Emby TV CLUB

CBers

swhitmore

Started watching Stranger Things last night too. My wife and I really enjoyed it. Recommended as well.

Edited by swhitmore
  • Like 2

mediacowboy

Really enjoying what is going on in Animal Kingdom (2016). This show is WOW.

Ian-Highlander

I normally love Mr Robot - but I kept falling asleep during this week's episode.

Last season was pretty good but this season has turned into a tedious, drug addled borefest, we've actually stopped watching it. They've totally ruined the premise of the storyline this season, got half way through an episode and turned it off it was that bad.

• 2 weeks later...
xnappo

Not new..but new to me is Line of Duty, just finished season 1 and enjoyed the police drama a lot. Best of all it's now on season 3 so still some more binge watching ahead :)

Thanks for this recommendation - it just made it to the top of our queue and we got through the first season over the weekend.  Great show for season 1.  Are the other seasons as good?

swhitmore

I have it queued up.  Was waiting for it to finish so I could watch at my own pace :).

Yeah, good idea. I think the last episode is on Sunday.

xnappo

The Night Of is definitely a good one to queue up, would have driven me nuts to watch waiting a week between eps

xnappo

Its not the speediest show around though is it.

Sure isn't.  I like it - but everything about it is slow.  'Hey, let's look at the reflection in this puddle for 30 seconds' :D

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

mediacowboy

I have to say I've been watching the night of and I prefer the slowness it allows me to try to better understand the characters.

• Like 1

swhitmore

I started watching 11.22.63 with my wife this week. Great show, but I do have mixed feelings about some of it. The story can get a bit out of place sometimes. They skip explaining certain aspects, but linger on others. It is a really compelling show though, and I recommend it. It has an amazing cast, and James Franco plays his part really well.

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Edited by swhitmore

AdrianW

I started watching 11.22.63 with my wife this week. Great show, but I do have mixed feelings about some of it. The story can get a bit out of place sometimes. They skip explaining certain aspects, but linger on others. It is a really compelling show though, and I recommend it. It has an amazing cast, and James Franco plays his part really well.

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I know it's usually the case - but you really need to read the novel. I enjoyed the TV show, but there is so much that has been left out (I would have expected more to be kept considering it's a 10 hour show).

In the book he attempts a number of different historical changes and resets the timeline over and over (by returning to the present) to get them to work. The whole try/reset/try again thing was missing from the show, and it was such an interesting part of the book.

• Like 1

im85288

The Night Of was very good, loved the first episode...second one bored me but then after rewatching it I was gripped to the finale.

Robot Wars I was very excited about.....but having watched it I expected a lot more cutting edge tech (like drones etc!)

• Like 1

All I can say after the finale of The Night Of is WOW.

I concur. Thanks to all who recommended it. Top show A++

AdrianW

I just watched the first episode of Donald Glover's new show Atlanta - I wasn't sure if I was going to like it during the first five minutes or so. But by the end I think it's going to be pretty good. 

Edited by AdrianW

Blueeyiz702

Just finished watching the last episode of season 3 The Last Ship,and all i can say is hurry up with season 4. Awesome show and never boring.

This has been good from beginning and has continued with season 2 and 3. I rate it 8.0 out of 10.0.

• Like 1

Just finished watching the last episode of season 3 The Last Ship,and all i can say is hurry up with season 4. Awesome show and never boring.

This has been good from beginning and has continued with season 2 and 3. I rate it 8.0 out of 10.0.

Yes I agree, an excellent show.

Will be watching the season finale tonight :)