IRIDIUM: A NEW MBC THEME COMING SOON!!!

Cheesegeezer

techywarrior

That's nice and clean. One other thing, can you add the end time below runtime? I think that's a pretty handy feature. (who wants to do match when you are sitting on the couch trying to veg out :) I don't recall other themes having the last watched date/time on a view before. Is that something that people request or use? Just curious because it's always seemed like an arbitrary stat in MBS.

Cheesegeezer

lol techy, I find it a pretty useless feature, and yes, I find end time much more useful. Shaeff makes the layouts, I code them, then we tweak. Swapping info about is easy, they are place holders.

the (un)watched indicators are much more useful.

techywarrior

Haha, sounds good Cheese. Yea, unwatched is crucial. I'm pretty good about knowing which of my 1000 movies I have watched but I have a much harder time remembering which episode I last watched of a TV show :)

Btw, I haven't tried the new MBC yet so this may be a base feature in MBC now but Square had a "next up" for TV which was really handy. If that's not a part of MBC it would be really handy if you could add it. Not sure how ST incorporated it (there does seem to be a noticeable delay when his EHS loads) but it's super handy.

Edited by techywarrior

Cheesegeezer

dude, that's been a feature in xenon and is already in this, read the first post and scroll thru the images.

lol

techywarrior

I already said I can remember all 1000 movies I have, all about them, if I watched etc. There is no room for anything else :)

I just noticed that the new version of MBC is in beta (I think it's been there a week but I've been so busy I haven't watched anything) and Square has some issues with it (I'll report to ST and see if he plans an update) but maybe this will become my new standard theme when it's released :)

Cheesegeezer

yeah, the new beta basically uses the same view format that the web UI does, so enter movies and you get the same top folders from web in MBC. Person all not a fan, but you can switch this off by going to legacy view in the settings.

so if your in a series folder do you think that a nextup bit of info would be useful? Easy enough to grab and display. Might take a look at that.

Edited by Cheesegeezer

techywarrior

I think that the change to MBC is actually important for the project as a whole. For new users coming to MB it is very odd when you are told to configure things in MBS and then most clients adhere to it but some don't. All the clients should present the same library structure even if the method is device specific. I have complained to 7 about the same issue on the Win8 app. Not everyone may like it because they are accustomed to it in MBC but at least ebr left the legacy option for those who want it.

So, next up is shown on the EHS or main page of TV (I know, I should go look at the pictures again but I am watching the Liverpool derby. Go reds!), and then when you enter the series it would show the next up episode? Yes, I think that would be really handy. Would save a lot of time after entering the series because you wouldn't have to figure out which season you were on and then scroll down the list to see which episode doesn't have the watched indicator (or which is the first with the unwatched indicator)

Cheesegeezer

enjoy your kissball match, england beat wales in the rugby today.

after you watched it go and have a look.

catch ya laterz, getting on a flight to Frankfurt now.

techywarrior

Ok, so I see Next Up is one of the sub nav menus in TV. That's good. Depending on what the series page looked like it probably wouldn't be that bad to have a way to jump straight to the next up episode from there. That way if there is a limit to next up in the menu (not sure if you plan on that being infinite or only show 6/8/etc.) and it wasn't there you could still get to it.

Also, if you are undecided as to what to watch and you are scrolling thru the TV shows when you select one you would be able to quickly then go to the next up episode.

shaefurr

I have the perfect idea of how to incorporate the next up into the tv shows view if cheese can do it

techywarrior

I have the perfect idea of how to incorporate the next up into the tv shows view if cheese can do it

I'm sure he can do it :)

Keep making it awesome guys.

shaefurr

Just sent cheese a ton of reworked stuff, the TV banner view in particular I think you guys will love. :D

Cheesegeezer

Apologies for the lack of updates, however I got home and have to fit carpets and kitchen flooring and also have to enjoy a bit of time with Mrs.Cheese too.  Should be in full flow next week hopefully. 

• Like 2

aspdend

Hey chaps, can I ask you to refer to this thread:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/18310-server-server-generated-images-for-missing-images/

regarding the theme using default images where images are missing from the metadata in the relevant folder. For example, a default image where there is no 'Season X 'folder - Ebr reckons chocolate does this - I know through experience Xenon doesn't - but this sounds like a great feature for Iridium!!

Cheesegeezer

Ok so been working on the details page and it's getting there. Still some things to sort out and Show/Hide to fully finish off 

Just wondered what your thoughts were. 

Excuse the lagginess in the video, i recorded it on my work laptop (which is slow ass, i3) and Camtasia took over it's brain lol

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 4

newfiend

This looks awesome! Nice work. Now hurry up and finish so I can throw some cash at you.. Haha.. Seriously though, looks great!

• Like 2

shaefurr

I've been playing with it quite a bit, and I gotta say its fantastic so far. The force is strong with Cheese.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

I've been playing with it quite a bit, and I gotta say its fantastic so far. The force is strong with Cheese.

A formidable team, I have to say:D

oblivion - are you an effective team? Lol