embyforkodi (next-gen) 9.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic

fyi, A Boxset sync issue was reported when Emby server stable version is used. I'll review the issue.

• Like 2

838Joel

Hi Quickmic,

I think I found a bug.... Using 9.4.1 now!

I group versions of the same movies (1080p, 4K), when I try to play and then select which resolution I want it never start and looping trying to play something!

I play anything else (not group versions) and it does work! I tried to play the group versions movie with an emby apps on my android phone and whatever versions I choose it does play!

So I went to my emby server and split those 2 versions of the movie, and now I'm able to play it on kodi!

I guess you should be able to replicate that easily, but if you need logs, I can get some later if you want!

BTW using Version 4.7.14.0

Cheers

Joel

• Like 1

quickmic

Thanks for reporting, native or addon mode?

I tested both, at least for multiversion episode it's working here but I used Emby server beta. I'll check stable version too.

I tested with stable version too, still no issue found.

Yes, please send me a kodi.log.

Edited by quickmic

838Joel
6 hours ago, quickmic said:

Thanks for reporting, native or addon mode?

I tested both, at least for multiversion episode it's working here but I used Emby server beta. I'll check stable version too.

I tested with stable version too, still no issue found.

Yes, please send me a kodi.log.

I always use the default mode.

I'll send you the log later today. But I may have to reboot my Android TV because it's kind of stuck after trying to play! Hope the log will be ok

• Like 1

quickmic
2 hours ago, 838Joel said:

I always use the default mode.

I'll send you the log later today. But I may have to reboot my Android TV because it's kind of stuck after trying to play! Hope the log will be ok

In next version I'll fix a few player issues anyway but nothing related to the multicontent selection.

quickmic

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 9.4.2:

Delta changelog 9.4.1 -> 9.4.2

fix minor player issue
unified player code
fix sources.xml
fix artwork cache/remove
fix player timing issues (stability)
fix Boxsets synced via Emby server stable version
fix livetv issues

• Like 3

FrostByte
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 9.4.2:

Delta changelog 9.4.1 -> 9.4.2

fix artwork cache/remove

@quickmic Backup/restore to NAS works now w/o manually changing default folder.  Thanks

However, my "cache all artwork" setting is still grayed out/disabled. v9.4.2

838Joel
9 hours ago, quickmic said:

In next version I'll fix a few player issues anyway but nothing related to the multicontent selection.

Ok here are the logs https://paste.kodi.tv/badobudinu

The strange thing now is that I have 3 different versions to choose from, instead of 2!!! All I did yesterday was split the movie versions to watch it, and after I marked on Emby server has unwatched and group back together the versions! Something is weird!

I may have to reset the database and start over in the next plugin version! I'll wait until you check it out before going to upgrade with 9.4.2

• Like 1

838Joel
46 minutes ago, 838Joel said:

The strange thing now is that I have 3 different versions to choose from, instead of 2!!! All I did yesterday was split the movie versions to watch it, and after I marked on Emby server has unwatched and group back together the versions! Something is weird!

I may have to reset the database and start over in the next plugin version! I'll wait until you check it out before going to upgrade with 9.4.2

Here now the 3 choices I have for the two versions of movie... Strangely the top one has the Remux word to it and was not there yesterday!

PXL_20240201_011923783.jpg

838Joel
1 hour ago, 838Joel said:

Here now the 3 choices I have for the two versions of movie... Strangely the top one has the Remux word to it and was not there yesterday!

The newly one that was added, the first, this one with the prefix Remux-1080p works fine... But the filename showed is the same!

quickmic
7 hours ago, FrostByte said:

However, my "cache all artwork" setting is still grayed out/disabled. v9.4.2

Really, this should be fixed. I'll check again, maybe send me a log.

quickmic

Well I see one issue in the log, and I'll check if the "mark as watched" is the source of the issue.

quickmic

What are the paths of the versions? I cannot see it in your screenshot.

The marked as watched is not causing any issues, but maybe the split... I'll check that too.

Edited by quickmic

FrostByte
6 hours ago, quickmic said:

Really, this should be fixed. I'll check again, maybe send me a log.

Log sent.  BTW: were we supposed to reset out db?  The upgrade didn't request it.

838Joel
11 hours ago, quickmic said:

What are the paths of the versions? I cannot see it in your screenshot.

The marked as watched is not causing any issues, but maybe the split... I'll check that too.

something like: /mnt/Movies1/1080p/The 5th Wave (2016) or /mnt/Movies1/2160p/The 5th Wave (2016)

quickmic
17 minutes ago, 838Joel said:

something like: /mnt/Movies1/1080p/The 5th Wave (2016) or /mnt/Movies1/2160p/The 5th Wave (2016)

ok. I fixed the player crash (just a side effect), but not still not found the source of the triple content. Can you remember what you did?

I think you had a multiversion content in the first place, then you dissolved the content. How? Remove one of the versions, or moving it to another folder?

How did you re-add the content?

II still looking for a test case.

btw, you need to repair your library on Kodi, it's out of sync.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 9.4.3:

Delta changelog 9.4.2 -> 9.4.3

fix boxset update issue
fix favourites update
fix artwork cache
fix player issues

• Like 1

FrostByte
14 minutes ago, quickmic said:

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 9.4.3:

Delta changelog 9.4.2 -> 9.4.3

fix boxset update issue
fix favourites update
fix artwork cache
fix player issues

Artwork cache settings working again.  Also, the advancedsettings and sources xml files look good.  Thanks for everything QM.

• Thanks 1

Kyrunner
1 hour ago, FrostByte said:

Artwork cache settings working again.  Also, the advancedsettings and sources xml files look good.  Thanks for everything QM.

What does Artwork catching do?

quickmic
Just now, Kyrunner said:

What does Artwork catching do?

Downloading artwork from Emby server to Kodi -> caching/performance but consumes memory (hdd/sdcard)

Kyrunner
2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Downloading artwork from Emby server to Kodi -> caching/performance but consumes memory (hdd/sdcard)

So doing this would result in better performance? How big of a difference. 

quickmic
8 minutes ago, Kyrunner said:

So doing this would result in better performance? How big of a difference. 

Just try it, mostly remote connections (internet) will benefit but also local clients can be improved.

Edited by quickmic

FrostByte

@Kyrunner depending on how many libraries you cache, it can take up a bit of space.  I ended up adding a mini usb to my Shield in order to cache everything.  I can tell the difference even on a wired network because it doesn't have to reach back to my NAS, especially with large raw photos.  As quickmic mentioned it's probably not going to be night and day though unless you're on a really slow connection.

Edited by FrostByte

838Joel
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

ok. I fixed the player crash (just a side effect), but not still not found the source of the triple content. Can you remember what you did?

I think you had a multiversion content in the first place, then you dissolved the content. How? Remove one of the versions, or moving it to another folder?

How did you re-add the content?

II still looking for a test case.

btw, you need to repair your library on Kodi, it's out of sync.

I try to remember, on emby server 4.7.14 (using a previous version of plugin 9.4.1 I think I was running 8.x.x) I selected the two same movies with different resolution, and choose option (...) Group Versions. was working then using 8.x.x if I recall correctly...!

After updates to 9.4.1, From there I was not able to play either version (1080p, 2160p). I did in the media info, I clicked Split Versions Apart on the server... Then I was able to play again (after sync) the movie.

Went back and Group versions again, this is where I started to see a third line in the available versions when trying to play it.... The newly added (3rd) was starting now with Remux-1080 and was playable, the two same other was starting only with 1080 or 2160, and was not playable.

So I never played around moving files etc.

Today, I tried to reset the nodes to see if the versions will be fixed and back to only two version (Not work, always 3 versions), I reset the database and start over configuring the plugin, had to force a sync of library... But now the sync takes forever and it stuck after hours+ at 85% in the TV Shows scan.

Something not going correctly now.... I should (still on 9.4.1) reset everything and go with the latest 9.4.3? See if this will work better...??? Any other steps to make sure I freshly start over and fix the issues here?

Edited by 838Joel
  • Thanks 1

quickmic
6 hours ago, 838Joel said:

option (...) Group Versions.

Oh, I see. Never thought about doing it manually. My approach was letting Emby detect multi version based on filename tags. I'll check that too and see what Emby server reports to the plugin.

But now the sync takes forever and it stuck after hours+ at 85% in the TV Shows scan.

Please send me another log with the stucked sync.

Sorry for all the hassle, but really helps me to shake out bugs.