Emby TV CLUB

CBers

Macburp

The second series of Schitt's Creek is just getting into its stride. The first season was excellent, and this one is constantly so funny - its a sarcastic humour that has me laughing all the way through. Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara are excellent, recommended.

ginjaninja

just finished season 2 of true detective after 3 attempts to get past 1st episode and the change in expectations...

definitely worth persevering with..

fantaxp7

I've been rewatching The Sopranos.

I watched the entire series once, maybe back 7 years ago, so it's nice revisiting it as it's been so long. 

Such a great show. 

• Like 1

joshstix

Someone mentioned Mozart in the Jungle a while ago and I need to thank them.  Ostensibly this is subject matter that I am not interested in, classical music and musicians, but them production and character development are so good I watched all of it over the past few days.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
fantaxp7

Anyone else watch 11.22.63?

It started out a little slow, or worrisome. James Franco isn't the best actor and it seemed to give a lot of the plot really quickly in the beginning BUT then it gets very good as it goes on. I am very excited for this show, it listed JJ Abrams and Spielberg as producers and it really has a hybrid feel of those two and Stephen King who wrote it. 

I'd recommend checking it out.

• Like 2

CBers

Anyone else watch 11.22.63?

I'd recommend checking it out.

Thanks fanta - it's on my list to watch :)

• Like 1

AdrianW

Yes - just finished the episode. It was really good, I though Franco did a pretty decent job.

I read the book a few years back and this followed the story very well, although I think they...

added the bit with the parrot video on the phone.

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 1

swhitmore

I'm really getting into The Magicians. I didn't realise it would get so dark, but I love where they can go with it.

• Like 1

im85288

For anyone who wants a glimpse of the future (and your into gaming) episode 2 of Black Mirror Season 1 is great. Episode 1 was nuts!

• Like 1

joshstix

For anyone who wants a glimpse of the future (and your into gaming) episode 2 of Black Mirror Season 1 is great. Episode 1 was nuts!

HAHA I watched episode one quite a while back.  I've never worked up the resolve to watch any more.

swhitmore

I don't know if I can handle that show. The episodes last year where too real for me. Very heavy show.

xnappo

Watched the first Vinyl.  I liked it more than I expected as I was worried I was too young to appreciate it at 42 :)  Was not a problem.

• 2 weeks later...
MrWebsmith

yup... esp some of the later seasons.. they dipped a bit in the middle.. maybe s3/s4ish.. tough to recall.. but then really turned it on at the end... loved that show

thefirstofthe300

House is great. I'm in season 4. He's such a lovable jackass.

And I swear, If Daredevil gets anymore intense, I WILL have a stress-induced heart attack. So well built so far (2 episodes in).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 2

chef

Yes daredevil has been amazing so far I am also 1.5 episodes in.

Great casting for the Punisher! But how did he get to the roof top with a sniper rifle so fast in the first episode???

• Like 1

thefirstofthe300

I agree, the Punisher is extremely well cast. Watching him get ticked is genuinely scary.

That is a good question... I didn't catch that.

Edited by thefirstofthe300

chef

Is daredevil the best series? Yes! It is quite possibly the best series available. The fight scenes are unbelievable.

• Like 1

thefirstofthe300

Daredevil is definitely amazing. I have been pleasantly surprised how much better it got after the first few episodes. Between DD and JJ, Marvel has some of the best TV on right now.

• Like 1

Redshirt

But how did he get to the roof top with a sniper rifle so fast in the first episode???

I just re-watched that episode. If I was to guess, I'd say he had the gun on the roof before he started. Based on the cache on the other roof in ep 3. When Page and Grotto entered the stairwell they were on the 4th floor. I guess we have to assume the building isn't much taller than 4-5 floors and that same stairwell had a roof access, and that The Punisher didn't even attempt chase down the stairs.

• Like 3

ginjaninja

A recommendation for 'The Grinder'

Its a light hearted family sit com, with regular stories and references around tv industry and to the fourth wall, which dont need to be shoehorned in due to the shows premise.

namely airhead TV Lawyer thinks he adds value in brother's law firm and life in general...and some time succeeds but always with a massively inflated opinion of himself, to the chagrin of his actual lawyer brother.

it doesnt take itself too seriously, its well made  and something to wind down to.....

the experience in front and behind camera of fred savage and rob lowe playing a role hes believable in doesn't hurt.

its got the ascerbic Natalie Morales from middleman...