Emby TV CLUB

CBers

thefirstofthe300

Just watched the Seinfeld muffin top episode and just about died laughing. How have I not watched this series before now!?

Another show I have really enjoyed is Tim Allen's Last Man Standing, probably because I am a conservative. Starting to get into Home Improvement too.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

xnappo

Really liked the first episode of 'The Detour'.  Not for the kids, but very funny.

• Like 1

thefirstofthe300

Watched the first episode of Game of Silence and I have to say that it reminds me of a better version of Revenge. The acting is excellent IMO and the story is well written so far.

CBers

I'm enjoying Marcella so far. Trying to guess the twists that will come! :)

Yes it's very good.

The Five looks intriguing from the trailers I've seen.

• Like 1

joshstix

I enjoy Harlan Coben's books so I'll be watching The Five for sure at least to get a handle on how it lines up with what I've seen from him in the past.

AdrianW

Really liked the first episode of 'The Detour'.  Not for the kids, but very funny.

Thanks for that - Really good first episode.

• Like 1

im85288

Not new..but new to me is Line of Duty, just finished season 1 and enjoyed the police drama a lot. Best of all it's now on season 3 so still some more binge watching ahead :)

Not new..but new to me is Line of Duty, just finished season 1 and enjoyed the police drama a lot. Best of all it's now on season 3 so still some more binge watching ahead :)

I love discovering older shows like this because Emby has spoiled me on being able to watch episodes as I want instead of having to wait for them every week. :)

I recently discovered "The Killing".  Season 1 and 2 were great but the wheels started to come off a bit by the end of Season 3 (which I just finished).  Probably why there was only one more short season before it cancelled.

Latchmor

It's fantastic.I re-watched the whole of Season 1 yesterday. The seasons get better!

mediacowboy

Anyone watching the blacklist and seen this week's episode? Holy cow was it twisting.

Ian-Highlander

My wife's been waiting anxiously for "The Five", Sky 1's new Harlan Coben series for months now. It finally started and we watched the first couple of episodes over the weekend.

What can I say other than don't bother, it's a couple of hours of your life you'll never get back (and there's another eight episodes yet apparently).

I think this review by The Telegraph (one of the largest Uk broadsheet newspapers) sums it up very well indeed (worth reading the review just for the laugh IMO). http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/04/15/harlan-cobens-the-five-is-like-a-blood-spattered-chitty-chitty-b/

Edit: just to say there are very big spoilers in the above review, if you do want to watch it and haven't yet, don't read the review :)

Edited by Ian-Highlander

CBers

My wife's been waiting anxiously for "The Five", Sky 1's new Harlan Coben series for months now. It finally started and we watched the first couple of episodes over the weekend.

What can I say other than don't bother, it's a couple of hours of your life you'll never get back (and there's another eight episodes yet apparently).

I think this review by The Telegraph (one of the largest Uk broadsheet newspapers) sums it up very well indeed (worth reading the review just for the laugh IMO). http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/04/15/harlan-cobens-the-five-is-like-a-blood-spattered-chitty-chitty-b/

We were looking forward to THE FIVE before your post :)

It's always the same when a new series starts though, divided opinion.

It's a one-off show, so there will only be 10 episodes.

According to Harlan Coben on the radio last week, there is a significant twist towards the end (surprise-surprise), so we might stick it out.

Ian-Highlander

We were looking forward to THE FIVE before your post :)

It's always the same when a new series starts though, divided opinion.

It's a one-off show, so there will only be 10 episodes.

According to Harlan Coben on the radio last week, there is a significant twist towards the end (surprise-surprise), so we might stick it out.

It's a shame to be honest, it had the promise of being really good and my wife loves everything he's written and is obsessed by his books so was a massive let down for her.

It goes from ridiculously bad to utterly farsical to be honest. Started off looking good for the first 15mins or so and then dropped off a cliff very fast indeed, a huge let down. Not even sure if we're going to bother with the rest of the season to be honest it was that bad (and normally we'll ride it out to see if it improves or not).

Of course there are always going to be differing opinions and no doubt some people will love it. The above is just our opinion :)

• Like 1

jordy

Anyone watching the blacklist and seen this week's episode? Holy cow was it twisting.

yeah, watched it last night and have to agree 100%. left me wondering...

• Like 1

Ian-Highlander

As I've added a negative comment about a series that looked like it was going to be good, I should probably re-dress the balance with a few positive ones.

11.22.63 - was worth a watch, did get a little silly near the end at one point but was very good for the most part and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Arrow - this along with The Flash and the regular crossovers between the two are probably up there very near the top of our list at the moment. Brilliantly executed and that's coming from someone who never liked that sort of thing in the past.

Better Call Saul - has it's slightly poor moments, but overall is proving to be extremely good and standing on it's own feet not riding the coat tails of Breaking Bad.

Black Sails - Someone described this as Game of thrones with pirates and initially it did kind of feel that way a bit, but it's found its feet and is proving to be extremely good indeed.

Blindspot - Loving this show, so far it's been extremely good, a little predictable in places (aren't they all these days), but overall well worth watching.

Colony - Bit slow getting moving, but we're a few episodes in now and it's keeping us interested (although not obsessively like some), worth a watch though.

Criminal Minds Beyond Borders - Been a little disappointed with this so far, bit slow off the ground, but it's good enough to keep us watching just not up there with the best yet but seeing Gary Sinisse back taking the lead in something new is always welcome as we loved him in CSI NY.

Crossing Lines - Interesting is about the best way I can describe this right now, again not up there with the greats, but easily good enough to keep interest, story is a bit samey at times but give it a go if you're short of things to watch.

Game of thrones - we were very late to the party with GOT, had ignored it for years as it "didn't look like our sort of thing", one night Amy (my wife) and I sat bored and decided to give it a go and were absolutely hooked from episode 1 and ended up binge watching it in very short order indeed. If you're like us and haven't tried it because you don't think it's you, give it a go, seriously. It surprised the hell out of me that it dragged me in so quickly.

Grimm - Another one that we've loved from the start, it's got a little silly in places at times and another one that gets a bit samey sometimes, but still definitely holding our interest enough to be one of the first things we watch when we've got it to.

Legends of tomorrow - bit slow off the ground but loving this show now, while it does stand on it's own, you do HAVE to have watched Arrow really to understand a lot of the references and those will completely pass you by if you haven't which would take away from it.

Limitless - For the most part, downright brilliant, near enough perfect combination of humour and excitement. Not the best show in the world, but very very good indeed (watch the film first).

Might get round to the second half of the alphabet later if I find time to post :)

Edited by Ian-Highlander
  • Like 1

CBers

As I've added a negative comment about a series that looked like it was going to be good, I should probably re-dress the balance with a few positive ones.

Arrow - this along with The Flash and the regular crossovers between the two are probably up there very near the top of our list at the moment. Brilliantly executed and that's coming from someone who never liked that sort of thing in the past.

Legends of tomorrow - bit slow off the ground but loving this show now, while it does stand on it's own, you do HAVE to have watched Arrow really to understand a lot of the references and those will completely pass you by if you haven't which would take away from it.

If you're watching these three shows, then you should add SuperGirl to your list, as there is/was a crossover with The Flash.

We're still a bit behind with SuperGirl at the moment :(

• Like 2

thefirstofthe300

Another Blacklist lover here. I am still wondering where the heck the show is going, in a good way. I simply cannot figure out where they are going. I think they are finally going to reveal what relationship Reddington is to Liz by the end of the season but I am seriously thinking her mom is still alive too...maybe.

As far as Limitless goes, I originally gave up on it after the first two episodes but got back into it after everyone here said they were enjoying it. Then I realized it was more of a comedy driven by action than action with comedy. Since that realization, I haven't missed an episode of Limitless.

All of the DC shows (excluding the Flash) have been disappointing to me. Chef is right. Season 1 of Arrow was the best and has gotten to the point this season where I watch it to laugh. Supergirl's pilot was so bad that I couldn't finish the episode, a first for me. If I remember right, the dialogue was ridiculous, none of the actors seemed to be cast correctly, and the storyline was appallingly bad for the first episode. Normally I can at least stomach an episode or two before dropping a show. The Flash on the other hand has been quite well executed.

12 Monkeys...oh my fricking...wow...when is episode two of this season...I need it now. I don't think any show will ever be as smart about time travel as 12 Monkeys or as well written.

Blindspot I have been enjoying mostly because of the premise being new to me. The show needs new writers who can ACTUALLY write decent dialogue though. And maybe a male lead who doesn't imitate a 2 by 4 while filming.

• Like 1

chef

12 monkeys is great! I wish they could have extended the story line a bit when his friend was in jail. It seemed to race through several years. It would have been cool to build the character a bit more.

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

yeah, watched it last night and have to agree 100%. left me wondering...

me three... damn.. i wouldnt have  guessed that one.   we'll see where it heads next

• Like 2

MrWebsmith

12 monkeys is great! I wish they could have extended the story line a bit when his friend was in jail. It seemed to race through several years. It would have been cool to build the character a bit more.

soo many shows, but this keeps getting recommended to me... ill have to try to bump it up in the queue this summer

• Like 2