Vantage Point 2.0 - Complete Rework

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer
55 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

here you go. just one specific intro should play before all episodes and movies

embyserver(22).txt 257.22 kB · 1 download

Is cinemaIntros enable for the client? I think that needs to be on IIRC, but I can’t remember and not able to check just now 

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Spaceboy
2 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Is cinemaIntros enable for the client? I think that needs to be on IIRC, but I can’t remember and not able to check just now 

yep

image.png.6037349e91f345e25a5ee5bdf7fb0b17.png

Guest phoenixexcinere
On 10/22/2022 at 12:18 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

Hi there, apologies for missing this.  

Thanks for your answer and I understand, but it does not work.

Today I tested a bit, my intros don't play, none of them.
That's why I downloaded an Emby Intro from the forum here and it works without any problems.
Could it be that there is a problem with some codes or formats?

I just don't see much of a difference between the two videos.
Attached is a picture with information about the codecs of the two intro videos

679997401_Bildschirmfotozu2022-10-2618-28-07.thumb.png.7fd764c0979238338df71595185d2bdd.png

Cheesegeezer
4 minutes ago, phoenixexcinere said:

Thanks for your answer and I understand, but it does not work.

Today I tested a bit, my intros don't play, none of them.
That's why I downloaded an Emby Intro from the forum here and it works without any problems.
Could it be that there is a problem with some codes or formats?

I just don't see much of a difference between the two videos.
Attached is a picture with information about the codecs of the two intro videos

679997401_Bildschirmfotozu2022-10-2618-28-07.thumb.png.7fd764c0979238338df71595185d2bdd.png

I am completely baffled.  

The plugin has no bearing on the type of media as long as it is of Type Video (which could be mp4, xvid, divx, mkv)

The plugin simply collects a list of paths to the video files and plays them accordinng to the users set up.

Have you run a library scan since adding that file.

The one on the left is the emby intro i made.  but can't understand why it wont plaay the one on the right.  Can you post the intro1.mp4 here please as a zip and i will download and try on my system.

I'm running Beta 4.8.0.13 nowon my dev laptop and did tests on my stable 4.7.8 main server and both work fine for me.

This is really frustrating, but i would love to get to the bottom of this once and for all.

Guest phoenixexcinere

I was surprised myself, but that's the only difference, at least for me. Otherwise everything is identical. The permissions are the same, the directory is the same.

What confuses me, however, is that my certification bumpers also work, they have the same codec as the intros.

But there must be a reason why one video works and the other doesn't

but if I convert the video that works with Handbrake, it no longer works either.
Kinda very strange

Edited by phoenixexcinere

Cheesegeezer
11 minutes ago, phoenixexcinere said:

I was surprised myself, but that's the only difference, at least for me. Otherwise everything is identical. The permissions are the same, the directory is the same.

What confuses me, however, is that my certification bumpers also work, they have the same codec as the intros.

But there must be a reason why one video works and the other doesn't

my thoughts exactly 

11 minutes ago, phoenixexcinere said:

but if I convert the video that works with Handbrake, it no longer works either.
Kinda very strange

Wooooooah that’s crazy mental. Is there some setting in handbrake that locks the file. 

try this. Create a mixed library and add your intros folder to it. See how emby handles playback of those intros. 

its about all i can suggest at the mo

Guest phoenixexcinere

with mixed its still the same :(

I once created multiple intros with two intros. One intro that works and one intro that doesn't work. Even in the log file I don't see a problem that could explain it

The intro "Emby_Intro_AACv2_5_1.mp4" is played in the log file and "björnflix_Mountain Peaks Opener_1080p.mp4" will not play.

logfile.txt

unisoft

Vantage Point movies works for me, bumpers, BBCFC classification on all clients I've used which is nearly all.

Vantage Point TV does not work on any client except the LG TV Emby app, but it did used to work on older server version 4.6.7 and clients until Emby team updated them.

Cheesegeezer
29 minutes ago, phoenixexcinere said:

with mixed its still the same :(

so the issue is with the media file. Is the mediainfo correct in the details page? 

can you share a non playable intro file for me please i really would love to know or figure out… why? 

29 minutes ago, phoenixexcinere said:

I once created multiple intros with two intros. One intro that works and one intro that doesn't work. Even in the log file I don't see a problem that could explain it

The intro "Emby_Intro_AACv2_5_1.mp4" is played in the log file and "björnflix_Mountain Peaks Opener_1080p.mp4" will not play.

logfile.txt 36.92 kB · 0 downloads

🤨😖🤯

Guest phoenixexcinere
24 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

can you share a non playable intro file for me please i really would love to know or figure out… why? 

Of course, that's an intro that doesn't work for me.

It would be really crazy if it worked for you, because then I really don't know what to do anymore

Cheesegeezer
14 minutes ago, phoenixexcinere said:

Of course, that's an intro that doesn't work for me.

It would be really crazy if it worked for you, because then I really don't know what to do anymore

Can you zip/rar/7zip  it please. Cant download videos direct from the forum. Cheers Ta

Guest phoenixexcinere

yes the filenames are very long :( but I tested it with the name "intro1" "intro2" and so on, with the same result.

Cheesegeezer
9 minutes ago, phoenixexcinere said:

yes the filenames are very long :( but I tested it with the name "intro1" "intro2" and so on, with the same result.

So here is my set up

image.png.5bb3e757d7dccbacd684bef9af86793e.png

image.png.c75a2238658ffa96ec18d4b8ad6f83f5.png

lets see :D 

Cheesegeezer

It didn't play for me either

But Vantage Point does find it and add it to the play list.

image.png.163d1652cffdec8350a2f71336dd26d8.png

image.thumb.png.243155c8854f8b23511f30b35703a307.png

Oh shoot i forgot to library scan..... 2 secs

Cheesegeezer

So library scan picks up the intro

image.thumb.png.caf5354f8ed9f10c7a4a2ed81c3863d0.png

lets see now!!! hehehehe

Guest phoenixexcinere

hmm strange. I have no idea why it doesn't work here.
could it possibly be a codec problem with my PC? First I set up Vantage Point with a Windows PC, now Mint is running here and some codecs don't like it that much.
but actually the PC has nothing to do with it.

Cheesegeezer
8 minutes ago, phoenixexcinere said:

hmm strange. I have no idea why it doesn't work here.
could it possibly be a codec problem with my PC? First I set up Vantage Point with a Windows PC, now Mint is running here and some codecs don't like it that much.
but actually the PC has nothing to do with it.

I don't know what Mint is.  

I'm on Win 10 

image.png.01aba6e3369505494a2a89f5f173c521.png

no codec packs or anything installed

Guest phoenixexcinere
4 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I don't know what Mint is.  

Linux Mint, it based on ubuntu. I will try tomorrow from work, there I have a windows notebook.

Cheesegeezer
3 minutes ago, phoenixexcinere said:

Linux Mint, it based on ubuntu. I will try tomorrow from work, there I have a windows notebook.

Dang... maybe it's something to do with that.  I'll speak with the core team and see if there is anything i can do to irradicate this issue on my side.  

But the red flags started singing to me when you couldn't even play those intros when you created a mixed library of them.

Good luck fella and let me know the outcome of your tests please.

Guest phoenixexcinere

Sooo, I did a little more testing today:
I configured Vantage Point from work (Windows PC), I completely wiped and recreated the movie library, I uninstalled and reinstalled Vantage Point, I tried again with mixed content, unfortunately all to no avail.

He just plays the Emby intro and the FSK bumpers but not my intros.
I have absolutely no idea what it could be.
Especially since it has worked before. During the closed beta it ran without any problems.
I then disabled Vantage Point for a while and now it doesn't work anymore.

Very mysterious.
But hey, I can live without it for a while. Maybe reinstalling the Emby container will help, I'll have to test that when I get a chance.

Translated with Google, but I hope you understand anyway :)

Cheesegeezer
6 minutes ago, phoenixexcinere said:

Sooo, I did a little more testing today:
I configured Vantage Point from work (Windows PC), I completely wiped and recreated the movie library, I uninstalled and reinstalled Vantage Point, I tried again with mixed content, unfortunately all to no avail.

He just plays the Emby intro and the FSK bumpers but not my intros.
I have absolutely no idea what it could be.
Especially since it has worked before. During the closed beta it ran without any problems.
I then disabled Vantage Point for a while and now it doesn't work anymore.

Very mysterious.
But hey, I can live without it for a while. Maybe reinstalling the Emby container will help, I'll have to test that when I get a chance.

Translated with Google, but I hope you understand anyway :)

Clear as Day my friend.

So from a fresh install nothing works.

I will try this myself tomorrow.  and see if there are some legacy issues since the cores updates that may be hiding in the background.

I really want you guys to enjoy this and i don't like why it's not working for you all.

• Like 2