embyforkodi (next-gen) 9.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
2 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

I guess I like going against the grain, but I'm running the latest Omega nightly builds and native mode with 4.8.0.64 beta server.  No problems here, but I'm only syncing movies and tv shows at the moment.

There is nothing wrong using native mode, but it's more tricky to configure (mount/access native folders) and has very few upsides.

Addon mode is plug and play.

• Like 1

js28194

I will spend more time this weekend and redo my setup.  For now I am back to 18.9 as it works perfectly.  I forgot too many custom settings.

Home2008

I have installed the addon under Kodi 21 Beta 2, as an upgrade from the 8 version. The database has been cleaned up. Now I always get this message here when I start Kodi:

Screenshot2023-12-28184626.thumb.png.9ab87fd0d4316b41d9ca01e94783d073.png

Where does that come from?

kodi.zip

quickmic
2 minutes ago, Home2008 said:

I have installed the addon under Kodi 21 Beta 2, as an upgrade from the 8 version. The database has been cleaned up. Now I always get this message here when I start Kodi:

Screenshot2023-12-28184626.thumb.png.9ab87fd0d4316b41d9ca01e94783d073.png

Where does that come from?

kodi.zip 22.98 kB · 0 downloads

Just guessing, this is the new Kodi multiselection feature?

Edited by quickmic

Home2008

What does that mean exactly? I don't understand it?

The TV recording folder contains everything: films and series. And also configured in the Emby server.

jacwojacz
On 12/28/2023 at 1:40 PM, quickmic said:

Addon mode is recommended and better tested.

I installed and it works like a charm. Thank you quickmic. Good job! 😀

• Thanks 1

js28194

So I started fresh with Nexus 20.2, everything installed fine as expected.  Official repo stated embyforkodi version 8.2.14 so imagine that is to be expected.  Everyhing works fine with playstates, play marker.

Thank you for good work.  Still gonna hold out for Omega so I can get DV playback.

• Like 1

quickmic
1 hour ago, js28194 said:

Official repo stated embyforkodi version 8.2.14 so imagine that is to be expected.

Yes, 9.x is still not declared as beta version but close. Tagged as stable will take another couple of weeks.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
Posted (edited)

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 9.2.1:

Delta changelog 9.2.0 -> 9.2.1

add additional image fallbacks for landscape
fix minor sync issue for BoxSet updates
fix smb pathes (native mode)
autoupdate Kodi settings for addon mode (myvideos.extractflags=disabled, myvideos.extractthumb=disabled, myvideos.usetags=disabled, musicfiles.findremotethumbs=disabled, musicfiles.usetags=disabled, myvideos.extractchapterthumbs=enabled (if path subsitution is enabled, otherwise myvideos.extractchapterthumbs=false)
fix picture load issue
fix realtime (library) update issue for edge case

Comment:

Native mode users accessing content via network shares (smb) must trigger a full database reset or even better a factory reset

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

quickmic

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 9.2.2:

Delta changelog 9.2.1 -> 9.2.2

Add additional caching for mixed content in dynamic mode
Add search option in dynamic nodes
Fix dynamic nodes issue

• Like 2

Mookdog

Hey @quickmic

Have a bit of a problem. I installed 9.1.1 on a fresh copy of Kodi 20.2 and it allows me login to my server but will not add libraries at all. Once I put in my username and password it does nothing.

Mook

quickmic
1 minute ago, Mookdog said:

Hey @quickmic

Have a bit of a problem. I installed 9.1.1 on a fresh copy of Kodi 20.2 and it allows me login to my server but will not add libraries at all. Once I put in my username and password it does nothing.

Mook

Please update to latest version, if the issue still appears send me a kodi.log.

Thanks.

jim1985

Live TV, seems to be broken now since the release of IPTV Simple Client 21.7.0 which was released approximately 19 hours ago.

The change log for this release is:

• Add connection manager support to wait for a valid M3U file before starting the add-on instance
  • The minimum refresh interval for the M3U should be 1 minutes and not zero, as that would be infinite refresh

All of my devices which have updated to this now no longer show the Live TV channels from my Emby server. I will attach a log from one of these devices.

I''m wondering if this line towards the end of the attached log is relevant:

2024-01-05 17:22:42.511 T:29723   error <general>: AddOnLog: pvr.iptvsimple: pvr.iptvsimple - Process - unable to connect to: special://profile/addon_data/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/temp/f977130856604113b453d1b246658281-livetv.m3u

For reference, I have a device that is still running version 21.6.0 of the IPTV Simple Client and this one is still working fine

kodi.txt

Edited by jim1985

jim1985

Nevermind, I noticed a PR in the pvr.iptvsimple github: "Fix supporting of local paths in Connection Manager"

Although the PR hasn't been accepted yet, I found a test build containing that fix. I've tested it and it's working again under that build

• Like 1

catshome
Environment Kodi current Omega Nightly build, current NextGen test version, Windows/Android ->Poster Icon is missing!
Here is the representation of Kodi Omega's current Nightly build with Embuary skin, "without" NextGen addon ->Poster is displayed:

postericon.thumb.jpg.6d833f5fe3e5c5f762c5666eced4e9a2.jpg

Here is the representation “with” the NextGen addon, poster is not displayed:

postericonismissing.thumb.jpg.1f08a9c7b47c35057ea8df4c6d7fb0db.jpg

quickmic
6 minutes ago, catshome said:
Environment Kodi current Omega Nightly build, current NextGen test version, Windows/Android ->Poster Icon is missing!
Here is the representation of Kodi Omega's current Nightly build with Embuary skin, "without" NextGen addon ->Poster is displayed:

postericon.thumb.jpg.6d833f5fe3e5c5f762c5666eced4e9a2.jpg

Here is the representation “with” the NextGen addon, poster is not displayed:

postericonismissing.thumb.jpg.1f08a9c7b47c35057ea8df4c6d7fb0db.jpg

Synced or dynamic node?

quickmic
Posted (edited)

There is an option -> plugin settings -> Interface -> Assign TVShow posters to episodes

After adjusting, trigger repair tvshow library

Maybe this helps....Also depends on your skin.

Edited by quickmic

FrostByte
7 hours ago, Glyde62 said:

Curious of what are the advantages (if any) of version 9 over 8

The first post pretty much has everything added or fixed since 8.x.  I like that boxsets update automatically now.