embyforkodi (next-gen) 9.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic

"emby_Filme.Neue.xsp" seems to be wrong or I'm not familiar with the syntax you used.

"emby_Filme.Neue.xsp" is clear to me, you address all content with the "field="tag" but in emby_Filme.Neue.xsp you address a playlist field?

I think that's wrong.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

rotational467
8 hours ago, quickmic said:

Do you use autoskip or via message box?

I would suggest, wait for next version and perform a test there and or send me a Kodi debug log via PN.

Via the message box.

No worries thanks for checking.  If I can reproduce this in 9.2.3+ I'll PM you a debug log.

• Like 1

quickmic
36 minutes ago, rotational467 said:

Via the message box.

No worries thanks for checking.  If I can reproduce this in 9.2.3+ I'll PM you a debug log.

Thanks for the log, I see the problem. Please disable tvtunes and check again.

• Like 2

rotational467
11 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Thanks for the log, I see the problem. Please disable tvtunes and check again.

With TVTunes disabled the prompt appears in 9.2.3.

• Like 2

quickmic

I 'll rewrite the tvtunes integration from scratch. There are several flaws e.g. Kodi's listitem is invalid etc.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 2

FrostByte

I'm not getting any movies either on the last few nightly builds.  During one of the updates I noticed it said it was rebuilding my db and since then I can't get E4K to sync any movies.  TV shows are just fine.  I tried addon and direct and get nothing with either.

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Just fell back to beta 2 and everything works fine now.  Can load nightly again though to see if it happens again.

FrostByte

I'm pretty sure it was one of the kodi-20240107 nightly builds that said it was rebuilding my db.  Found it odd there were 2 nightly builds that day.  I tried a few builds after and it never changed.  Always had no movies even though it looked like E4K was syncing everything.

• Like 1

quickmic
8 hours ago, FrostByte said:

I'm pretty sure it was one of the kodi-20240107 nightly builds that said it was rebuilding my db.  Found it odd there were 2 nightly builds that day.  I tried a few builds after and it never changed.  Always had no movies even though it looked like E4K was syncing everything.

I use beta versions for development maybe something has changed in nighty.

minos
11 minutes ago, quickmic said:

yes, same problem here with the newest nightly, i switch back to beta and everything works fine

• Like 2

FrostByte
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

I suspect they made some change in the db as I usually don't see that migration statement when starting up after loading a new nightly.  Anyhow, I'll just stick with beta 2 for now unless you need someone to test.

• Like 1

Tenker
23 hours ago, quickmic said:

"emby_Filme.Neue.xsp" seems to be wrong or I'm not familiar with the syntax you used.

"emby_Filme.Neue.xsp" is clear to me, you address all content with the "field="tag" but in emby_Filme.Neue.xsp you address a playlist field?

I think that's wrong.

Hmmm...

my current playlists work in v8.x.x
Can someone be so kind and help me create a playlist for e.g. 
EMBY: Filme.Neue
create.

Thank you

Image10.jpg

Edited by Tenker

quickmic
25 minutes ago, Tenker said:

Hmmm...

my current playlists work in v8.x.x
Can someone be so kind and help me create a playlist for e.g. 
EMBY: Filme.Neue
create.

Thank you

Image10.jpg

Is "Filme.Neue" a tag? Who creates/adds the tags, you (manually)?

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

embyL0VER
13 hours ago, FrostByte said:

I'm not getting any movies either on the last few nightly builds.  During one of the updates I noticed it said it was rebuilding my db and since then I can't get E4K to sync any movies.  TV shows are just fine.  I tried addon and direct and get nothing with either.

Sounds like the same problem which I have but only with "Movie-Collections".

It shows it would sync something but after it finishes "Movie-Collections" are empty. No matter if I choose to assign "tags" or not.

• Like 1

FrostByte
1 minute ago, embyL0VER said:

Sounds like the same problem which I have but only with "Movie-Collections".

It shows it would sync something but after it finishes "Movie-Collections" are empty. No matter if I choose to assign "tags" or not.

Yes, exactly.  You can see the plugin zipping through all the movies and when it's all done nothing is there.  I didn't bother to look at collections.

I didn't see anything in the logs that looked like a problem, but I guess I should have posted something.  I thought it was just me :)

djhifi

I have a request (unless there is already an option on 8.X or 9.X): The ability to place the "Add To Emby Favorites" in the context menu without being hidden inside the nest of "Emby Options" etc, etc.

This would make it so much easier to integrate with KODI "Favorites" menu entry. Because KODI "Add To Favorites" just sucks.

PS: Changing from 8.2.15 to this one = full database reset?

Edited by djhifi

quickmic
3 hours ago, djhifi said:

I have a request (unless there is already an option on 8.X or 9.X): The ability to place the "Add To Emby Favorites" in the context menu without being hidden inside the nest of "Emby Options" etc, etc.

What do you have in mind?

This would make it so much easier to integrate with KODI "Favorites" menu entry.

Because KODI "Add To Favorites" just sucks.

I agree, cause Kodi favorites has major design flaws.

Unfortunately, I cannot remove existing options from context menu. Kodi has no option for that, only for adding options.

If somebody knows a hack, I would love to here it.

PS: Changing from 8.2.15 to this one = full database reset?

Yes, full reset is required, but I would wait for next version (9.3.0) cause it will require another reset.

Edited by quickmic

Tenker
On 1/14/2024 at 11:48 AM, quickmic said:

Is "Filme.Neue" a tag? Who creates/adds the tags, you (manually)?

Thank you for your quick reply.
So: up to v8.x.x my, so created 
emby_Filme.Neue.xsp (attached)
worked and I had access to my EMBY: database (picture 1 and 2).
Since v9.x.x my above mentioned playlist does not work.
I added the "Filme.Neue" TAG to the playlist back then. The Film.xxx.nfo has no entry, but it worked until v8.

Now I need your help how to get access to EMBY database entry (picture 1 and 2) via playlist.

Under Kodi I see the EMBY entry as in picture 3 and when I click on it, the movies are listed.
Can you please help me?

Thank you very much
Tenker

1.png

2.png

3.jpg

emby_Filme.Neue.xsp

quickmic
4 minutes ago, Tenker said:

Thank you for your quick reply.
So: up to v8.x.x my, so created 
emby_Filme.Neue.xsp (attached)
worked and I had access to my EMBY: database (picture 1 and 2).
Since v9.x.x my above mentioned playlist does not work.
I added the "Filme.Neue" TAG to the playlist back then. The Film.xxx.nfo has no entry, but it worked until v8.

Now I need your help how to get access to EMBY database entry (picture 1 and 2) via playlist.

Under Kodi I see the EMBY entry as in picture 3 and when I click on it, the movies are listed.
Can you please help me?

Thank you very much
Tenker

1.png

2.png

3.jpg

emby_Filme.Neue.xsp 231 B · 0 downloads

Based on you screenshot "Filme.Neue" is nothing else than an emby library correct? Did you sync this library to Kodi and was it successful?

Do you have duplicate movies in "Filme.Neue" -> Are they assigned (on emby server) to a second library?

• Thanks 1

Tenker

@quickmic

Yes, they can all be seen via the FILMS main menu, but not via Playlist.
No, no duplicate movies in "Movies.New".
EMBY uses different directories to create the different playlists, as you can see in pictures 1 and 2.
As I have already written, the inserted emby_Filme.Neue.xsp works in 8.x.x.

quickmic

I'm a bit guessing here. I'll test something...

• Thanks 1

quickmic

Yes I'm very sure, you have the same movies/same folder assigned to 2 different emby libraries. That would explain the issue you have. I'll fix that.