quickmic

quickmic
On 12/13/2023 at 10:05 PM, t123thomas said:

Hi Quickmic,

I am seeing a lot of errors any thoughts

here is log report

https://paste.kodi.tv/udahevezix

what are these errors                                                  
2023-12-13 14:43:26.229 T:1109    error <general>: GetDirectory - Unable to get http directory (http://127.0.0.1:57342/)
2023-12-13 14:43:26.229 T:1109    error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting http://127.0.0.1:57342/
2023-12-13 14:43:28.899 T:1109    error <general>: CCurlFile::Open - <http://127.0.0.1:57342/> Failed with code 404:

My playlist short cut is not  appearing, under the settings when I tries to add to the menu

023-12-13 14:43:35.199 T:1109    error <general>: GetDirectory - Unable to get http directory (http://127.0.0.1:57342/)
2023-12-13 14:43:35.199 T:1109    error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting http://127.0.0.1:57342/2023-12-13 14:43:37.834 T:1092     info <general>: PVR Manager: Starting cleanup of cached images.
2023-12-13 14:43:39.950 T:1037     info <general>: Loading skin file: DialogAddonInfo.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
2023-12-13 14:43:41.418 T:1109     info <general>: Skin Helper Backgrounds --> Generated smart shortcuts for emby nodes: []
2023-12-13 14:43:41.442 T:1109     info <general>: Skin Helper Backgrounds --> Error while processing smart shortcuts for playlist special://profile/playlists/video/emby_movies_Adult.xsp  --> This file seems to be corrupted, please remove it from your system to prevent any further errors.
2023-12-13 14:43:41.442 T:1109     info <general>: Skin Helper Backgrounds --> Error while processing smart shortcuts for playlist special://profile/playlists/video/emby_movies_Africa.xsp  --> This file seems to be corrupted, please remove it from your system to prevent any further errors.
2023-12-13 14:43:41.442 T:1109     info <general>: Skin Helper Backgrounds --> Error while processing smart shortcuts for playlist special://profile/playlists/video/emby_boxsets_Collections.xsp  --> This file seems to be corrupted, please remove it from your system to prevent any further errors.
2023-12-13 14:43:41.442 T:1109     info <general>: Skin Helper Backgrounds --> Error while processing smart shortcuts for playlist special://profile/playlists/video/emby_movies_Foreign.xsp  --> This file seems to be corrupted, please remove it from your system to prevent any further errors.
2023-12-13 14:43:41.442 T:1109     info <general>: Skin Helper Backgrounds --> Error while processing smart shortcuts for playlist special://profile/playlists/video/emby_movies_Kids.xsp  --> This file seems to be corrupted, please remove it from your system to prevent any further errors.
2023-12-13 14:43:41.442 T:1109     info <general>: Skin Helper Backgrounds --> Error while processing smart shortcuts for playlist special://profile/playlists/video/emby_livetv_Live_TV.xsp  --> This file seems to be corrupted, please remove it from your system to prevent any further errors.
2023-12-13 14:43:41.442 T:1109     info <general>: Skin Helper Backgrounds --> Error while processing smart shortcuts for playlist special://profile/playlists/video/emby_movies_Movies.xsp  --> This file seems to be corrupted, please remove it from your system to prevent any further errors.
2023-12-13 14:43:41.442 T:1109     info <general>: Skin Helper Backgrounds --> Error while processing smart shortcuts for playlist special://profile/playlists/video/emby_tvshows_TV_shows.xsp  --> This file seems to be corrupted, please remove it from your system to prevent any further errors.

is there still an issue with xsp playlists? I just checked, and works fine on my setup.

t123thomas

Hi Sorry for flooding  you with to many log, in this log I invoked debug option if that may reveled why sub menu is not populated.

My main in issue is the sub menu for the play list node is not working

If you have any suggestions what and what changes to make in the skin to recognized "plugin.video.emby-next-gen"

log

Thanks

quickmic
3 minutes ago, t123thomas said:

Hi Sorry for flooding  you with to many log, in this log I invoked debug option if that may reveled why sub menu is not populated.

My main in issue is the sub menu for the play list node is not working

If you have any suggestions what and what changes to make in the skin to recognized "plugin.video.emby-next-gen"

log

Thanks

I don't know the skin, but why you are not using the nodes from the plugin instead of playlists?

I'm sure this skin is fully customizable.

rotational467
On 16/12/2023 at 11:27, rotational467 said:

Seeing two issues related to theme media playback in 8.x vs 9.x.  Emby 4.8.0.61 and .62.  Kodi 20.2 on Win11.  Latest version of the TVTunes add-on from Latt's.

8.2.15 - Theme media syncs and plays properly for movie library only.  TV show library themes do not sync (library seems to be ignored entirely)

9.1.0 and 9.1.1 - Kodi freezes when theme media playback starts, TV library appears to sync properly (and TV shows will attempt theme playback and trigger the freeze)

Exact same behaviors persisted between clean installs of Windows (not related to this).  I'm not sure at what point  8.x the TV sync stopped, existing shows that had already been synced kept working until I rebuilt that box the first time.  For 9.x freezing Kodi, the debug log stops with what looks like a timeout while trying to call the appropriate theme mp3.  In all cases E4K is in add-on mode and theme media is linked not copied.

8.2.15 is otherwise good here, this is not a showstopper lol.  Just something for the 9.x list, I can generate some logs this weekend if desired.

Got this sussed out, it's caused by the "Fade in on playback start" option in TVTunes 2.0.8.  When that option is enabled + 9.x + theme media linked, kodi freezes when theme playback tries to start.  This might have nothing to do with emby/E4K, and I'm never planning on thinking about it again, so don't worry if it doesn't quite make your priority list lol.  (The default Fade Out on stop option works normally)

Also, 9.1.1 definitely corrects the issue with all libraries not syncing theme media that I saw in 8.2.15, thank you!  Going to test 9.x as my daily driver going forward.

Edited by rotational467
  • Like 1

quickmic
On 12/4/2023 at 12:17 PM, quickmic said:

Yes same here. A library scan on Kodi 21 beta 1 crashes after finished, but scan was completed. I assume it's due to the xml bug in Kodi 21.

I found the problem. It's related to skin reload in Kodi 21 and is not a plugin issue. However, I added a workaround but also Kodi crashes something if you change the skin from stock to some others. Kodi21 is still buggy.

quickmic
On 12/18/2023 at 3:43 PM, HansWurst said:

Yes. After going to the information - page of home videos there is no play button. You will have to start the movie by context menu (long pressing ok button on the remote). 

On "normal" movies everything works as it should, I think. 

You mean dynamic nodes -> homevideos -> videos -> context-menu -> Information?

HansWurst

@quickmic

Yes. 

Anyway no sync nodes work on the home videos. 

Dynamic nodes: folder view does not work (after trying to start it it is loading "forever" without results and I have to stop it manually). 

Collections worked a little bit until today. It showed a mixture of collection and folder view. Collection did not work (collections are shown but when opening a collection the next menu doesn't show the movies of the collection but the collection itself) but the folders were shown next to the collections and when entering the folder the movies were shown and could be startet without problems. 

Today I tried different settings. At last I switched back to dynamic nodes - home videos - collections. What should I say? It doesn't work anymore. The collections are shown (but don't work) and the folders disapeared. I don't know what I did wrong. 😉

Edited by HansWurst

quickmic
14 hours ago, HansWurst said:

I don't know what I did wrong. 😉

Nothing, homevideo nodes has some bugs. It's almost fixed in my test version, and I'll release a new one in the next days.

I was just checking, if I missed something to review. There are many ways to use the dynamic nodes...

btw, the issue affects also some other dynamic nodes, but not as much as for homevidoes.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

quickmic

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 9.1.2:

Delta changelog 9.1.1 -> 9.1.2

fix kodi source -> http://kodi.emby.tv
fix Kodi shutdown when Emby server connection was down
fix dynamic node sort options
code unification
fix homevideo/photos dynamic node
fix init sync crash
option to disable favorites sync

Comment:

Node reset is recommended -> plugin config menu -> Sync -> Node reset. Restart Kodi

Still not all (edge) cases tested like iso files, bluray, native/addon mixed content etc.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

quickmic
4 minutes ago, HansWurst said:

No difference here. 

Collections don't work, home video and picture nodes don't work. 

Please explain exactly, what's the issue.

How it should work ->

Synced node:

Boxsets and Collections will only include videos NEVER pictures! -> Kodi cannot sync pictures.

Collections are only synced if you enable "Boxset to tags" (for videos only!) -> Kodi cannot sync pictures.

Dynamic nodes:

Only Boxset node is available, and should include both. Videos ans pictures.

HansWurst

It is the same behaviour as I reported above:

On 12/20/2023 at 2:57 PM, HansWurst said:

@quickmic

Yes. 

Anyway no sync nodes work on the home videos. 

Dynamic nodes: folder view does not work (after trying to start it it is loading "forever" without results and I have to stop it manually). 

Collections worked a little bit until today. It showed a mixture of collection and folder view. Collection did not work (collections are shown but when opening a collection the next menu doesn't show the movies of the collection but the collection itself) but the folders were shown next to the collections and when entering the folder the movies were shown and could be startet without problems. 

Today I tried different settings. At last I switched back to dynamic nodes - home videos - collections. What should I say? It doesn't work anymore. The collections are shown (but don't work) and the folders disapeared. I don't know what I did wrong. 😉

Pictures I try to acces in file / folder view. Doesn't work. 

quickmic
1 minute ago, HansWurst said:

It is the same behaviour as I reported above:

Pictures I try to acces in file / folder view. Doesn't work. 

They work, I could upload a youtube video to prove it (if you wish), that's why I'm asking. Did you get a black screen? Then close the picture and open the same picture again and it show up. If this is your concern, it's a Kodi 21 bug.

HansWurst

For pictures I use dynamic node - pictures - folders. It doesn't load. On the screen at the upper left Kodi displays "Musik". Could it be, there are problems between picture and music library? 

For home video I choosed dynamic nodes - home video - collections. The collections are shown properly, but when I open the collection in the next menu the collection itself is shown again, not the movie. 

I do not use Kodi 21,it is 20.x.

20231222_190902.jpg

quickmic
3 minutes ago, HansWurst said:

For pictures I use dynamic node - pictures - folders. It doesn't load. On the screen at the upper left Kodi displays "Musik". Could it be, there are problems between picture and music library? 

For home video I choosed dynamic nodes - home video - collections. The collections are shown properly, but when I open the collection in the next menu the collection itself is shown again, not the movie. 

20231222_190902.jpg

There is NO node for homevideos called "collections" in dynamic nodes.

I really cannot follow let, me upload a video...

quickmic
5 minutes ago, quickmic said:

There is NO node for homevideos called "collections" in dynamic nodes.

I really cannot follow let, me upload a video...

Correction, seems videos are not shown, but pcitures. I'll check that again....

HansWurst

Well it is the German word for collections. 

And again, on the "Sammlungen" page of home video Kodi says it is "Musik" (music) in the upper left corner. 

20231222_193943.jpg

20231222_193757.jpg

quickmic
3 minutes ago, HansWurst said:

Well it is the German word for collections. 

And again, on the "Sammlungen" page of home video Kodi says it is "Musik" (music) in the upper left corner. 

20231222_193943.jpg

20231222_193757.jpg

Ok, I come back to you. I'll triple check the plugin, but there are major Kodi issues as well.

Videos not reported under "homevideos" could be a plugin issue...

Just to let you know (for bug reports).

Homevideos is a mixture of videos, Photoalbums and Photos (in Emby) terms and movies and images in Kodi terms. I try to cover all cases (including all mappings).

Even more, each (node) selection can result in different cases, that means I've to test all of them.

Currently pictures works perfect from plugin side (but kodi has bugs).

Videos listing might have issues (plugin issues) in some cases.

However, that's why I'm so picky about test conditions.

Video/picture content are handled completely different even it's the same (Emby) library and how you select them (node) has also an impact.

LittleWizard

Enable option to delete seems not to work (I don't see any delete option in a movie or TV show context menu).

9.x does work very well globally.

• Like 1

quickmic
10 hours ago, HansWurst said:

20231222_190902.jpg

I try to reproduce the issue...

How do you access the dynamic nodes? Is the node embedded in your skin or do you browse via plugins  -> "open"

Is there somewhere an audio file included in this folder you try to access?

Did you sync homevideos?

Please send me a debug log via PM.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

quickmic
6 hours ago, LittleWizard said:

Enable option to delete seems not to work (I don't see any delete option in a movie or TV show context menu).

Will be fixed in next version