak the UI Layout a bit more but it gives you some idea

thoughts please...

e0Y3PB2.jpg

Also tweaked the Final Details due to the obvious requests of missing info

DQaskiI.jpg

It looks fantastic! And is that rotating disc art I'm seeing? :-0

Sent using my G3

• Like 1

Don't want to be too critical at this stage but, man there is a lot going on on that home screen...  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Don't want to be too critical at this stage but, man there is a lot going on on that home screen...  :ph34r:

Yeah, i know, i'm just going to leave it for a while and keep looking at it.  You know yourself what it's like when you create a UI, something will pop out at you to create something beautiful and I have @@shaefurr to help me with that goal too ;)

Cheesegeezer

And is that rotating disc art I'm seeing? :-0

Sent using my G3

No chance, you know my views on pointless animations lol

• Like 1

buddyweiser

No chance, you know my views on pointless animations lol

Haha I do, which is why I was surprised to see the disc art lopsided, giving the appearance that it was rotating when the screenshots was taken.

Sent using my G3

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

@@Yogi

I could make the items bigger, making the scroller look less cluttered, i guess.

Cheesegeezer

Ok, so hows this looking now? Much easier on the eye I think

sUAYcCO.jpg

• Like 6

Personally, I still think there is too much going on but that's just me.  Also, I think you need to make the smaller tiles on the bottom be an exact multiple of the larger tiles above them so that they line up.

But, with you and Shaefurr on the case, I'm sure you'll work all this out so I'm gonna move on now... :).

Cheesegeezer

But, with you and Shaefurr on the case, I'm sure you'll work all this out so I'm gonna move on now... :).

LOL

keep-calm-and-move-along.jpg

• Like 1