embyforkodi (next-gen) 9.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic

@LittleWizardMaybe it's still not clear that 9.X NOT a stable version, it's not even tagged as beta. Yes, resets are at this dev state quite often mandatory and can be frustrating. The next version will again force a reset.

Using Kodi 21 nighlty builds and 9.X is surly not a good combination to gain stability (several people using this setup for testing).

I'm surprised you have so many issues especially with latest stable 8.2.14. I didn't get any showstoppers reported for this version. However, as @TeamBThere are other options to use  Kodi wih Emby.

Edited by quickmic

LittleWizard

I jumped to 9.x for the 2 sec curltimeout, anyway I guess I could use 8.x and set 2 secs editing advancedsettings.

I'll try that.

I'll post log of failed sync.

Thanks!

quickmic

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 9.3.0:

Delta changelog 9.3.0 -> 9.4.0

keep advancedsettings.xml on factory reset
add options to adjust the context menu
fix watched status
fix context menu options
remove (library) label extension from tags
fix server busy notification when server is shutdown or restarting
fix favorites issue
added additional database consitency checks
fix multipart content

Comment:

Database reset is mandatory

• Like 3

quickmic

9.4.0 has a bug when you trigger a database vacuum. Workaround, restart Kodi after vacuum. Will be fixed in next version.

feerlessleadr

Hi quick -  noticed that the to-do list was remove from the 1st post. I was wondering if you were still planning to add support for the Smart Playlist plugin for emby?

quickmic
Just now, feerlessleadr said:

Hi quick -  noticed that the to-do list was remove from the 1st post. I was wondering if you were still planning to add support for the Smart Playlist plugin for emby?

Yes, I just removed it from the post but not from my dev list. btw, I haven't checked yet, but is the smart-playlist plugin available for Emby server beta versions?

quickmic

That's my list:

pending code changes:
review WizardCompleted = True should be set after you successfully connected
review Selecting DynamicNodes --> Any channel (e.g. Trailer) brings you to a "Folder" instead of directly showing the content of that channel.
review save multiselection
review Smart Playlists 2.0 plugin
translations
review xps playlists
review myvideodb "videoversion", "videoversiontype"
hide collection node if boxset to tag is not enabled
repair all -> person node added first
review pvr implementation based on skin -> https://kodi.wiki/view/Window_IDs
support audio download

pending tests (native and addon mode):
done: check themes
check favorites movies directly as fav (no folder view)
done: check skip intro
check livetv
check remote mode
check watch together
check subtitles
done: check transcoding
check iso
check bluray
check mixed native content
check update/remove stacked content
check replace episodes
done: check multipart content

Edited by quickmic

feerlessleadr
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

Yes, I just removed it from the post but not from my dev list. btw, I haven't checked yet, but is the smart-playlist plugin available for Emby server beta versions?

Thanks - I figured it was either still on your list or already baked in. 

I just checked and it looks like it is not available for the beta server as of yet. No rush though, next-gen 8 is working great for me, so I'm in no hurry to upgrade. 

• Like 1

quickmic
Just now, feerlessleadr said:

Thanks - I figured it was either still on your list or already baked in. 

I just checked and it looks like it is not available for the beta server as of yet. No rush though, next-gen 8 is working great for me, so I'm in no hurry to upgrade. 

I checked with stable version. The issue is not related to smart playlists. It related to ALL playlists with Emby stable. I try to fix it.

quickmic

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 9.4.0:

Delta changelog 9.4.0 -> 9.4.1

fix database vacuum
fix MusicGenre updates
fix playlists

• Like 1

FrostByte

Movies which are part of a collection when using the synced or dynamic "Movie" nodes will not group when viewing movies library.  Movie collections are synced correctly by E4K.

• E4K 9.4.1 native mode (though also noticed it in prior versions)
  • Emby 4.8.0.75
  • kodi-20240122-72409112-master-arm64-v8a
  • Skin Estuary (and others)

Movie collections will group properly when using the default Kodi "movie" node, but that one shows home videos as part of the movies library.  So, prefer to use the E4K ones.

quickmic

They are grouped in my Kodi. I think this is a Kodi setting or Kodi bug. Which node are you using?

FrostByte
6 hours ago, quickmic said:

They are grouped in my Kodi. I think this is a Kodi setting or Kodi bug. Which node are you using?

emby_dynamic_movies_Movies/movie_movie.xml

Have the same issue with the synced one. 

Kodi option "Show movie sets" is on and movies are grouped when using the default Kodi node.

quickmic

Well for dynamic nodes that's not supported, but for synced nodes it works. It uses the same mechanism than the Kodi default nodes. Please doublecheck.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Found another issue.  Cache images is disabled/grayed out and I can't click on it. I'm pretty sure I was able to click on it in 9.4, so not sure what I could have clicked on to make it do that.

image.jpeg.9d8a7cd6236b6d6d8bd0a8932af33561.jpeg

quickmic
2 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Found another issue.  Cache images is disabled/grayed out and I can't click on it. I'm pretty sure I was able to click on it in 9.4, so not sure what I could have clicked on to make it do that.

Usually, this is disabled while artwork cache is in progress. I'll check...

• Like 1

FrostByte
33 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Well for dynamic nodes that's not supported, but for synced nodes it works. It uses the same mechanism than the Kodi default nodes. Please doublecheck.

Okay you're right.  For some reason the skin Artic Horizon Reloaded is treating that node like a music node and only allows music type views which is why I was trying dynamic.  Changed to another skin and it shows movie sets correctly. 

FrostByte
1 minute ago, quickmic said:

Usually, this is disabled while artwork cache is in progress. I'll check...

Ok, I'm not seeing anything going on and it's still grayed out.  Usually, I hear my HDs when it's caching also.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Is there anything you do on your side to identify a node as being a certain type (video, music, etc)?  For some reason AZR won't let me use a video view with E4K synced node "movies".  If not, the new Fuse skin works.  Not sure the skinner will change anything.

emby_movies_Movies/all.xml

quickmic

No, but Kodi has issues with content detection in general and especially for widgets (This will never be fixed, cause it's deep in Kodi's core -> design flaw).

But could be also a skin issue. The activateWindow command is quite likely wrong. In my skin it's called "Change action". As you can see, it's "ActivateWindow(video, bla" and I think you have ActivateWindow(music, bla"

This causes the problem.

node3.png

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

FrostByte
17 minutes ago, quickmic said:

No, but Kodi has issues with content detection in general and especially for widgets (This will never be fixed, cause it's deep in Kodi's core -> design flaw).

But could be also a skin issue. The activateWindow command is quite likely wrong. In my skin it's called "Change action". As you can see, it's "ActivateWindow(video, bla" and I think you have ActivateWindow(music, bla"

This causes the problem.

node3.png

That was it, thanks.

FrostByte

While I'm on a roll.  E4K seems to be adding more and more "kodi.emby.media" sources to music section of sources.xml all the time.  I think I count 54 of them and they're all the same.  There's also a bunch of spaces added, but that isn't too much of a problem.  I can remove them all but the first, but they keep coming back.

BTW: I don't have my muisc added to E4k.  I prefer the way Kodi deals with music boxsets and uses the disc title tag to identify each disk within a boxset.  The source lines though cause the Kodi source list to be very long in the gui when I have to re-add music after a db reset.

<source>
            <name>kodi.emby.media</name>
            <path pathversion="1">http://kodi.emby.media</path>
            <allowsharing>false</allowsharing>
        </source>

sources.xml

• Like 2

quickmic
22 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

While I'm on a roll.  E4K seems to be adding more and more "kodi.emby.media" sources to music section of sources.xml all the time.  I think I count 54 of them and they're all the same.  There's also a bunch of spaces added, but that isn't too much of a problem.  I can remove them all but the first, but they keep coming back.

BTW: I don't have my muisc added to E4k.  I prefer the way Kodi deals with music boxsets and uses the disc title tag to identify each disk within a boxset.  The source lines though cause the Kodi source list to be very long in the gui when I have to re-add music after a db reset.

<source>
            <name>kodi.emby.media</name>
            <path pathversion="1">http://kodi.emby.media</path>
            <allowsharing>false</allowsharing>
        </source>

sources.xml 11.64 kB · 0 downloads

Yep, that's crap. Not sure why this happened to your sources, but I'll fix it.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 2

FrostByte

Slow day, so got another.

When creating a backup within the plug-in the folder appears to be using Kodi time format.  However, the colon (:) is not a valid character for folders in Unix (or Windows) and Synology DSM outputs a folder name with a square where the colon should be.  This causes an issue when trying to restore from backup.

Maybe the plugin could just delete the colon from the text when creating backups. Or, during the restore process the plugin would need to look for a square in the folder name where the colon is.

Not sure how Windows handles it, but I believe it does something different and just removes the colon when creating the folder. This is what I get when I paste text into a new folder name with Windows.

• ex: TEST:TEST results into TESTTEST (with a popup error saying it removed the invalid character)

Otherwise, I have to manually modify the folder every time (which I suppose wouldn't kill me).

Suggested folder name from E4K:

image.jpeg.958437b709715979a259d01d04ce9dfd.jpeg

E4K says it created a folder with the colons.

image.jpeg.253db356bf01792b048d41fd691b2f04.jpeg

However, in actuality Synology DSM replaced the invalid folder name character with a square.

image.thumb.jpeg.d2b51bd2357bde9c68a464c402188122.jpeg

Then when you go to select the backup folder to restore E4K (or Kodi) still thinks the folder name has the invalid colons.

image.jpeg.a3a1730de48825517e203fd21f518a19.jpeg

However, an error occurs because there is no such folder with the colons.

image.jpeg.039099cf6166a06375f067498dc096c0.jpeg

• Agree 1

quickmic
On 1/28/2024 at 2:05 PM, FrostByte said:

I found the issue, I'll fix it in next version.

• Like 1