embyforkodi (next-gen) 9.X.X support

quickmic

Tenker

hmmm...
Everything runs on a Synology NAS.
But I see a difference between v8 and 9.
With v9.x.x I see instead of 2
EMBY: Filme.Neue (movies)

EMBY: Favorisierte Filme
additionally

EMBY DYNAMIC: Filme.Neue (movies)

so together 3 (2) entries

Edited by Tenker

quickmic
41 minutes ago, Tenker said:

hmmm...
Everything runs on a Synology NAS.
But I see a difference between v8 and 9.
With v9.x.x I see instead of 2
EMBY: Filme.Neue (movies)

EMBY: Favorisierte Filme
additionally

EMBY DYNAMIC: Filme.Neue (movies)

so together 3 (2) entries

Yes, the tag is missing in 9.X cause you assigned same content to different Emby libraries. That's a bug, will be fixed.

• Thanks 1

djhifi
13 hours ago, quickmic said:

What do you have in mind?

I agree, cause Kodi favorites has major design flaws.

Unfortunately, I cannot remove existing options from context menu. Kodi has no option for that, only for adding options.

If somebody knows a hack, I would love to here it.

Yes, full reset is required, but I would wait for next version (9.3.0) cause it will require another reset.

I dont have anything particular in mind, I just thought if it was something already mentioned before or not.

But if you can add that option to the context menu, it would be enough. Because to use that feature from the context menu at the moment, we need to click "Emby Options" in the context menu first, couldn't you add it directly to the context menu itself instead of behind hidden inside that 1st step?

Regarding 9.3.0 gotcha, will wait to start testing 9.X 

You're doing an amazing job

quickmic

I had a quick look at the Kodi nightlies. Seems Kodi's new implementation of the movie version selection is no longer optional.

I'll add some modifications to get the plugin running.

• Like 1

quickmic

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 9.3.0:

Delta changelog 9.2.3 -> 9.3.0

fix artwork caching
fix delete downloaded content
change downloaded content label from downloaded to download
fix database I/O issue
fix queue issue/hibernate issue
support subscontent donwload (via season, tvshow)
add support for season favorites
fix favourites "remove" action via Kodi's default favourite view
add translations
fix numeric check (e.g. aspect ratio value was not detected)
fix dynamic node subcontent issue (e.g. movies -> genre)
make paging factors adjustable by content
fix dynamic nodes content reports to Emby server
fix native mode Windows path issue
fix queue timing issue
new tvtunes integration
remove emby server -> clean content settings and nodes
fix several minor issues
unify code
lower MusicAlbum paging value (Emby server > 4.8.0.58 (beta) has performacne issues with subcontent queries)
fix Kodi nightly database issue
fix file delete issue
fix virtual content issue e.g. for upcoming episodes
fix database reset for Windows

Comment:

Database reset is mandatory

• Like 2

FrostByte

Movies are syncing and playing for me in yesterday's nightly now using native mode and nfs paths.

• Like 1

embyL0VER

Well No.... I don't want to try this anymore.

- sourcrs.xml file in kodi user folder gets spammed with source "emby.media"

- advancedsettings.xml file gets edited with this add-on, sometimes it saves my personal settings sometimes not, than the file is completely empty only stupid substitute entries from Kodi next gen are present and I can edit this file again to add my personal settings

- Filmsammlungen syncen Noch immer nicht, wenn Tag aktiviert dann gibt es einen neuen Ordner "Sammlungsfilme"

Ist das ein Schreibfehler? Egal gesycnt wird nix Ordner leer

quickmic
11 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

Well No.... I don't want to try this anymore.

I'm not pushing you, this is still an experimental version 😉

If you wish, you can send me you custom sources.xml and advancedsettings.xml for review. Just a reminder, if Kodi wouldn't have so many bugs, I would be forced to write workarounds e.g. for xml parsing.

- Filmsammlungen syncen Noch immer nicht, wenn Tag aktiviert dann gibt es einen neuen Ordner "Sammlungsfilme"

Do you mean with nightly versions?

I can check again, but frankly looks like Kodi 21 is still under heavy development.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

One more Info, nightly version was tested with Kodi's database MyVideo129.db (which should be the latest one).

Any other version might not work! They changed it couple of times.

• Like 1

FrostByte

My advancedsettings got wiped out also, but wasn't sure if it was E4K or installing the nightly since I did them back-to-back.

Every setting except the network and pathsubstitution sections were deleted (which I think relate to E4K).  This may only happen when I reset the db, not sure.

I just recover mine from backup though.

It doesn't look like my sources.xml got wiped out though.

advancedsettings.xml

<splash>false</splash>							<!-- Set to false if you wish to disable the startup splash image. Defaults to true. -->
    <sorttokens>
        <token>The</token>
        <token>A</token>
        <token>An</token>
		<token seperators="'">T</token>
    </sorttokens>
    <network>
        <disablehttp2>true</disablehttp2>
        <curlclienttimeout>2</curlclienttimeout>
    </network>
    <pathsubstitution>
        <substitute>
            <from>/emby_addon_mode/</from>
            <to>http://127.0.0.1:57342/|redirect-limit=1000</to>
        </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>
	<!-- This setting is only relevant for Passthrough in the context of resyncing, e.g.; when there is no resampling possible. This value decides after which amount of discontinuity in milliseconds VideoPlayer will ErrorAdjust the Clock. On platforms like Android where the sink delay is just a non exact interpolation, a too small value might cause rare image stutter. The maximum value is 100 ms. A higher value makes no sense cause of A/V issues. This is a last-resort workaround as the root-cause cannot be mitigated 100% [Available from Kodi v20] -->
	<audio>
		<maxpassthroughoffsyncduration>96</maxpassthroughoffsyncduration>
	</audio>

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

quickmic
7 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

My advancedsettings got wiped out also, but wasn't sure if it was E4K or installing the nightly since I did them back-to-back.

Every setting except the network and pathsubstitution sections were deleted (which I think relate to E4K).  This may only happen when I reset the db, not sure.

I just recover mine from backup though.

It doesn't look like my sources.xml got wiped out though.

advancedsettings.xml 1.29 kB · 0 downloads

<splash>false</splash>							<!-- Set to false if you wish to disable the startup splash image. Defaults to true. -->
    <sorttokens>
        <token>The</token>
        <token>A</token>
        <token>An</token>
		<token seperators="'">T</token>
    </sorttokens>
    <network>
        <disablehttp2>true</disablehttp2>
        <curlclienttimeout>2</curlclienttimeout>
    </network>
    <pathsubstitution>
        <substitute>
            <from>/emby_addon_mode/</from>
            <to>http://127.0.0.1:57342/|redirect-limit=1000</to>
        </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>
	<!-- This setting is only relevant for Passthrough in the context of resyncing, e.g.; when there is no resampling possible. This value decides after which amount of discontinuity in milliseconds VideoPlayer will ErrorAdjust the Clock. On platforms like Android where the sink delay is just a non exact interpolation, a too small value might cause rare image stutter. The maximum value is 100 ms. A higher value makes no sense cause of A/V issues. This is a last-resort workaround as the root-cause cannot be mitigated 100% [Available from Kodi v20] -->
	<audio>
		<maxpassthroughoffsyncduration>96</maxpassthroughoffsyncduration>
	</audio>

Thanks, I'll check that. It's wiped on purpose while factory reset/mandatory database, but not after.

Maybe I change that, the problem is. I had many bug reports which all referenced to broken advanedsettings.xml (invalid syntax).

I wouldn't care if people use invalid xmls (people might not even know that), but the plugin depends on a valid file.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

In the past, I only deleteed the advancedsettings and source.xml if it's invalid, but Kodi 21 had a bug which caused ALL xmls be invalid.

I think it's fixed in later Kodi versions, so I might can go back to the previous approach.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

FrostByte

I recall something about people weren't able to install beta 2 fresh because the install would crash.  The fix was to delete the advancedsettings.xml or upgrade from previous beta. Or, something like that :)

quickmic
2 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

I recall something about people weren't able to install beta 2 fresh because the install would crash.  The fix was to delete the advancedsettings.xml or upgrade from previous beta. Or, something like that :)

Exactly

Seger

Hello,

Many series are also displayed completely incorrectly for me. The displayed status does not correspond to the Emby server (i.e. the seen status).

image.thumb.png.75d0b1f9b36f08ce087f1ad690d7ad14.png

Just one example of many. I have requested another database update, the log is attached.

Can you please also remove the library hint and add it to the dynamic nodes if necessary? Some skins as well as Embuary support the nodes based on the scanned addition. This node can be added quickly and easily, but not renamed, so that "Library" now appears everywhere in the main tiles. 

image.thumb.png.96c300e793812dcc7a624fdc946e1322.png

Thank you

Seger

kodi.log

Edited by Seger

quickmic

Thanks for reporting, I'll check both.

Many series are also displayed completely incorrectly for me. The displayed status does not correspond to the Emby server

I've seen something similar, but not for tvshows, for seasons and that's also what your screenshot indicates. Can you confirm that?

Seger

can confirm it on individual episodes... which inevitably becomes seasons:

image.png.bc3372d85481ff9a4009059f20957f53.png

I watched all seasons of the series, in the first season only the first episode was marked as watched, in the second season only the second episode was marked as watched. Season 3 was marked as watched in its entirety.

quickmic
2 minutes ago, Seger said:

can confirm it on individual episodes... which inevitably becomes seasons:

image.png.bc3372d85481ff9a4009059f20957f53.png

I watched all seasons of the series, in the first season only the first episode was marked as watched, in the second season only the second episode was marked as watched. Season 3 was marked as watched in its entirety.

Was the state already wrong after init sync? I'm reviewing this issue, searching for a pattern...

Seger

beauty bug, started in the 8 version at some point, forgot to report it. Also don't know if it's a skin/Kodi problem that popped up at some point.

image.thumb.png.c28904fb20699593e5d403763f1c8818.png

In the addon settings menu, first popup, when I click on manage database, the first menu item displayed is "Play", previously there was something like "Select"

Seger
Just now, quickmic said:

War der Status nach der Init-Synchronisierung bereits falsch? Ich überprüfe dieses Problem und suche nach einem Muster ...

ja

• Like 1

quickmic
2 minutes ago, Seger said:

beauty bug, started in the 8 version at some point, forgot to report it. Also don't know if it's a skin/Kodi problem that popped up at some point.

image.thumb.png.c28904fb20699593e5d403763f1c8818.png

In the addon settings menu, first popup, when I click on manage database, the first menu item displayed is "Play", previously there was something like "Select"

Seems you enabled the "show options in plugin menu"? I didn't test this for a long time. Will also check....

• Like 1

Seger

image.thumb.png.444e79c287bca7b4e9d78e3fc32f8e2f.png

image.thumb.png.217586c9761c91a4aefdf6deb6ead88f.png

image.thumb.png.a0027b5cf01c64a8214f778357cf9cb6.png

image.thumb.png.a33d6023c4edd7d885353257638ea8bd.png

I also can't click on the series via the Emby: Update object control.

No problem for films, also possible for episodes via Watch next, but not elsewhere.

Seger

Please add an on/off switch to the menus, e.g. View together off in the addon, so that it is not visible in the context menu: View together and add client.

Or even deactivated in the addon settings menu.

Same for download.

This is already the case for Update object. 

image.png.3ae6d47bd304bbf4d93e67408d8c40e1.png

Bin auf der Suche nach einem Muster!

Edited by Seger