Emby TV CLUB

CBers

adamstewiegreen

@@AdrianW yes, season 3 is completely seperate to season 2.

Season 3 lacks a lot of the philosophical/theological questions that made season 1 so interesting. Although I hope season 3 explores memory (much) more.

After having problems getting through the first season initially I've now watched The Wire 3 times, beginning to end. Stick with it, completely worth it.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
CharleyVarrick

Wife and I started to watch Manifest, the pilot was great but we quickly lost interest after 4 episodes. It turned from intriguing to soap opera.

• Like 1

Diedrich

Wife and I started to watch Manifest, the pilot was great but we quickly lost interest after 4 episodes. It turned from intriguing to soap opera.

Have it in the queue but from what you've said, it sounds like The Crossing.

The Magicians (2015) is fantastic, it's like a real life RPG.

Legion is wonderful as well but with a few snoozer episodes in each season. I'm bummed it got cancelled.

Oh, and one of the most visually beautiful (in a gruesome way) is Hannibal (2013). It also had some boring episodes scattered throughout but overall it was wonderful.

• Like 1

lightsout

I felt the same way. Thought it was going to be cool but I dumped it pretty quick.

CharleyVarrick

Have it in the queue but from what you've said, it sounds like The Crossing.

The Magicians (2015) is fantastic, it's like a real life RPG.

Legion is wonderful as well but with a few snoozer episodes in each season. I'm bummed it got cancelled.

Oh, and one of the most visually beautiful (in a gruesome way) is Hannibal (2013). It also had some boring episodes scattered throughout but overall it was wonderful.

I have The Crossing but haven't watched it yet. Sounds like I could place it near bottom of the "To watch" list :D

At the risk of starting an all-out global war, I found season 9 of The Walking Dead tedious to watch at best. I often found myself stopping/resume watching episodes.

lightsout

Bosch new season on Friday. One of my wife and I's favorite shows. Looking forward to it as there hasn't been much to watch lately.

I think I am kind of picky though.

CharleyVarrick

Especially for the picky's:

1) "Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan" deserves all the hype it got. Action Thriller at par with the best of them.

2) "Rectify" This might be the smartest-written best-acted show I ever watched period.

Diedrich

At the risk of starting an all-out global war, I found season 9 of The Walking Dead tedious to watch at best. I often found myself stopping/resume watching episodes.

At the end of season 8 I was absolutely blown away that the dead were evolving and talking. It gave me chills! The thought that they now had some sort of intelligence. And then the graveyard attack! They achieved fighting abilities and planning and thought?!?! Oh wait, no they didn't, it's just some psychos wearing skins on their faces...b o r i n g... Edited by Diedrich

2) "Rectify" This might be the smartest-written best-acted show I ever watched period.

Probably not for a lot of people but one of my favorites as well...

• Like 1

Spaceboy

I have The Crossing but haven't watched it yet. Sounds like I could place it near bottom of the "To watch" list :D

twd has been dead to me for a lot longer than that. Only the gf watches it now and when I’m not in. You always know it’s going to go downhill when season 4 is on and they are saying there will be 12 seasons in total.

lightsout

Especially for the picky's:

1) "Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan" deserves all the hype it got. Action Thriller at par with the best of them.

Thanks man. I really enjoyed Jack Ryan. Been thinking about watching it again. And I'll have to check out rectify.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest asrequested

Supernatural S14 season finale..... I mean...come on! And playing out with Motorhead - God Was Never On Your Side. S15 is going to be EPIC! (I hope).

BillOatman

I will recommend for a select audience ... https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083505/ (The Young Ones).

It is British Comedy so as I said, for a select audience :)

I happened to be living in England when this series was first run (yeah I'm old :) )

It is definitely a turn your brain off kind of a comedy, but fun if you like that.

There are 2 seasons.

They have a musical guest for most of the episodes, and one features a well known British metal band :)

Edited by BillOatman

Guest asrequested

lol.....I had forgotten that show. I actually liked Bottom, more. 

Edited by Doofus
  • Like 1

BillOatman

lol.....I had forgotten that show. I actually liked Bottom, more. 

2 of the same guys!   I haven't seen that one ... yet! :)

AdrianW

Ade Edmondson has been in a couple of Dramas I've watched recently (Bancroft and Cheat) - he was excellent in the Young Ones and Bottom, but he's a terrible dramatic actor (at least in those two shows).

Guest asrequested

I thought the same thing about Jason Bateman before Ozark.

Bateman's 'dead pan' acting is a shoe-in for drama. Have you seen Disconnect? I love that movie. I think he's better in drama than comedy. Ade Edmodson is not in this realm lol

WilhelmStroker

Probably not for a lot of people but one of my favorites as well...

I loved Rectify, such a great show. Definitely not for everyone, but I loved it. Some very strong emotional scenes but also very subtly funny in places.One of my favourites.

Currently really enjoying Barry about a hitman who joins an acting class. I find it hysterically funny in places.

Edited by WilhelmStroker

AdrianW

Currently really enjoying Barry about a hitman who joins an acting class. 

Have you watched last week's episode yet (S02E05 ronny/lily)? What a fantastic episode.

WilhelmStroker

Have you watched last week's episode yet (S02E05 ronny/lily)? What a fantastic episode.

Yup that was a fantastic episode.

• 2 months later...
dansblackcat

I've been really enjoying 'Brockmire', well worth checking out.

And if you're a fan of English comedies like The Inbetweeners then I highly recommend 'Plebs' and also 'Friday Night Dinner'.

AdrianW

and also 'Friday Night Dinner'.

Love that show - season 6 coming in 2020 :)

Similar shows to consider: Fresh Meat, Green Wing & Siblings.