Emby TV CLUB

CBers

arrbee99

Seen the first series. I thought it was good, not exactly action packed if your into the body/gunfight/explosions every 10 seconds variety. T'other half took a disliking to the main character (James Nesbitt) though.

arrbee99

Bodyguard (BBC) also seems good to me so far (only seen first 2 episodes) - got good reviews in general.

Guest asrequested

I like introspection, so less action and more facial expression :)

I'm getting The Missing, already have Bodyguard, but not watched.

• Like 1

Guest asrequested

Dunno if you like gentler retro police stuff, but bit of a fan of (Inspector) George Gently.

Martin Shaw! OMG! The last time I remember seeing him was in The Professionals (loved that show), when I was a snot of a boy in Wales.

arrbee99

The very same (seems to have changed hair dressers though)...

5bcac0174cf9b_MartinShaw.jpg

...and think I was a little angel snot in exotic Liverpool around the same time.

arrbee99

Quite like Vera as well. They're both set up in the land of the Geordie accent, just different eras.

CharleyVarrick

I've also watched the w episodes of THE ORVILLE, but didn't find it funny in the slightest.

Visuals are excellent, but just no comedy.

I keep thinking of GALAXY QUEST and how bad that was, but it's still better than TO so far.

Just my opinion :)

I have to partly agree here. To me, it's a well-crafted, simple or first-level comedy.

And G.Q. is so bad that it's good in a weird way :unsure:

• 1 month later...
CharleyVarrick

I'm curious about tvdb.com background pictures, when you land on their site, you're greeted by good old Rick from TWD, then it changes to the cast of Lost, but what is that 3rd picture taken from?

Happy2Play

I'm curious about tvdb.com background pictures, when you land on their site, you're greeted by good old Rick from TWD, then it changes to the cast of Lost, but what is that 3rd picture taken from?

Battlestar Galactica

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
AdrianW

Anyone watching My Brilliant Friend? I'm on my second viewing, re-started almost immediately after finishing episode 8 (there's only 8 episodes in this first season).

And for something completely different - WAYNE from the writers of Deadpool. It has a similar vibe to The End of the F***ing World.

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 1

SkyBehind

Rick & Morty - entertaining for most, really entertaining if you are smart.

Informer

Sacred Games - In Hindi, but I'm not readily familiar with Indian culture so it was interesting on top of being a decent story.

Counterpart

12 Monkeys - this is probably my favorite show of all time, it really made me think through logic loops  

Diedrich

Since entertainment mediums are evolving, it's only fair to include sources such as YouTube.

I've REALLY enjoyed the YouTube channel DUST. They have sci-fi movie shorts that are theatrical-quality and are only 15-20 minutes in length.

Another cinematic-quality TV series is Star Trek: Discovery. It's phenomenal!

A new season of True Detective started and it's very good.

Yes, back to its roots.  This season is structured and "feels" very much like the first one.

AdrianW

Yes, back to its roots. 

Can I just skip season 2 - each season is separate, right?

I just couldn't bring myself to waste time even starting season 2 after all the bad reviews.

I had a similar problem with The Wire - binged season 1, and then really struggled with the first couple of episodes in season 2 and just stopped watching altogether.

Edited by AdrianW