Emby TV CLUB

CBers

xnappo

12 Monkeys is really good.

I love Emily Hampshire in it - she plays Jennifer Goines (equivalent of Brad Pitt character in the movie, also the best part).

Edited by xnappo

chef

Tonight my wife and I thought we would watch supergirl...

We saw half the pilot and then started the one which features the flash... Then I deleted any trace of exsistance of that god awful show from the server.

I'm sorry, but between name dropping (of superman) and terrible acting, it is disgraceful...

• Like 3

thefirstofthe300

@@chef...I didn't even make it past the pilot.  I applaud your fortitude.

Needless to say, Supergirl disappeared from my server faster than it got there.  How CBS has found justification to even hint at a possibility of renewal is beyond me!

Again on 12 Monkeys, I am gonna have to watch the first season again in the next couple of weeks.  Sadly, I can't remember quite everything that happened; there was just too much and all of it was good.  I have to agree that Jennifer Goines has been a good character: surprisingly mysterious, and complex despite being bat-crap crazy.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I have to disagree. Supergirl is a great show. The progression of the storyline is very smooth. Compared to Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow, it has a lighter feel to it, like the Flash.

Yes, they mention Superman, but I'm ok with not seeing him on screen yet. This allows Supergirl to shine on her own and because of it, we can clearly see her progression as a superhero in the way she fights and having to make hard decisions. The story is not a fluff piece, Supergirl doesn't always succeeds. The women on this show are very strong and I'm loving it. Looking forward to season 2. One episode is not enough to judge the show, soooo much happens right until the end of the season.

One more day for Game of Thrones and Silicon Valley. My life will be complete once more! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2

jluce50

One more day for Game of Thrones and Silicon Valley. My life will be complete once more! :)

Yes!! 

CBers

SuperGirl is OK.

A bit slow to start, but it's picking up.

Bear in mind I've only seen the first 5 episodes ;)

thefirstofthe300

If I remember right, what grated on me most was the dialogue.  I remember it being worse than Blindspot, which I am watching simply because I have never seen a show based on this premise (and Jaimie Alexander is quite good).  If you say it is picking up, I might give it one more shot but I am not quite so hopeful.  So far, the only thing from DC, movie or TV, that I have completely enjoyed since Dark Knight Rises is the Flash.

chef

Game of Thrones S06E01 was very profound. Looking forward to see which Stark will get it this season... lol!

mediacowboy

Haven't seen it yet. Still two episodes out. I read somewhere that this is the last full season. Then there will be 13 or 14 more episodes and it's done. [emoji17]

chef

Haven't seen it yet. Still two episodes out. I read somewhere that this is the last full season. Then there will be 13 or 14 more episodes and it's done. [emoji17]

Hopefully, they write more books, so we have have more seasons.

If the writers keep it up though, with some of the reveals like in last nights episode, you'll want to go back and rewatch seasons again...

ice pube

I was a little disappointed in the first episode, it felt more like an aftermath episode for season 5. I would assume it will get better as the season progresses - the first shot of the episode was fantastic. 

mediacowboy

I have to disagree. Yes it was the after math but I love the fact I was able to finish season 5 and go right onto season 6 and not go what the flip did I miss. I hate shows like that. All in all I love the way the new episode started. And looking forward to what may come.

chef

Oh boy! So many people died in GoT!

The ending of the episode was exactly what I thought it was going to be!

Edited by swhitmore
spoilers
  • Like 1

FrostByte

Poor

Shaggydog

:(

but good riddance

Olly

How's it hangin' kid?  :)

Edited by FrostByte

thefirstofthe300

So after almost three full seasons, the Blacklist STILL has me off balance, wondering what the crap is gonna happen next. The guy who creates these storylines is a fricking genius. I thought when they killed Liz that the show was going to die but I can actually see them creating another season based solely on Tom, his daughter, Hargrave, and Red.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
xnappo

Silicon Valley was hilarious last night.  I have to think they know anyone who uses spaces just has their tab key mapped to 4 and they had her using the space bar just to cause a ruckus :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
CBers

The Five, U.K. Drama. Good twists to the plot

First positive feedback for the show I've read.

I have all of the episodes, but not had a chance to binge watch them as yet :)

The Five, U.K. Drama. Good twists to the plot

Yes, I enjoyed that one.

The second season of Bloodline was pretty great IMO.  Hate that it will probably be more than a year for more of it.

I am probably biased towards this series because it takes place where my kids and I have been going each summer for years but it is a good show nonetheless.

xnappo

Angie Tribeca is hilarious, or at least the pilot was.  Whole family was laughing.

AdrianW

Angie Tribeca is hilarious, or at least the pilot was.  Whole family was laughing.

It is great stuff. Season 2 just started this week.