embyforkodi (next-gen) 9.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
10 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Oh, I see. Never thought about doing it manually. My approach was letting Emby detect multi version based on filename tags. I'll check that too and see what Emby server reports to the plugin.

Bingo, I can reproduce the issue 🙂

• Like 2

838Joel
7 hours ago, quickmic said:

Please send me another log with the stucked sync.

Sorry for all the hassle, but really helps me to shake out bugs.

Sorry, I was really dealing with an unstable setup. So I reinstall everything and go with 9.4.3. All sync but took sometime to sync. Will test few things today.

• Like 1

quickmic
1 minute ago, 838Joel said:

Sorry, I was really dealing with an unstable setup. So I reinstall everything and go with 9.4.3. All sync but took sometime to sync. Will test few things today.

fyi, I fixed the multicontent issue. Just performing some final tests.

• Like 2

quickmic

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 9.4.4:

Delta changelog 9.4.3 -> 9.4.4

fix multiversion
fix player issues
fix upgrade issue from 8.X version

KNOWN BUG:

If you install from absolute scratch, you need to perform a factory reset before you start init sync. Fill be fixed in next version.

Update from any previous version is working.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 3

838Joel
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

fyi, I fixed the multicontent issue. Just performing some final tests.

Then I'll upgrade from 9.4.3 to 9.4.4 before doing some test!

• Like 1

838Joel
2 hours ago, 838Joel said:

Then I'll upgrade from 9.4.3 to 9.4.4 before doing some test!

Tested to play in 9.4.3 freshly installed and multiversions was not working (expected)

Upgraded to 9.4.4, went smoothly and tested multiversions. Was working fine now! Thanks.

• Like 1

838Joel
6 hours ago, 838Joel said:

Tested to play in 9.4.3 freshly installed and multiversions was not working (expected)

Upgraded to 9.4.4, went smoothly and tested multiversions. Was working fine now! Thanks.

BTW I upgraded my Emby server from 4.7.14.0 to the latest stable 4.8.0.80, hope this was a good move!🙂

Kyrunner

Looks like cinema intros are  still broken in 9.4.4. They work fine on the regular Emby app

quickmic
4 hours ago, Kyrunner said:

Looks like cinema intros are  still broken in 9.4.4. They work fine on the regular Emby app

Really, I fixed that but I'll check again.

The are some trailer issues if start a movie via widgets. I'll check that, but in general it's working. So what' the problem, please explain and send me a log for review.

Edited by quickmic

Kyrunner
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

Really, I fixed that but I'll check again.

The are some trailer issues if start a movie via widgets. I'll check that, but in general it's working. So what' the problem, please explain and send me a log for review.

On Emby under cinema intros I have a folder configured under Custom intros path in this folder I throw all my trailers into it. once I start a movie it will randomly pick a trailer out of the folder and play before the movie starts on Emby for Kodi this isn't happening. The movies I'm playing are not from a widget view they are in the movie directory folder. 

Send me the steps on how to get the logs. 

quickmic
2 hours ago, Kyrunner said:

On Emby under cinema intros I have a folder configured under Custom intros path in this folder I throw all my trailers into it. once I start a movie it will randomly pick a trailer out of the folder and play before the movie starts on Emby for Kodi this isn't happening. The movies I'm playing are not from a widget view they are in the movie directory folder. 

Send me the steps on how to get the logs. 

Local trailers are not working, remote does.

checking...

quickmic

New BETA version available 9.4.5:

Delta changelog 9.4.4 -> 9.4.5

fix initial xmls configuration
remove overlay from photos
add bookmark workarounds for episode widgets
fix cinemamode via widget playback
fix native mode widget playback
fix local intros

Comment:

Please have a final test before I load it to Emby's Kodi repository.

• Like 1

quickmic

Unfortunately, the is till a minor playback issue in 9.4.5

I'll fix it soon.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Are there any favorites for home videos and photos?  I can't seem to find one under synced or dynamic. 

Edited by FrostByte

quickmic

New BETA version available 9.4.6:

Delta changelog 9.4.5 -> 9.4.6

fix player issues

Comment:

quickmic
22 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Are there any favorites for home videos and photos?  I can't seem to find one under synced or dynamic. 

Currently not, I put it on the todo list

• Like 1

Kyrunner
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

New BETA version available 9.4.5:

Delta changelog 9.4.4 -> 9.4.5

fix initial xmls configuration
remove overlay from photos
add bookmark workarounds for episode widgets
fix cinemamode via widget playback
fix native mode widget playback
fix local intros

Comment:

I just tested in cinema intros are working now. Thanks.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Not seeing any issues here with latest version

• E4K 9.4.6 using native mode and Shield mounted shares for sources (not Kodi's NFS or SMB)
  • Emby server 4.8.0.80
  • Kodi latest nightly with Arctic Fuse skin
  •  
  • Agree 1

quickmic

Me neither, I think I'll push this version tomorrow into Emby's Kodi beta repo.

• Like 1

Kyrunner

Think I found a bug with cinema mode. If you go to a movie that was in progress and you click the in progress  movie the intro will start again and reset the movie to like you’ve never watched it

quickmic
3 minutes ago, Kyrunner said:

Think I found a bug with cinema mode. If you go to a movie that was in progress and you click the in progress  movie the intro will start again and reset the movie to like you’ve never watched it

Yep, this is a limitation. Currently no way to avoid that.

quickmic
12 minutes ago, Kyrunner said:

btw, did you upgrade to 9.4.6? 9.4.5 had a bug

js28194

Thanks for all the work on this.  I am sticking to 20.3 with 8.xx.xx for now until everything settles.  Too many moving parts with Emby being upgraded, Omega about to be released soon and a migration to E4k 9.x.x, but I will soon when I take some extended time off.

Not sure if it belongs here on in Kodi, but is there anyway to extended the timer for the pop up banner for delete after watching?  I think in 8.x.x it's set to 5 seconds with no way to change it to 10 or 15 seconds.  I imagine same behaviour in 9.x.x.  Not a deal breaker, just the pop disappers too fast.

• Like 1

quickmic
10 minutes ago, js28194 said:

Thanks for all the work on this.  I am sticking to 20.3 with 8.xx.xx for now until everything settles.  Too many moving parts with Emby being upgraded, Omega about to be released soon and a migration to E4k 9.x.x, but I will soon when I take some extended time off.

Wise, but if you hold on to e4k 8.X for awhile also keep Emby 4.7.X. Otherwise the plugin (at least) lose the capability to detect deleted content. Maybe even more incompatibilities.

Not sure if it belongs here on in Kodi, but is there anyway to extended the timer for the pop up banner for delete after watching?  I think in 8.x.x it's set to 5 seconds with no way to change it to 10 or 15 seconds.  I imagine same behaviour in 9.x.x.  Not a deal breaker, just the pop disappers too fast.

Will check, at least I put it on the todo list. I don't use this feature, so barley tested.

Edited by quickmic