Top Picks support thread

chef

1 hour ago, Spaceboy said:

it did load eventually.

i don't think this is working properly though, if i understand it properly.

image.png.fd2c1f4b9735ae3d35c9ddec9947a7de.png

i see media items from mixed content libraries which are "movies" but are not from the "Movies" library

btw disk space is working fine for me ;)

I have updated auto organize, and fixed diskspace.

Alexa is working, and I have started to recode the alpha picker.

Shouldn't be too long 😃

• Like 2

Bottles51
On 12/5/2022 at 10:52 PM, chef said:

This has been fixed in the new release.

But, if the task still fails, please go into the config page select an options for the TV shows, and for the Movies under user engagement.

Run the task, then go back and un-select those options if you don't want them selected.

Apparently the configuration got a bit messed up in the last release.

I apologize.

FYI if you go back and un-select these options when you run the user engagement task you still revive the error. Therefore we or possibly only I cannot pull from all movie library's. The only way this does not fail is to keep a library in both category's selected.

Edited by Bottles51
  • Thanks 1

Still can not get my head around how Top Picks picks the tops :D

Never seen a TV series get picked and even the movies are somehow weird. It almost looks like it always picks the same movies, evn if a newer movie has been added.

I have to apologize the Christmas season has got me in the kitchen more then ever.

I tried to get some extra programming done, but the day job is just exhausting right now.

I will look at everything again.

Bottles51
5 hours ago, chef said:

I have to apologize the Christmas season has got me in the kitchen more then ever.

I tried to get some extra programming done, but the day job is just exhausting right now.

I will look at everything again.

No apologies needed brother, enjoy the holidays.

Painkiller8818
On 12/11/2022 at 3:44 PM, Painkiller8818 said:

I am not sure if this is a top to bottom sorting

For me this looks very random

image.thumb.png.19dc0dd4452522034805970899d758a0.png

As i wrote, for me this looks very random and does not have something to to with sorting vertically or horizontally.

So maybe there is a way to add a default sorting for Samsung TVs or TVs in general.

Thanks

Spaceboy

crashed again.... but i think this time i have a clue!

top picks ran fine, completed and shows everything as it should when its run as a standalone task. but my top picks scheduled task runs at the same time as my weekly full all libraries scan. its only then that it crashes.

also no rush to respond here, enjoy some time off 👍

3 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

crashed again.... but i think this time i have a clue!

top picks ran fine, completed and shows everything as it should when its run as a standalone task. but my top picks scheduled task runs at the same time as my weekly full all libraries scan. its only then that it crashes.

also no rush to respond here, enjoy some time off 👍

Oh, I wish it were time off. Im working like a dog cooking food 😆

Okay, I have time this afternoon before I have to cook dinner again.

GrimReaper
12 minutes ago, derandi said:

Hi, is the price for the app one time or per month?

It's one-off purchase.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Eigeplackter

Just purchased the plugin, but the email I received is kinda strange, why do I recieve a new Emby Premier Key ?

Is the licence check for the plugin included in the regular Premier Licence check ?

Eigeplackter

Another question , I think I got something wrong, I thought the user picked movies/tvshows would show on top of an auto generated list?

like owners favorites and 9 additional trending items

right now I see only my favorites, in no real order?

On 12/19/2022 at 9:30 AM, Eigeplackter said:

Just purchased the plugin, but the email I received is kinda strange, why do I recieve a new Emby Premier Key ?

Is the licence check for the plugin included in the regular Premier Licence check ?

No pm me. Your PayPal email is different then your premiere email,  and I just have to fix that.

Thanks. 👍

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eigeplackter said:

Another question , I think I got something wrong, I thought the user picked movies/tvshows would show on top of an auto generated list?

like owners favorites and 9 additional trending items

right now I see only my favorites, in no real order?

Once we figure out your email problem (please check your pms).

You can choose items inside the Top Picks configuration page.

I'm sorry if the problem has already been raised but I haven't looked at the other pages.

When Top picks contains a series it shows me all the episodes instead of grouping them. Is it a bad configuration on my part?

Screenshot from 2022-12-22 23-04-39.png

26 minutes ago, Thuzad said:

I'm sorry if the problem has already been raised but I haven't looked at the other pages.

When Top picks contains a series it shows me all the episodes instead of grouping them. Is it a bad configuration on my part?

Screenshot from 2022-12-22 23-04-39.png

Can I please see a log. Thank you 

treason

Hey so I have like 2000 movies in my library. Initially I was on the one week trial and it was working great, then it stopped working and I realized it was because I didn’t pay.

Anyway, I paid, and I still can’t get the top 10 items to generate. I only get the same three movies every time. I updated MB to the latest server, and I ran all of the scheduled tasks. 

Could it be that my PayPal is not properly linked to my Emby? Or do you think I have things misconfigured.

Thanks for the help. happy holidays!

Edited by treason

17 minutes ago, treason said:

Hey so I have like 2000 movies in my library. Initially I was on the one week trial and it was working great, then it stopped working and I realized it was because I didn’t pay.

Anyway, I paid, and I still can’t get the top 10 items to generate. I only get the same three movies every time. I updated MB to the latest server, and I ran all of the scheduled tasks. 

Could it be that my PayPal is not properly linked to my Emby? Or do you think I have things misconfigured.

Can you pm me your PayPal email address please., Or does the plugin say your are registered I. The catalog? 

Edited by chef

I am almost done cooking the Christmas season. It has been a long soulless, couple weeks cooking turkeys over and over and over... 😆

Then I will have the time to do something I actually enjoy... Mainly programing top picks. 

• Haha 2

Junglejim
11 hours ago, chef said:

I am almost done cooking the Christmas season. It has been a long soulless, couple weeks cooking turkeys over and over and over... 😆

Then I will have the time to do something I actually enjoy... Mainly programing top picks. 

I love a good turkey Christmas dinner! I guess that's why your called chef.. :)

No rush with Top Picks, it's gold mate. I'm sure you have a few things you want to sort out but take your time and enjoy the holiday season.

Merry Christmas.

Edited by Junglejim
  • Agree 2

Spaceboy
On 18/12/2022 at 13:38, chef said:

Oh, I wish it were time off. Im working like a dog cooking food 😆

Okay, I have time this afternoon before I have to cook dinner again.

any thoughts chef? 24hours until the next crash :)

• Haha 1

Can you change the time the scheduled task runs? So it doesn't run at the same time as the other refresh?

I can add code that stops the top picks from running when other tasks are. But, you'd still have to find an appropriate time to run it. 

Edited by chef

On 12/22/2022 at 5:34 PM, treason said:

@treason are you still experiencing issues as well?