embyforkodi (next-gen) 9.X.X support

quickmic

js28194

Yeah, if ain't broke don't fix it mentallity again.  Again, some food for thought but it will be probably next month if not the next to upgrade.  Nothing is broke for me and works the way I want it.

Again, thank you, great work.

FrostByte

The synced A-Z node doesn't seem to be sorting correctly starting with A.xml.  The 0-9.xml file is sorted correctly.

• E4K 9.4.6
  • Emby 4.8.0.80
  • Kodi latest nightly
  • node emby_movies_Movies/letter/

However, the dynamic version of the same node works properly for #s and all letters (everything is sorted ascending).

Pic #1:

Synced xml for 0-9 is correct.  Everything is sorted ascending correctly.

image.jpeg.ec300dd8151b62bab2c7bf235140e9a5.jpeg

Pic #2:

Now click on A.xml (or any letter) and the all the titles are now incorrectly sorted descending from here on when selecting the alpha xml files using the synced node.

image.jpeg.70e57f0b729db343a373856a2331caae.jpeg

Pic #3

Here is the same letter A using the dynamic node instead.  All # and letter xml files are correctly sorted ascending using the dynamic node.

image.jpeg.6f8caa367de2ec95b17c05f299796732.jpeg

FrostByte

Btw: I prefer using the synced A-Z node if sorting correctly because it displays the watched status, the dynamic node doesn't do that.

quickmic
4 hours ago, FrostByte said:

Btw: I prefer using the synced A-Z node if sorting correctly because it displays the watched status, the dynamic node doesn't do that.

All sorting parameters will be fixed in 9.4.7. There are several more sorting issues.

Also recommendations and collection node was broken.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

quickmic

New BETA version available 9.4.7:

Delta changelog 9.4.6 -> 9.4.7

fix nodes

Comment:

Node reset is recommended.

I pushed it to Emby's Kodi beta repository. Publish could take a while.

• Thanks 1

FrostByte
29 minutes ago, quickmic said:

New BETA version available 9.4.7:

Delta changelog 9.4.6 -> 9.4.7

fix nodes

Comment:

Node reset is recommended.

I pushed it to Emby's Kodi beta repository. Publish could take a while.

The few nodes I checked are working now after installing 9.4.7 and doing a node reset.

Thanks

BTW is it possible (maybe add to the bottom of your todo list) for some sort of quick message up top when doing a node reset?  Sort of like when resyncing, etc.  Something like "Node reset complete".  When I click on it, I'm not really sure it's actually doing anything until I go back to check, and it would give me a warm fuzzy :)

quickmic
11 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

BTW is it possible (maybe add to the bottom of your todo list) for some sort of quick message up top when doing a node reset?  Sort of like when resyncing, etc.  Something like "Node reset complete".  When I click on it, I'm not really sure it's actually doing anything until I go back to check, and it would give me a warm fuzzy :)

I could but works instant. There is no computing time required.

Edited by quickmic

FrostByte
8 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I could but works instant. There computing time required.

True, not really important/needed as I don't do it that often and can just assume it worked.

Thanks again QM, 9.4.7 is looking good.

Edited by FrostByte

AurelMarius

Hello, I’ve just moved from plex to emby and on my kodi box i run 9.4.6 version of this addon. All works great besides 2 things:

1. Intro skip button doesn’t shows when playing tv shows.

2. Kodi status doesn’t appear on emby server dashboard. When I play a file on kodi, there is nothing on dashboard. If i play on mobile app or webos app media player status appears.

Thanks.

quickmic
7 minutes ago, AurelMarius said:

Hello, I’ve just moved from plex to emby and on my kodi box i run 9.4.6 version of this addon. All works great besides 2 things:

1. Intro skip button doesn’t shows when playing tv shows.

2. Kodi status doesn’t appear on emby server dashboard. When I play a file on kodi, there is nothing on dashboard. If i play on mobile app or webos app media player status appears.

Thanks.

Both works fine here, you are the first reporting such an issue.

I need a kodi.log for review (including the playback). Probably a player issue, would make sense if both not working.

Edited by quickmic

AurelMarius
6 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I need a kodi.log for review (including the playback). Probably a player issue, would make sense if both not working.

I run maven’s omega nightly build on shield pro. I need to figure out how to get the log file…

FrostByte

Intros and Emby dashboard working here also on my Shield pro.  I'm using the latest Omega nightly though.

I just grab the logs using Explorer.  Folder will look something like below:

\\ShieldTV\internal\Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi\temp\kodi.log

• Like 1

AurelMarius
15 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Intros and Emby dashboard working here also on my Shield pro.  I'm using the latest Omega nightly though.

I just grab the logs using Explorer.  Folder will look something like below:

\\ShieldTV\internal\Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi\temp\kodi.log

Thanks, are you using maven’s nightly build ?

FrostByte
7 minutes ago, AurelMarius said:

Thanks, are you using maven’s nightly build ?

No, just the regular Kodi Omega nightly builds.

AurelMarius
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Here is the log.

Thanks.

kodi.log

quickmic
15 minutes ago, AurelMarius said:

Here is the log.

Thanks.

kodi.log 278.48 kB · 1 download

Thanks, I can see the problem. What kind of content are you playing? Seems like live TV for me and that's where the player crashed.

AurelMarius
1 minute ago, quickmic said:

Thanks, I can see the problem. What kind of content are you playing? Seems like live TV for me and that's where the player crashed.

I don’t play livetv via emby, I have tvheadend server with the built in hts.pvr addon.

I’m trying to watch a tv show from the emby server. Monarch.

quickmic
Just now, AurelMarius said:

I don’t play livetv via emby, I have tvheadend server with the built in hts.pvr addon.

I’m trying to watch a tv show from the emby server. Monarch.

And that's probably the issue. I haven't tested this scenario. Please send me the same log in debug mode and send it via PM (don't post debug logs in public).

Also please confirm following. Restart Kodi, Don't play livetv go straight to em emby episode. Check if skip intro and progress is reflected on Emby server.

FrostByte

When using the A-Z nodes, is there a way to hide (or not create) the xml list for letters where there is no content?  I don't believe the Kodi node displays letters (or grouped letters) when empty.

synced node emby_movies_Movies/letter

In this pic there aren't any TV shows that begin with the letter "C".

image.jpeg.7f57e0aae0545dc2f5c3187d490d4207.jpeg

• Like 1

quickmic

Nothing I know but you can try yourself. Synced nodes using standard Kodi functions. Feel free to modify the xmls, ,if you find a way, I'll add it.

• Like 1

AurelMarius
45 minutes ago, quickmic said:

And that's probably the issue. I haven't tested this scenario. Please send me the same log in debug mode and send it via PM (don't post debug logs in public).

Also please confirm following. Restart Kodi, Don't play livetv go straight to em emby episode. Check if skip intro and progress is reflected on Emby server.

Ok, I tested, you are right. If I don't play livetv before playing content from emby everything is working as it should. After I play live tv, emby stops reporting. I sent you PM with logs.

quickmic
1 minute ago, AurelMarius said:

Working with this build, thanks a lot.

ok, then I'll push it to repo...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

quickmic

New BETA version available 9.4.8:

Delta changelog 9.4.7 -> 9.4.8

fix player crash when content was playerd from an external source (not Emby)

• Like 2