Emby TV CLUB

CBers

Macburp

I've been enjoying The Crown. Well written mostly, well observed, and great performances. I just can't get my head around Matt Smith as Prince Philip, keep expecting the sonic screwdriver to come out.

• Like 1

CBers

Has anyone else watched The Grand Tour yet? So glad these boys are back.

It was good for episode 1.

Will have to reserve judgement until I've seen a few more :)

Certainly better than the last series of Top Gear.

Spaceboy

No its basically Top Gear in a massive tent.

it is exactly that. I'm surprised some of it isn't infringing copyright tbh!

im85288

Or even better in this case, via amazon prime and check it out in 4K. Really enjoyed episode 1...next week the "tent" is in South Africa allegedly :)

Latchmor

I was invited to the 'tent' :P They are filming in Inverness (1.5 hours from me) and Amazon emailed several weeks ago to ask if I wanted to attend, but I can't. Haven't watched ep1 yet but will this week.

swhitmore

I was invited to the 'tent' :P They are filming in Inverness (1.5 hours from me) and Amazon emailed several weeks ago to ask if I wanted to attend, but I can't. Haven't watched ep1 yet but will this week.

Seriously? I would give anything for that. I went to one of their live stage shows once. It was absolutely crap. Hammond wasn't even there, and the other 2 didn't want to be there. I think the filming would be cool though.

• Like 1

Latchmor

Seriously? I would give anything for that. I went to one of their live stage shows once. It was absolutely crap. Hammond wasn't even there, and the other 2 didn't want to be there. I think the filming would be cool though.

Well I'm not a big fan but I do watch them. It was bad timing and would include a day off work. I'm guessing all Prime members within a certain distance were asked I maybe still had to buy the tickets, can't remember.

After a quick google it appears they were selling tickets through Amazon beginning of Nov and are filming 2nd/3rd Dec.

CBers

Dreadful 2nd episode after a promising start.

It wasn't as good as the first episode, but it was funny in parts.

Minimal car content, but they stated that in episode 1.

Hopefully episode 3 will be better.

joshstix

Didn't enjoy the first person shooter IRL, portion of it at all.  Some things just need to be given some respect.

CharleyVarrick

Here are my tv favorites, in alphabetical order:

Almost Human

The Americans

Breaking Bad

Criminal Minds

Designated Survivor

The Event

Flashforward

Fringe

Heroes

Homeland

The Last Ship

Lost

Persons Unknown

Prison Break

The Prisoner

Rectify

Soundbreaking

Star Trek (original series)

Top of the Lake

The Walking Dead

Wayward Pines

The X-Files

Spaceboy

Dreadful 2nd episode after a promising start.

agreed, second episode was terrible. i know guns and shit have an appeal outside of the UK that they don't inside but i struggle to imagine even the most gun toting of americans to have enjoyed the israeli army bit. it was just dire.

Edited by Spaceboy

im85288

Agree with the other comments on the second episode....utter trash. Jokes were really bad, acting was bad...whole episode was bad. Actually had more fun messing around on my iPad (which for me is always the sign that the episode is boring the pants of me)

• 2 weeks later...
mediacowboy

Anyone start watching the White Rabbit Project. I like that it isn't Mythbusters but wish they did more hands on stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished watching Rectify a few days ago, series finale... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Yes, very different show but great TV IMO.  Sad to see it end but I'm glad they didn't try to drag it out and left lots of "open endedness" to it.

CBers

Currently watching "shooter", only on the 3rd episode but so far so good.

Not bad for a show of this type.

Main character gets stitched up then has to clear themselves.

Not sure how long it will take, as season 2 has already been commissioned.

• Like 1